Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

I think Hextall keeps both our goalies. We won't get anything for them anyways.

He'll protect Stolarz for the expansion draft, and then if one of Mason or Neuvirth are selected, Hextall will try and work on an extension with the other who will split time with Stolarz next season. There really isn't any other option in net unless we want to go with Ryan Miller.

We'll just have to bring in another goalie that's under contract for next season

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

I think Hextall keeps both our goalies. We won't get anything for them anyways.

He'll protect Stolarz for the expansion draft, and then if one of Mason or Neuvirth are selected, Hextall will try and work on an extension with the other who will split time with Stolarz next season. There really isn't any other option in net unless we want to go with Ryan Miller.

We'll just have to bring in another goalie that's under contract for next season

They have to expose a goalie under contract. He would need to sign them both to have Vegas take one.

Just now, RJ8812 said:

That's why I said he brings in another goalie 

How does he protect Stolarz if he has no goalie to expose in the draft?

1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

He'll protect Stolarz for the expansion draft, and then if one of Mason or Neuvirth are selected...

They have to expose a goalie under contract. Unless they re-sign Mason and/or Neuvirth before the draft (or get another goalie like, say, Zatkoff on waivers in LA), they have no choice but to expose Stolarz.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

They have to expose a goalie under contract. Unless they re-sign Mason and/or Neuvirth before the draft (or get another goalie like, say, Zatkoff on waivers in LA), they have no choice but to expose Stolarz.

You answered your own question 

1 hour ago, radoran said:

I wonder if they could sign Oullette or how ever you spell it to a two way deal and expose him? He played with Reading and the Phantoms.

Not sure if that is possible to skirt around the issue.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

I'd expect another short term deal for Neuwirth to exist as a vet backup to whoever emerges from the younger guys.  

I don't think they want to go all in on 2 rookies next season.  But I say what the hell?  Can it really be more inconsistent and worse than we've been getting from two "vets" this year?

If they want to go that route--and I'd have no problems with it, they're green, but Stolarz and Lyons are not "YOUNG"--then signing someone like Zatkoff makes sense if he qualifies.  

Just saw that Ron Hainsey was dealt for a 2nd and Danny Kristo. If anything, the Flyers should be able to get 2 2nds for Streit if they play their cards right or maybe a 2nd and a B level prospect. Del Zotto should at least fetch a 2nd. Add those 2nds to the 2 3rds and 2 4ths the Flyers have, they should be able to really load up the farm system. Honestly, if the draft passes and say they have a 1st, 3 2nds, 2 3rds and 2 4ths, I'd be ecstatic because it means adding even more talent to the system or it means Hextall is looking to move up into the first. I know if he gives up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move into the late first, I'd be content with that. Maybe target a team like San Jose or Columbus who have late firsts. Hell, I'd have no problems if Hextall talked with Jim Rutherford in Pittsburgh and made a similar deal. Maybe get that late first and add a guy like Matthew Strome or Shane Bowers. I know some would say moving Del Zotto and Streit means I'm supporting a tank, but what I'm really supporting is the movement to players who will be here long term. The fact that the Flyers could get some very good assets is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So Neuvy is having a baby with Radko's sister so maybe this will keep Neuvy in Philly cheaply...

Michal Neuvirth is going to have a baby with Radko Gudas' sister

...keeps the family together...

http://sonsofpenn.com/michal-neuvirth-is-going-to-have-a-baby-with-radko-gudas-sister/

Chocolate world ! Hershey PA !

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I was trying to figure out where that was in the background. Never been there sounds like a good place to visit..

Chocolate World is free to enter and learn the history of Chocolate. The Park; however, is not free, but pretty awesome and great for little ones. 

I make the trek every year at Christmas time with the Wife, Kids, and Out-Laws

In other news, word on the street is Shattenkirk turned down an extension by the Blues. I wonder who is going to rent him for the playoffs? And does this raise or lower the value of Streit and Del Zotto?

My guess is it will pump their values if a team with assets to spare pounces first and overpays. Paging Jeff Gorton....

55 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

In other news, word on the street is Shattenkirk turned down an extension by the Blues. I wonder who is going to rent him for the playoffs? And does this raise or lower the value of Streit and Del Zotto?

My guess is it will pump their values if a team with assets to spare pounces first and overpays. Paging Jeff Gorton....

