Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

We can still buy.... just not in the traditional sense that we were used to.  I wouldn't mind seeing them go after Duclair depending on the price.  Potential explosive, young, LW.... of course he seems to have fallen flat on his face in terms of development but he is only 21 years old and has has tons of potential.  Arizona has made it known he is available and he could probably use a change of scenery after this year in the desert.  

I really like Duclair. If he can be had for say one of the Flyers prospects and maybe a 3rd, I'd be ok.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bertmega said:

I really like Duclair. If he can be had for say one of the Flyers prospects and maybe a 3rd, I'd be ok.

They still like taking on salary?  MacDonald and a 2nd? They need to replace Pronger's salary coming off the cap lol

8 minutes ago, icehole said:

You're laughing at a team that has been seriously contending for a decade now, and sees the need to add some defense to take it the distance, so they go out and pick up an all star for some nobodys, a late first rounder, and some conditional picks?  Hahahaha...that's funny.

I hope Washington wins the cup.  I think their GM has done a pretty good job and they deserve it by now.

Um if you actually read my original post regarding the Shattenkirk trade, you'd see that I said it was a gross under payment for him. In fact, I did say his cost was a late first; which is basically a second, and a throw-away roster player for a 1a/b defender.

The statement you quoted was ME joking around about how Holmgren treated second rounders like they were radioactive by always disposing of them.

Just now, King Knut said:

Is he a better prospect than the ones we have?  

That depends. From what I have seen he is a speedy sniper that can outright fly. He has some decent size and could be that 1st line left winger or Scottie Upshall 2.0.

If it's say a 3rd and a prospect swap like Weal, I'd be all over it. 

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

Is he a better prospect than the ones we have?  

Yes....

He had 20 Goals, 24 Assists last year, he is 21 years old, and most importantly he is a LW!  This year 41 GP and only 9 points though.  So which year is a fluke?  I'd trade away a mid pick and a mid prospect and maybe a Raffl to find out.  Or MacDonald and a 2nd.... lol

29 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

LOL...here you go....you're welcome!

motivational-posters-funny-13.jpg

Yeah I should of been a little bit more specific. I want to think about hockey trades not cops sucking fat..... Just not something I want to think about. That was funny as fck though so I am laughing now not thinking.

9 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

That depends. From what I have seen he is a speedy sniper that can outright fly. He has some decent size and could be that 1st line left winger or Scottie Upshall 2.0.

If it's say a 3rd and a prospect swap like Weal, I'd be all over it. 

I mean if we're talking Weal that's sorta a no brainer.

Sanheim, Myers, Morin though?  That's who people will want.  

9 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

Yes....

He had 20 Goals, 24 Assists last year, he is 21 years old, and most importantly he is a LW!  This year 41 GP and only 9 points though.  So which year is a fluke?  I'd trade away a mid pick and a mid prospect and maybe a Raffl to find out.  Or MacDonald and a 2nd.... lol

The Drop off is curious, but not impossible to recover from.  

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

Those guys will definitely be the starting point of the discussion.  If it goes down to a Friedman/Alt level and a 2nd or 3rd then I'd do it.

8 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Um if you actually read my original post regarding the Shattenkirk trade, you'd see that I said it was a gross under payment for him. In fact, I did say his cost was a late first; which is basically a second, and a throw-away roster player for a 1a/b defender.

The statement you quoted was ME joking around about how Holmgren treated second rounders like they were radioactive by always disposing of them.

I did see the underpayment statement earlier but I didn't realize that was you.

I'm confused though.  So you're in favor of Holmgen's style?  It looked like you were taking a jab at him, but if Washington underpayed, and you think it was the same sort of move Holmgren would make, that must mean Holmgren did some good things?

Unless your two statements contradict each other...but that's crazy talk. 

14 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I think it is gonna cost one of our "better" prospects honestly.   You would have to move one of the D guys to get a deal done.

True, I am just hoping that John Chayka has a major brain fart, but like @King Knut said, it will probably cost more. 

I'd do Hagg, a 3rd and Weal though.

1 minute ago, Bertmega said:

True, I am just hoping that John Chayka has a major brain fart, but like @King Knut said, it will probably cost more. 

I'd do Hagg, a 3rd and Weal though.

I would take that gamble honestly....    I like Duclair and he is a young guy w/ wheels.   

11 minutes ago, icehole said:

I did see the underpayment statement earlier but I didn't realize that was you.

I'm confused though.  So you're in favor of Holmgen's style?  It looked like you were taking a jab at him, but if Washington underpayed, and you think it was the same sort of move Holmgren would make, that must mean Holmgren did some good things?

Unless your two statements contradict each other...but that's crazy talk. 

My God my brain hurts. The two statements were not correlated what so ever. 

Washington underpaid = very good move for them if they can sign Shattenkirk long term, or win a cup this year

St. Louis may have gotten fleeced = bad for them

*****In other unrelated news to the Shattenkirk trade*****

Holmgren traded away second round picks like it was necessary part of being a GM = bad for the Flyers farm team for many years

I don't think I can simplify this any further.

20 minutes ago, King Knut said:

This definitely would be what AZ would want want, but that doesn't make me feel good. 

Hagg, a 3rd and Weal I think would be my upper limit if I am Hextall

1 minute ago, Bertmega said:

My God my brain hurts. The two statements were not correlated what so ever. 

Washington underpaid = very good move for them if they can sign Shattenkirk long term, or win a cup this year

St. Louis may have gotten fleeced = bad for them

*****In other unrelated news to the Shattenkirk trade*****

Holmgren traded away second round picks like it was necessary part of being a GM = bad for the Flyers farm team for many years

I don't think I can simplify this any further.

This might make your brain explode then.  You might want to simplify it a little more because I'm not even sure you know what you're trying to say.

Bertmega math

Washington gives up picks = good

Holmgren gives up picks = bad

I'm no algebramatician, but my calculator keeps giving me an error message when I type that in.

1 minute ago, icehole said:

This might make your brain explode then.  You might want to simplify it a little more because I'm not even sure you know what you're trying to say.

Bertmega math

Washington gives up picks = good

Holmgren gives up picks = bad

I'm no algebramatician, but my calculator keeps giving me an error message when I type that in.

I'm tapping out of this back and forth. Let's just keep it to the 2017 trade deadline talk, and eliminate Holmgren from the equation. 

Archived