Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

Just now, flyer4ever said:

Tampa and Stevie Y agreeably have cap issues. What they also have is realistic appraisals of their team. He is looking at his roster 1 player at a time and making decisions on whether each player can help win a Cup, not finish 8th. 

look on the bright side.... we are striving to be mediocre at best!!!   

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

LOL!!! Love that line b/c it is 100% true.   Not sure what to think... we have a few hours left but I dont see anything happening.   Ol' Ronald is going to sit on his hands and hope for a playoff spot.    Being stuck in neutral is really not that fun...

At this point I am expecting him to give Streit and MDZ an extension.

I don't see that at all.  Hexy's not delusional.  He knows the deal with his team.  He traded it's leading goal scorer just to get his salary off the books two years sooner (which is this year BTW).  

Frankly, if they don't make any moves it's because they weren't being offered much in return... which is entirely feasible.  

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I can't believe the Flyers have 2 friggin goaltenders and noone wants either one...

#sadshiittdaysahead

Just now, King Knut said:

I don't see that at all.  Frankly, if they don't make any moves it's because they weren't being offered much in return... which is entirely feasible.  

well, yes.... or Hextall is an idiot and is overvaluing his players.

59 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Timmy P is reporting that Couts just left the ice and a trade might be coming.... all the Couts haters rejoice!!!

Don't do this to me!  Don't dangle the carrot and then take it away.

He probably just broke a nail.

22 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Hakstol strongly hints he hopes no moves are made by #Flyers.

LOL....   Please Hak!   This Team is not making any run...   

Maybe I'm overreacting to Hakstol's statement a bit, but I would rather have my second year coach say something like "Ron Hextall's the GM, no matter what moves are made, we'll adjust, move forward, and see what we can do toward making the playoffs." He has a BORDERLINE playoff team, and regardless of being a team guy and in support of the players, he needs to be realistic as well.

10 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

How does it track that a team that is unarguably significantly more talented than the Flyers (which I believe Tampa is) in worse shape in the standings than the Flyers?  

Injuries only get you so far. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

No one wants Flyer's garbage...how sad is that.

Talk it with a grain a salt.... but Ek (yes, I know) said he spoke to a "source" and the suspected interest in Streit is just not there... 

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't believe the Flyers have 2 friggin goaltenders and noone wants either one...

#sadshiittdaysahead

It's the Vegas draft.  No team is going to give up an asset for a mediocre to half decent goalie that's just a rental for the playoffs when many teams need a spare goalie under contract in order to protect the one they want to keep.

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Maybe I'm overreacting to Hakstol's statement a bit, but I would rather have my second year coach say something like "Ron Hextall's the GM, no matter what moves are made, we'll adjust, move forward, and see what we can do toward making the playoffs." He has a BORDERLINE playoff team, and regardless of being a team guy and in support of the players, he needs to be realistic as well.

This doesn't indicate at all that Hakstol wants ACQUISITIONS in these moves.  

Hakstol knows that at least one of his goalies and probably three of his D men aren't coming back next year.  

Why wouldn't he want his GM to make moves on those players to get anything at all he could that might help?

18 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

well, yes.... or Hextall is an idiot and is overvaluing his players.

If he was overvaluing them, he'd have given them extensions.  They're not coming back and he knows it.  If he's not trading them, it's because he's not being offered anything.  

Howdy:

Detroit picked up half the salary.  Not a bad deal.  My backyard Panthers want to make a playoff run....probably need to justify their big salary explosion last year.  

10 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If he was overvaluing them, he'd have given them extensions.  They're not coming back and he knows it.  If he's not trading them, it's because he's not being offered anything.  

He's not trading them because he is a corporate pansy and he's trying to coax this group into the playoffs. He should be getting whatever he can for them. If thats a 5th or a 6th rd pick so be it.

5 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

He's not trading them because he is a corporate pansy and he's trying to coax this group into the playoffs. He should be getting whatever he can for them. If thats a 5th or a 6th rd pick so be it.

He can do math.  He's not like Homer who probably took a few too many shots to the head.  

They can't make the playoffs without a miracle or a big superstar acquisition.

He knows this.  He's not happy, he'd like to keep his corporate masters happy.  But he's not delusional.  Everything he's done so far has been in the name of realistically jettisoning the old, expensive and useless to make way for the new and useful.  

Archived