I can see Streit going out to LA Flyer West they need depth on the blueline they have two young kids playing out there now with Kevin Gravel and Paul Ladue out there now so i could see this.

Not sure what would come back though.

I wouldn't mind snagging Adrian Kempe from them of course more might have to go that way to get that done.

So i'd take a 2nd and say Alexander Dergachyov ( Center who is 6-5 210) back.

3 hours ago, Bertmega said:

Chocolate World is free to enter and learn the history of Chocolate. The Park; however, is not free, but pretty awesome and great for little ones. 

I make the trek every year at Christmas time with the Wife, Kids, and Out-Laws

There used to be a big Hershey plant outside of Ottawa (Smith Falls). It closed, but the plant is doing a booming business in another field...though maybe selling chocolate there would still work very well.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/tweed-expands-its-grow-operation-as-marijuana-reform-laws-loom

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Voracek and Ghost for Landeskog and a pick. I'd do this in a heartbeat. 

I've no interest in Duchene. 

My concern with Landeskog is the beating his body has taken...he's a very physical player. Plus I think that's overpayment...Ghost isn't as bad as he's looked this year.

33 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Voracek and Ghost for Landeskog and a pick. I'd do this in a heartbeat. 

I've no interest in Duchene. 

Colorado scouts have been at the last few Flyers games. We know they aren't looking for a rental. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ghost is dealt at some point.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Wow after hearing some of the rumors about packages from Isles for Matt Duchene is crazy...I think Flyers just need to sell...

Agreed, get rid of as many UFAs as Hextall can and get draft picks back. I think Giroux is hurt so I hope that they put him on injury reserve for the remainder of the year.

21 hours ago, King Knut said:

I'd expect another short term deal for Neuwirth to exist as a vet backup to whoever emerges from the younger guys.  

I don't think they want to go all in on 2 rookies next season.  But I say what the hell?  Can it really be more inconsistent and worse than we've been getting from two "vets" this year?

If they want to go that route--and I'd have no problems with it, they're green, but Stolarz and Lyons are not "YOUNG"--then signing someone like Zatkoff makes sense if he qualifies.  

Resigning Neuwirth wouldn't be a bad thing considering he won't ask for much compared to Mason.

Flyers apparently scouting the Kings, they were at the Kings-Broons game and also their AHL affiliate game vs. Arizona's farm team. They were also at the Calgary - Tampa, Ottawa - NJ, and Leafs - Jets games over the past week or so.

46 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Flyers apparently scouting the Kings, they were at the Kings-Broons game and also their AHL affiliate game vs. Arizona's farm team. They were also at the Calgary - Tampa, Ottawa - NJ, and Leafs - Jets games over the past week or so.

That's quite an array!  I'm sure the Kings are offering prospects for Streit or MDZ.  Though I can't imagine the Kings are really interested in MDZ.  

They seem to be happy with Budaj so unless something is particularly wrong with Quick and his return is now in question, I wouldn't assume a goalie is involved.

I suppose they could be interested in a forward like Raffl, Weise or Read, but I can't figure why.  It's not impossible. 

I highly doubt they're looking at Jake or G as they just wouldn't appear to have the cap room.

And I just desperately hope Hextall isn't actually considering trading anyone else.

I wouldn't be horribly opposed to trading Schenn or Couturier, but It wouldn't seem to make sense to me as what the team needs most is more effective versions of those guys and if a team had that, they certainly wouldn't trade it for less effective versions.  

Tampa and Ottowa and Calgary are interesting.  My hopes for a Giroux trade to Ottowa may be unrealistic, but I think they're the most realistic trade candidate for GIroux.

I don't know what Tampa is thinking right now with this perennial injury to Stamkos thing.  I'm glad Hextall didn't try to sign him last year.  

Most likely all those teams are interested in a Streit rental.  Possibly Mason or MDZ.  But I doubt it.  

37 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah i said i could see them trading with Flyers West somewhere around here forget which thread....but i said i can see them moving Streit out there with them needing depth on the blue line currently have two rookie in Gravel and Ladue now out there.

Or they could be intersted in MDZ.

They gave up a 1st rounder for Sekera from the Oilers two years ago and that didn't turn out so well...i doubt they get so lucky this time.

Archived