Playoff drive injury thread(Current Status in post 1)

nossagog

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May as well add Justin Shultz to the list now.  Looks like a shoulder injury.    If he's out and Daley is not ready, I think that they may need to put in Streit to play the point on the Power Play.  Not sure if they put Pouliot in. 

Rust looked like he took it pretty high from Phanauf, probably concussed. 

30 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Well I went ahead and added Rhuwedel to the list, took a stick in the face then a hard hit tonight.   Probably concussed. 

yep

Whatever happens, you Pens fans should be proud. Was arguing with some co-workers today, they thought Guentzel was a product of playing with stars and I strongly disagree. The kid is legit, in fact, he's so talented that he actually makes those around him better, the stuff that makes stars. No doubt, playing with Sid has helped the stats, but man oh man, that kid has some great hands and real strong hockey sense and vision.  An amazing signing by Rutherford. Can't say enough about how great of a talent evaluator Rutherford is, he will ALWAYS have the Pens in the mix. Easily a top 5 GM in this league, easy.

I have mentioned this before, but the whole Justin Schultz deal with Edmonton was literally highway robbery. Justin had hardly any points (not good for an offensive d-man, even if he is young, especially when he's on the top pp) and was a horrific -23 with Edmonton last year. Jimmy Rutherford saw something, he knew Justin needed a change of scenery and somehow saw that Schultz would fit perfectly in the Pens system. Anyone could have had him for dirt cheap, but Jimmy was ahead of his GM peers. One year later, he totally reverses the stat and is +23, holy crap on a cracker that is amazing.

Edmonton had *better* hope that this kid, picked with the 3rd round 91st overall pick (gleaned from the Schultz deal) contribues LARGE....good luck with that....

3. Filip Berglund (91st), May 10, 1997, Skelleftea, Sweden

Defence, six-foot-three, 209 pounds, shoots right, Skelleftea under 20s. Pick acquired in the Justin Schultz trade to Pittsburgh

Green: “He went throughout the draft once when he was hurt, big right-hand shot, put up good numbers this year in the Swedish junior league. We feel he has upside in his puck-moving ability.”

The part that REALLY makes me laugh, the Penguins got the Oilers to actually pay half his salary this past year, if that ain't rubbing salt in the wound, I don't know what is!!

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I have mentioned this before, but the whole Justin Schultz deal with Edmonton was literally highway robbery. Justin had hardly any points (not good for an offensive d-man, even if he is young, especially when he's on the top pp) and was a horrific -23 with Edmonton last year. Jimmy Rutherford saw something, he knew Justin needed a change of scenery and somehow saw that Schultz would fit perfectly in the Pens system. Anyone could have had him for dirt cheap, but Jimmy was ahead of his GM peers. One year later, he totally reverses the stat and is +23, holy crap on a cracker that is amazing.

Edmonton had *better* hope that this kid, picked with the 3rd round 91st overall pick (gleaned from the Schultz deal) contribues LARGE....good luck with that....

3. Filip Berglund (91st), May 10, 1997, Skelleftea, Sweden

Defence, six-foot-three, 209 pounds, shoots right, Skelleftea under 20s. Pick acquired in the Justin Schultz trade to Pittsburgh

Green: “He went throughout the draft once when he was hurt, big right-hand shot, put up good numbers this year in the Swedish junior league. We feel he has upside in his puck-moving ability.”

The part that REALLY makes me laugh, the Penguins got the Oilers to actually pay half his salary this past year, if that ain't rubbing salt in the wound, I don't know what is!!

Pretty much the example of a player needing a change of scenery.   But I think the thing is that too much was expected of him in Edmonton.  They expected him to be THE offensive defensive man to lead the way.   It's much like the Kessel story with him coming here.   Two players who had huge expectations heaped on them on their old teams, and come to new teams where they're not the top guns and can just fit in and play the game.  

7 hours ago, nossagog said:

Yes I believe so, anyone playing 40 games during regular season or one Finals game.   He played 41 games.

Thanks! I would highly dislike it if it wasn't there if I were Letang.  

Final injuries:

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pens-disclose-injuries/c-289947674

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1317290-pens-cole-played-through-broken-hand-ribs

Bonino broken leg,

Hagelin's  broken fibula did not heal correctly

Shult'z played with broken ribs

Cole  played with broken ribs

Hornqvist had broken fingers

Dumolin was playing with an injured hand

Murray missed the beginning of the playoffs with a torn hamstring(still think that happened with three games left)

Ian Cole broken ribs and broken hand

1 minute ago, nossagog said:

Final injuries:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1317290-pens-cole-played-through-broken-hand-ribs

Bonino broken leg,

Murray missed the beginning of the playoffs with a torn hamstring(still think that happened with three games left)

cut.jpg

On 5/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, Samifan said:

Should the Pens include Doc Emrick on their injury report? :ph34r:

Paper cuts turning the pages of Webster's Dictionary don't count.

9 hours ago, nossagog said:

Final injuries:

Bonino broken leg,

I knew it was bad but....yikes.

31 minutes ago, B21 said:

I knew it was bad but....yikes.

Yeah I was watching a baseball game a month ago and Edinson Volquez was pitching for the Marlins and left because of a blister. God I love Hockey.

Archived