Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

Just now, Philly29 said:

Seriously?

How exactly would Filppula help the Leafs?  He's not that good. Maybe he upgrades our 3rd or 4th line, but costs a fortune in salary. He damn sure wouldn't be ahead of Matthews or Kadri in the pecking order. 

I'm not sure we should be trying to finish 8th this year. It gets us nowhere. :)

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, peter679 said:

I have lost my trust in Hexy after THIS.. this is his only move??? why bother.. let's just maintain the crappiness they've had.  LOL they can't move G or Jake, they're over paid super under performers.  This team is locked in mediocrity for the forseeable future at best. 

WTH Flyers!

I'll give him the summer to work things out, then if he does next to nothing to improve the team, at that point I'll be in the "Fire Hextall camp.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tampa just sent Streit to Pitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good for him, he can drive there now, and lose in the 2nd round.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tampa just sent Streit to Pitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just goes to show that Hextall is in over his head. 

Now the Flyers get saddled with 5mm of salary next year and Pitt got a solid defender for slim pickings. 

Just now, Bertmega said:

This just goes to show that Hextall is in over his head. 

Now the Flyers get saddled with 5mm of salary next year and Pitt got a solid defender for slim pickings. 

he literally helped Tampa for nothing.... helped them in the salary cap and the expansion and took on an old declining player at 5M.   So confused....

He MUST think Filp can still play at a somewhat high level - which scares me even more.

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

so I guess Hextall really thinks Filp will help this team...   

or he can make him a minor part of a deal in the summer somewhere to bring in a much needed scorer.

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

it is called blind faith... there is a large portion of the fan base that thinks Hextall can do no wrong.

His track record has been consistently ulterior.  

Except for resigning Jake, pretty much every move he's made has been to achieve a goal other than the move for its own sake.  

The weirdest part about today's transactions is just that they don't seem to have any obvious end game to them.  They didn't make the team better and they didn't cut salary.  

So what's at play?   Do you really think Hextall made these deals because they and of themselves make this team better right now?  

I don't.  If it's bind faith it's faith that I don't have all the information.

Just now, murraycraven said:

He MUST think Filp can still play at a somewhat high level - which scares me even more.

That scares me into thinking he may extend this guy. 

I can't wait to see the line juggling the brain trust is going to perform tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

His track record has been consistently ulterior.  

Except for resigning Jake, pretty much every move he's made has been to achieve a goal other than the move for its own sake.  

I'm just trying to figure out how this move makes the flyers achieve any goal.   Can you think of any possibilities?  First, 4th and 7th picks may as well be skittles and French fries...they mean nothing.  Then, he takes a contract that could have been dropped in 20 games, but decides to take on a $5m for an extra season of a player that won't do anything.  I can't figure it out.

Just now, icehole said:

I'm just trying to figure out how this move makes the flyers achieve any goal.   Can you think of any possibilities?  First, 4th and 7th picks may as well be skittles and French fries...they mean nothing.  Then, he takes a contract that could have been dropped in 20 games, but decides to take on a $5m for an extra season of a player that won't do anything.  I can't figure it out.

I guess they have rhe most picks of any club in the upcoming weak draft!???

I don't like the Streit trade, at all.   Yeah, we get some garbage round picks out it, but I don't like the salary coming back unless he's being flipped.   It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Archived