Game 58: Flyers at Oilers; 2/16 @ 9:00

Howie58

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well, we give up the first (as usual) within 2 minutes.  Wonderful. 

I thought it might get called back: Letestu's back foot was in the air. Either way, it was a goal Neuvirth would like back.

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

So the plane of the Blue line is now a rule ??? .... Before the rule is actually in the rulebooks?

What can I say? I've seen that call made. We've all seen rulings which were absolutely asinine. You can take the league out of the bush, but you can't take the bush out of the league.

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Didn't Lucic get fined a few years back for spearing someone in the nuts (just like he did to Manning)?

Good memory...

Lucic was assessed a $5,000 fine by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety Saturday for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser at 19:55 of the second period in the Bruins’ 1-0 loss to the Red Wings in Game 1 of their playoff series Friday night. He had a telephone hearing Saturday morning, and will not be suspended.

“Obviously, kind of heat-of-the-moment thing when you’re not thinking and you do something like that,” Lucic said. “I’ve been in the league for seven years now. I think I’ve only done that three times. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/04/19/milan-lucic-fined-for-spearing-incident-will-not-suspended/pMbNigPksLDaK5Aw5kS4oL/story.html

Wait a second, Clement just said -- " not the matchup you want against McDavid vs Couturier or Bellemare"  Aren't they our best defensive centers?    what kind of a statement is that?

really feel like i'm finished with this team. no heart, no fight. maroon is a ****** *****. once we go down a goal you know it's over. 30+ years i've never felt this pessimistic. i don't even want to watch anymore.

Clement and Therien are just brutal.  Flyers have been getting punked all night by the Oilers and have done nothing about it.  Pretty thorough beating in all areas tonight.

Archived