Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

9 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

IMHO, it has no legs because the 1st person that reported it was @hockeyyinsiderr.  For those not in the know, he's worse than Eklund.  Eklund at least puts his name on his stuff.  The other dude is an anonymous account.  

I hope I'm not the anonymous account. I'd have no problems attaching names, but last thing I want to do is out someone who can get in serious trouble for mentioning stuff like this. I know he's said that the scouting world is full of trade rumours and gossip and it's pretty easy to sort out the serious offers and from just chatter. When he heard the Flyers - Canadiens rumour, he laughed it off because he was talking with one of the Flyers scouts about it and that this rumour started from an overzealous radio program in Montreal and it took on a life of it's own. The rumour actually started out as pure speculation and then names started getting bandied about.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Don't disagree.  But when these fringe outlets report this stuff, I tend to ignore it.  Lotsa of click bait anymore.

I mean it's all just entertainment value as far as I'm concerned.  More interesting than the actual season turned out to be.

I believed this team had a chance to make the playoffs too.  That didn't turn out to be so credible either.  

Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Steve Mason, Michal Neuvirth, Mark Streit and Michael Del Zotto are getting interest.

“I’m prepared for anything,” Mason said, adding he wasn’t worrying about something he can’t control.

Defenseman Mark Streit is a free agent and is hoping he can stay past the deadline and come back next year.

Sam Carchidi: Pending UFA Michael Del Zotto hopes to re-sign with the Flyers and help mentor their young defensemen.

source

Trade Giroux, get number 1 pick or two prospects. 

Look Flyers will not be good next two years at least, so there is no reason to keep him and screw his career. He can win Cup with other team. 

Just let him go. 

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Note to fans going to hockey games: Buy cheap hats!

Hahahahaha...   I just said the same thing to the wife...  That was great and Jake and Wayne's reaction was hysterical.

This team needs a break and some personality makes it good to watch.

11 minutes ago, phlfly said:

Look Flyers will not be good next two years at least, so there is no reason to keep him and screw his career. He can win Cup with other team. 

Just let him go. 

Good to see you back!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So "rumor" Flyers trying to sign Neuvy to a new deal before making any moves....

where is this rumor coming from?

1 hour ago, phlfly said:

Just let him go. 

Two good prospects, yeah, it's possible. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell you're getting the #1 pick for Giroux.

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Two good prospects, yeah, it's possible. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell you're getting the #1 pick for Giroux.

I'm sure he just meant a first rounder. You'd better be able to get one of those for Giroux.

But they're not trading Giroux.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

I am gonna be that guy... I would not sign either goalie and let the market at out.   I rather have Mason on a cheap deal if possible.    And I don't think it is far fetched...

I would get rid of both of them, unless I could keep Neuvy cheaply as a backup to Stolarz. I think Mason is going to want more money than we are willing to give him, or at least SHOULD be willing to give him.

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I would get rid of both of them, unless I could keep Neuvy cheaply as a backup to Stolarz. I think Mason is going to want more money than we are willing to give him, or at least SHOULD be willing to give him.

Totally agree.... Although I think Mason is on for a ride awakening.   Goalie market this odd season is a bit iffy.

4 hours ago, phlfly said:

Just let him go. 

Get a 1st round pick for Giroux in one of the worst drafts in years? No thanks 

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So "rumor" Flyers trying to sign Neuvy to a new deal before making any moves....

YES! his .887 SA% and 5 soft goals in his last two games is just what the doctor ordered to turn this franchise around.

Archived