Playoff drive injury thread(Current Status in post 1)

nossagog

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archibald, Sundqvist and Warsofsky have been reassigned to WBS.    Not sure if they are calling anyone else up at this point, but could mean a few healthy bodies back for Friday's game against the Rangers. 

17 hours ago, nossagog said:

Word is that Josh Archibald is being recalled as Chris Kunitz may be the next penguin down. Sigh. 

Is there an end to this garbage? There is a reason why a player goes down as another returns? 

1 hour ago, GENO said:

Kunitz is the worst this is a blessing

Yes, there are many whom would describe this as addition by subtraction.  He actually started to fit in when he was demoted down to the fourth line and PK.   But then with all the injuries, up he popped.

By the way, welcome to the boards Geno.  

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Does Malkin return before the playoffs? 

At this point, who knows Rux.  Teams are soooo secretive with their injury information.    He was having issues before he blocked the shot, so that couldn't help. But at the moment, looking at practice reports, he's not skating with the team yet.   That would tend to put him at least a week out at the earliest.  

I'd love to see him, Daly, Maatta and Letang and Hagelin get a game or two in prior to the playoffs, but at this point I just want to see them in practice.  Got to be a killer for playoff fantasy drafts, with the injuries, they could be one and done if those guys never get back. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Letang to have surgery and be out 4-6 months with Herniated disk in his neck.

Dear lord they can't catch a break.  They're falling like flies..or Penguins.

a7xD8DGSgj-12.png

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Dear lord they can't catch a break.  They're falling like flies..or Penguins.

a7xD8DGSgj-12.png

It's been like three years of this ****.  Sigh.  The good news is that everyone else except for Kunitz are skating are on the three game trip to end the year. 

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

It's been like three years of this ****.  Sigh.  The good news is that everyone else except for Kunitz are skating are on the three game trip to end the year. 

Got to figure that Kunitz NOT skating is a good thing, right? 

Actually, I think he's been good on the fourth line. So long as injuries don't force him up roster he's decent there. 

You know, seriously and this is honestly not to throw stones. It's not bad luck. You have some very good (great) players who also happen to be brittle players. Each for varying reasons, which makes the statement almost unfair, but it's true. 

Both Malkin and Maatta skating today with full contact jerseys.  Both hope to play at least one of the games this weekend.   

Carl Hagelin skated by himself prior to practice.  No word yet on his return. 

Sigh, Penguins have recalled Kevin Porter and Tristan Jarry from the  Baby Pens. Murray did not participate in the morning skate.   I hope this does not mean that Murray was injured in the last game.    

On 4/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, nossagog said:

Sigh, Penguins have recalled Kevin Porter and Tristan Jarry from the  Baby Pens. Murray did not participate in the morning skate.   I hope this does not mean that Murray was injured in the last game.    

Just resting the regulars. :) Though Jarry looked good in his debut.

10 hours ago, B21 said:

Just resting the regulars. :) Though Jarry looked good in his debut.

Yeah, I'm hoping so, but with the Pens sending players back down to the Baby Pens today, Jarry was not one of them.    Murray went down a little awkward in his last game, I hope its nothing. 

Both Chris Kunitz and Chad Ruhwedel are skating with the team in normal jersey's again.   Coach Sullivan has listed them both as game day decisions for the opening game of round 2.  

Ruhwedel provides some depth on the blue line, but probably would not be in the lineup anyway. 

Kunitz would provide a little more of a physical presence in a lineup that rely's on speed.  Would probably bump out Rowney from the fourth line. 

Hagelin still not taking contact, but is expected to be back during this series. 

Archived