Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Neuvirth re-signed and same with Bellemare

2 replies3 retweets7 likes

Retweet

re: Neuwirth.  Yay.  one less thing.

re: PEB...  (sigh).  safety net I guess.  If he can remain on the 4th line and not play key minutes when we need a goal to tie it up, then I'm not crying over it.  

Signing these guys now is interesting though isn't it?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy:

I have no problem with PEB.  He works hard and knows his role...the guy has more spunk than any three of his teammates put together. I am unsure about Neuvy....wonder if this is a smokescreen signing to protect Stolarz....

Just now, King Knut said:

re: Neuwirth.  Yay.  one less thing.

re: PEB...  (sigh).  safety net I guess.  If he can remain on the 4th line and not play key minutes when we need a goal to tie it up, then I'm not crying over it.  

Signing these guys now is interesting though isn't it?

It is... could be in preparation for expansion draft. Could be shoring up his team before he makes the moves he wants to make (i.e. Mason or another forward?)

Just now, Howie58 said:

Howdy:

I have no problem with PEB.  He works hard and knows his role...the guy has more spunk than any three of his teammates put together. I am unsure about Neuvy....wonder if this is a smokescreen signing to protect Stolarz....

I agree now they have their goalie to expose.

I guess Neuvy and Stolie will tandem in Philly next year.

Maybe Mase is on the move before 3...

I am not an entire idiot I am sure the stupid Expansion draft for the Vegas Golden Dumbfcks is messing things up a lot but you can't get just a few like 6th or 7th rd picks for these guys so we can at least get something for them before they go UFA?

I trust Hexy I really do but at times I wonder if he believes to much into his style. Sometimes doing nothing to much is worse then doing something.

Again it isn't like we are cup contenders or doing it so the kids get some experience.

Honestly I do like the two signings Neuvy and Bellemare though. I rather keep Neuvy out of the two and Bellemare is a serviceable 4th liner

I understand signing Neuvy but why would you give nearly a 1M raise to the worst GAA in the league?   This could be really risky knowing that he has a history of being hurt.  Better hope Stollie can carry the load b/c this could get ugly next year.  Or better hope he gets selected in the expansion.

@Philly29

how do 6th and 7th round picks help the NHL team in even the medium to long term ? 

Maybe the team in Reading has a few more warm bodies. Realistically will those guys, taken 215th in the draft, have a shot to play in the NHL ? If Ron Hextall trades MDZ for a 6th round pick he should be taken out to the parking lot and have the **** kicked out of him and then he should be fired and never allowed near a hockey front office again.

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@Philly29

how do 6th and 7th round picks help the NHL team in even the medium to long term ? 

Maybe the team in Reading has a few more warm bodies. Realistically will those guys, taken 215th in the draft, have a shot to play in the NHL ? If Ron Hextall trades MDZ for a 6th round pick he should be taken out to the parking lot and have the **** kicked out of him and then he should be fired and never allowed near a hockey front office again.

Okay so letting them walk in UFA is a better option?

Just now, murraycraven said:

I understand signing Neuvy but why would you give nearly a 1M raise to the worst GAA in the league?   This could be really risky knowing that he has a history of being hurt.  Better hope Stollie can carry the load b/c this could get ugly next year.  Or better hope he gets selected in the expansion.

Because in oder to get him signed this early you have to pay more. Remember he could be getting that from Vegas.

In fact he could have just waited till after the season.

I'm ok with it. If the team in front of him improves i think he will be ok. He impressed me last year in that series versus the Caps.

This is also leverage maybe when it comes to dealing with Mase maybe.

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

@Philly29

He could still trade them today for sure....  but, getting nothing for them is not great either.   

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because in oder to get him signed this early you have to pay more. Remember he could be getting that from Vegas.

In fact he could have just waited till after the season.

I'm ok with it. If the team in front of him improves i think he will be ok. He impressed me last year in that series versus the Caps.

This is also leverage maybe when it comes to dealing with Mase maybe.

you have to pay THAT much more to sign him before the expansion?  Injury prone and he has been terrible this year.  Sorry, the guy is not going to play 60 games in a season - he can't stay healthy.   Unless there is something else that happens this is another one of Hexy's deal where he creates his own market.    

24 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Looks like Pebbles was resigned for 2 more years.... 1.45M AAV which is a bit higher than I would like.   But hey.... whatever.  Why not give your 4th liner a 100% raise.

Hey, how much is the going rate for 6 points in a season.  Dude had a killer year!

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/3/1/14777286/philadelphia-flyers-nhl-trade-deadline-rumors-michal-neuvirth-contract-extention-thinking-face-emoji

Kind of where my mind is at on this one...

But the issue at hand now is that re-signing Michal Neuvirth doesn’t get us much closer to answering that question of who the Flyers’ starter will be next year. And unless Neuvirth’s signing a contract that would make it easy for the Flyers to bury him in the minors — in which case, why would the Flyers be so eager to do that now, and why would Neuvirth even sign it? — then they’ve only got one more spot on the roster to try and get that guy, with no obvious path there in mind.

All of this proactiveness for a guy who, quite literally, has maybe been the worst semi-regular goalie in the NHL this season. I’d understand if the Flyers waited a bit to see if any prospects or big deals would pan out, and then if neither did, then you go back to Neuvirth in July, bring him back for a year, and have him compete with someone (probably Stolarz), all risks acknowledged. Locking yourself into a multi-year commitment right now, though — especially when you consider that this exact same deal could probably be reached in June, when you’ve got more information on the goalie picture and can still sign Neuvirth for the sake of protecting Stolarz in the expansion draft — seems wholly unnecessary.

Terrible deals. PEB is a serviceable, forgettable 4th liner. Fine at $712,500. At more than twice that? Ridiculous.

Neuvirth has done nothing this season to deserve an almost $1 million raise. Worst statistical goalie in the league this year. Health issues. Coming off a terrible month. And he gets a significant raise? GTFO.

Couts???
Flyers insider Tim Panaccio is reporting that Sean Couturier, one of Philadelphia's top forwards, and arguably their best two-way forward, has suddenly left practice and now there are major trade rumors around him.

1 minute ago, peter679 said:

Couts???
Flyers insider Tim Panaccio is reporting that Sean Couturier, one of Philadelphia's top forwards, and arguably their best two-way forward, has suddenly left practice and now there are major trade rumors around him.

Has the flu from what I have been reading. 

don't get @icehole 's hopes up :haha:

2 minutes ago, peter679 said:

Couts???

Old news. Couturier was ill. He heard about the two extensions.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Terrible deals. PEB is a serviceable, forgettable 4th liner. Fine at $712,500. At more than twice that? Ridiculous.

Neuvirth has done nothing this season to deserve an almost $1 million raise. Worst statistical goalie in the league this year. Health issues. Coming off a terrible month. And he gets a significant raise? GTFO.

I dont get it AJ....   I really don't get these deals...

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

you have to pay THAT much more to sign him before the expansion?  Injury prone and he has been terrible this year.  Sorry, the guy is not going to play 60 games in a season - he can't stay healthy.   Unless there is something else that happens this is another one of Hexy's deal where he creates his own market.    

Not sure who else are going to expose?

Surely not Stolie got to pay to play...

Archived