Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

2 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

I'm tapping out of this back and forth. Let's just keep it to the 2017 trade deadline talk, and eliminate Holmgren from the equation. 

Okie dokie. You're a better man than me.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is absolutely no reason to consider buying out Filppula this offseason. If you must exercise a buyout, you buyout MacDonald, because you will almost have to at some point before his contract expires anyway. Filppula is one more year. You can play him for that long. Tampa would have needed to buy him out not because of the NMC, but because they would have serious issues re-signing their young players this offseason. I'd say it's lazy reporting, but it's Seravelli,, which is synonymous.

I mentioned this to Rux in the shoutbox, but I think it has relevance here so I will repeat:   Valteri Filppula is still a pretty good player. He isn't a lock down 2C anymore like he was when TB first got him, but he can still play the position if needed, he will play 3C as well, and he has even adapted to playing wing on any line, including the 1st, too.   Now, his strengths may NOT necessarily match up with what the Flyers need, however. They are superb passing sk

better for this year ?  better for the long term ? Mark Streit's salary is off the books MDZ's salary is off the books, Mason, Neuvirth, Shultz and Gordon. If they do nothing and gain all that salary cap space...  i think they are/can be better. If a deal isn't awesome why make it ? I understand trying to an asset for those guys, but getting rid of those guys is also an asset of sorts too. Alas CBJ isn't going to trade us Brendan Saad for Andrew MacDonald...this is the s

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, icehole said:

m no algebramatician, but my calculator keeps giving me an error message when I type that in.

that is bc you are not a partialdifferentialequationsmatician.... too Jr in your math skills to understand.

Image result for partial differential equations meme

Edited by murraycraven
1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

this one has to be the best one I have seen thus far:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-absolutely-insane-trade-rumor-involving-flyers-star-claude-giroux

yeah...and who is coming to the Flyers from the Habs ....very interesting rumor ....:ermm:

• Like 1
Just now, pilldoc said:

yeah...and who is coming to the Flyers from the Habs ....very interesting rumor ....:ermm:

I was laughing b/c I started reading some of the FB posts and there are people saying it would be for  Carey Price... LOL!

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

I was laughing b/c I started reading some of the FB posts and there are people saying it would be for  Carey Price... LOL!

:lol: yeah....right! :lol:  Reading FB is like reading Eklund!

• Like 1

Streit does not want to be traded I keep hearing. Well Streit your going to be a UFA soon so stop being a selfish pansy and help this team in getting picks for yourself and go with a contender and possibly win a cup before you retire.

33 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I heard the rumour as well. I got a call from one of my scout friends from London last night and the rumour he heard was Giroux, Morin and Neuvirth to Montreal for Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Sergachev and Montoya. He said less than zero chance of this happening, but he did state that he's heard from a few other guys that there's been whispers that the Flyers have been whispering Giroux's name just to see what kind of offer they could get for him. As well, my scout friend mentioned that Sam Morin is going nowhere as Flyers management holds him in very high regard. They feel he's an equalizer to guys like Tom Wilson and feel that his skillset is very underrated. He's being developed to be a defensive stopper, but they also believe that the untapped offensive potential in Morin will come through as he gets a little heavier and more experience with the pro game.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

he is rumored to be "available" but that is all.... nothing more.

So would they take Weal and maybe a pick for Duclair??

I'd do that.

They still have Perlini and Crouse at LW.

58 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

this one has to be the best one I have seen thus far:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-absolutely-insane-trade-rumor-involving-flyers-star-claude-giroux

So this rumor's actually got legs.  I wonder if there's anything at all to it at this point.  This doesn't seem to indicate who would be involved at the Montreal side.  

4 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So this rumor's actually got legs.  I wonder if there's anything at all to it at this point.  This doesn't seem to indicate who would be involved at the Montreal side.  

Legs?    Being a rumor is being a rumor.   Ek makes a living out of it.   As for what BC16 said there is really no chance of this happening....

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

IMHO, it has no legs because the 1st person that reported it was @hockeyyinsiderr.  For those not in the know, he's worse than Eklund.  Eklund at least puts his name on his stuff.  The other dude is an anonymous account.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

IMHO, it has no legs because the 1st person that reported it was @hockeyyinsiderr.  For those not in the know, he's worse than Eklund.  Eklund at least puts his name on his stuff.  The other dude is an anonymous account.  

Completely agree Gaz....    

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Legs?    Being a rumor is being a rumor.   Ek makes a living out of it.   As for what BC16 said there is really no chance of this happening....

I tend to agree. But this ain't Eklund.   I'm just surprised it's still going.  

Frankly I can't imagine what they'd want to give us in return.  None of the rumors are suggesting a return which starts to get fishy.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

You think MOntreal radio got it from HockeyInsiderr?  Not saying one way or another... just seems a bit far fetched.

9 hours ago, Bertmega said:

I guess what I am getting at, is could St. Louis gotten a better deal out of another team, or this seems like the best that the could have done?

Brian Burke would have given up five 1st round draft picks for Shattenkirk.  :eyeroll:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

You think MOntreal radio got it from HockeyInsiderr?  Not saying one way or another... just seems a bit far fetched.

Don't disagree.  But when these fringe outlets report this stuff, I tend to ignore it.  Lotsa of click bait anymore.