Playoff drive injury thread(Current Status in post 1)

nossagog

Penguins Current Injury Status:      Last updated 6/1/17

There are no more current injuries, the ice from the big silver container in the trainers room has great healing power. 

Kris Letang - Last Played 2/21. Done for season. Herniated disc in neck, requires surgery. 

Nick Bonino - LBI. Took Subban slapper on the ankle. Day to day. 

Chad Rhuwedel - UBI. Left game in fist period of game 4. Returned to practice and able to play. 

Justin Shultz - UBI. Left game two round 3. Returned in Round 3 Game 7.

Patric Hornqvist - Unknown.   Last played in Game 2 Round 2. Returned for SCF game 1

Bryan Rust - Unknown(Most likely concussion) Left Game two Round 3. Returned round 3 game 5

Trevor Daley - Last Played 5/6.  LBI still not practicing. Return in Game 3 of Round 3

Carl Hagelin - Unknown.  Missing since game 6 of Caps series. Returned in game 2 round 3

Matt Murray - Last Played vs Devils.   Unknown.  Returned as backup for game 6 of Caps series. 

Sidney Crosby - Last Played 5/1.  In concussion protocol. Returned to lineup 5/6. 

Connor Sheary - Last Played 5/1. In concussion protocol.  Returned to lineup 5/6. 

Carl Haglin - Last Played 3/11. LBI.    Returned to lineup Round 2 game 2. 

Chad Rhuwedel - UBI - Skating with team. Game day decision for round 2 game 1.  Hasn't played but is game eligible

Chris Kunitz - Last Played 3/31.  UBI. Rertuned to lineup for Round 2 game 1.

Evgeni Malkin - Last Played 3/15.  Shoulder. should play this weekend. Returned for Game 1 Round 1. 

Ollie Maatta - Last played 2/16.  Needed surgery on hand on 2/17.  Should return this weekend. Returned 4/9

Tom Sestito - Who really cares but he's on the list. .Returned 4/7

Tevor Daly - Last Played 2/21.  Knee surgery, estimated out 6 weeks. Returned 4/6 

Ron Hainsey -  Last Played 3/15. Week to week. Returned to lineup 3/31.

Jake Guentzel - Last Played 3/21. Left Buffalo game with concussion. Returned to lineup 3/31.

Bryan Rust - Last Played 2/9.   Day to Day. Returned to lineup 3/24

Patric Hornqvist - Last Played 3/4. Concussion.  Skating with team. Returned vs Devils 3/17

Matt Cullen - Last Played 3/8.  Unknown late scratch on 3/10. Returned 3/15

Nick Shultz - Last Played 2/16. Concussion Protocal.  Returned to play 2/25.

Nick Bonino - Last Played 2/19. Illness,  Returned to play 2/25

Evgeni Malkin - Last Played 1/24. Day to Day.  Returned to lineup 2/14

Carl Hagelin - Last Played 2/4.   Returned to lineup, 2/19.

Connor Sheary - Last Played 1/31. Skating again. Returned 3/2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Sheary skating after two weeks might be a sign that he will return earlier than the 4-6 weeks?

I think it was on his own with the conditioning coach, not with the team.  They are so secretive with injuries, you never know though.  For someone down for more than a week and come back to no contact, they usually take a week after then can get back into contact drills.   So the 28th sounds reasonable. 

No word yet after the game,  but the Pens may have lost both Justin Shultz and Ollie Maatta in the Jets game.  

Shultz was injured when he pulled up to delay on a line change along the boards and Byfuglin   pushed him high from behind which drove his head into the boards.  Kind of whiplashed his head, probably a concussion.  Too bad as he's having a great season.

19 hours ago, nossagog said:

No word yet after the game,  but the Pens may have lost both Justin Shultz and Ollie Maatta in the Jets game.  

Shultz was injured when he pulled up to delay on a line change along the boards and Byfuglin   pushed him high from behind which drove his head into the boards.  Kind of whiplashed his head, probably a concussion.  Too bad as he's having a great season.

I don't know if you could call that a love tap?! It seemed as if he wanted to injure him accidentally on purpose.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, notfondajane said:

I don't know if you could call that a love tap?! It seemed as if he wanted to injure him accidentally on purpose.

Well my problem with the hit is Byfuglin gets both hands up into Shultz's back, and sends him face first into the boards. The bounce of his head against the glass is just scary.

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

Good I never in a fantasy league! 

It's a good place to start with little time commitment.  We'll also do the Fantasy Playoffs too again this spring. 

Just watching NHL network who has coverage for the stadium series live.   Just saw both Bonino and Letang on the ice, and word is Shultz should be ready to go. 

Edit:  Shultz on the ice also, regular jersey.

Letang is now considered longer term.  As per team site:

Defenseman Kris Letang, who missed practice, has missed the past 4 games with an upper-body injury. He had been listed as day-to-day, though Sullivan updated that status.

"It's more complicated," Sullivan said. "I wouldn't say he's day-to-day at this point, but we're hopeful that it's nothing long-term."

What does that mean??

Other news:

Dumo did not practice today after leaving Friday's game early.  No news on him for tomorrow.  

Welcome back Mr.s Sheary,  returned to the lineup against the Bolts on Friday. 

18 hours ago, nossagog said:

Letang is now considered longer term.  As per team site:

What does that mean??

Other news:

Dumo did not practice today after leaving Friday's game early.  No news on him for tomorrow.  

Welcome back Mr.s Sheary,  returned to the lineup against the Bolts on Friday. 

I hate to even think it but....

UBI + "Day to Day" x "Complicated" / "Hoping Not Long Term" = Concussion

4 hours ago, B21 said:

I hate to even think it but....

UBI + "Day to Day" x "Complicated" / "Hoping Not Long Term" = Concussion

I thought he was listed with a Lower Body Injury at first.  I'll need to look back and see what the "offiical" term is. 

18 hours ago, nossagog said:

I thought he was listed with a Lower Body Injury at first.  I'll need to look back and see what the "offiical" term is. 

I checked a couple articles - it's definitely UBI.  From Satruday's Trib...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/12016359-74/team-penguins-letang

"Out with an upper-body injury, Letang hasn't played since Feb. 21 and hasn't practiced with the team since taking part on a limited basis in an outdoor skate Feb. 24, the day before the Stadium Series game with the Flyers at Heinz Field."

Archived