Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

2 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

I'm tapping out of this back and forth. Let's just keep it to the 2017 trade deadline talk, and eliminate Holmgren from the equation. 

Okie dokie. You're a better man than me.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

this one has to be the best one I have seen thus far:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-absolutely-insane-trade-rumor-involving-flyers-star-claude-giroux

yeah...and who is coming to the Flyers from the Habs ....very interesting rumor ....:ermm:

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

I was laughing b/c I started reading some of the FB posts and there are people saying it would be for  Carey Price... LOL!

:lol: yeah....right! :lol:  Reading FB is like reading Eklund!

Streit does not want to be traded I keep hearing. Well Streit your going to be a UFA soon so stop being a selfish pansy and help this team in getting picks for yourself and go with a contender and possibly win a cup before you retire.

33 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I heard the rumour as well. I got a call from one of my scout friends from London last night and the rumour he heard was Giroux, Morin and Neuvirth to Montreal for Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Sergachev and Montoya. He said less than zero chance of this happening, but he did state that he's heard from a few other guys that there's been whispers that the Flyers have been whispering Giroux's name just to see what kind of offer they could get for him. As well, my scout friend mentioned that Sam Morin is going nowhere as Flyers management holds him in very high regard. They feel he's an equalizer to guys like Tom Wilson and feel that his skillset is very underrated. He's being developed to be a defensive stopper, but they also believe that the untapped offensive potential in Morin will come through as he gets a little heavier and more experience with the pro game.

48 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

he is rumored to be "available" but that is all.... nothing more.

So would they take Weal and maybe a pick for Duclair??

I'd do that.

They still have Perlini and Crouse at LW.

58 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

this one has to be the best one I have seen thus far:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-absolutely-insane-trade-rumor-involving-flyers-star-claude-giroux

So this rumor's actually got legs.  I wonder if there's anything at all to it at this point.  This doesn't seem to indicate who would be involved at the Montreal side.  

4 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So this rumor's actually got legs.  I wonder if there's anything at all to it at this point.  This doesn't seem to indicate who would be involved at the Montreal side.  

Legs?    Being a rumor is being a rumor.   Ek makes a living out of it.   As for what BC16 said there is really no chance of this happening....

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

IMHO, it has no legs because the 1st person that reported it was @hockeyyinsiderr.  For those not in the know, he's worse than Eklund.  Eklund at least puts his name on his stuff.  The other dude is an anonymous account.  

2 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

IMHO, it has no legs because the 1st person that reported it was @hockeyyinsiderr.  For those not in the know, he's worse than Eklund.  Eklund at least puts his name on his stuff.  The other dude is an anonymous account.  

Completely agree Gaz....    

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Legs?    Being a rumor is being a rumor.   Ek makes a living out of it.   As for what BC16 said there is really no chance of this happening....

I tend to agree. But this ain't Eklund.   I'm just surprised it's still going.  

Frankly I can't imagine what they'd want to give us in return.  None of the rumors are suggesting a return which starts to get fishy.  

11 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

You think MOntreal radio got it from HockeyInsiderr?  Not saying one way or another... just seems a bit far fetched.

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

You think MOntreal radio got it from HockeyInsiderr?  Not saying one way or another... just seems a bit far fetched.

Don't disagree.  But when these fringe outlets report this stuff, I tend to ignore it.  Lotsa of click bait anymore.

Archived