Game 58: Flyers at Oilers; 2/16 @ 9:00

Howie58

I took a walk at the right time and missed the 3rd and 4th goals.  Now we are flubbing a power play.  Having Coots and Read on PP...yikes.... 

Toe Blake, Fred Shero, George Patton...wouldn't matter. Something is really awful.  God...I said it before...I got the '06-'07 squad...they were bad on paper and on the ice.  This group should be better. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

.I got the '06-'07 squad...they were bad on paper and on the ice.  This group should be better. 

I've got news for ya. Outside of their top line, I'm not sure this team is any better than that one.

I'm surprised we beat this team at home earlier in the season.  The Flyers just don't have the team speed to keep up with a team like Edmonton.  No one in the league has the speed to keep up with McDavid.  That kid can absolutely fly and the ability to harness world class skill plays while moving that fast is really something to watch.  Thank goodness he plays in the West.  

The Flyers scored 3 GOALS in ONE game!!!

One of them was a POWER PLAY GOAL!!!

The Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

What a huge victory for the Flyers. The whole team should feel proud. The Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

on a side note, BSchenn ... how that guy leads the league in PP goals is just mystifying to me. He played one of the worst 2 periods I've ever seen him play (turned it off after 2) and he still ends up with a PP goal - (actually a very nice redirect).

So I say celebrate - the Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

4 hours ago, canoli said:

The Flyers scored 3 GOALS in ONE game!!!

One of them was a POWER PLAY GOAL!!!

The Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

What a huge victory for the Flyers. The whole team should feel proud. The Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

on a side note, BSchenn ... how that guy leads the league in PP goals is just mystifying to me. He played one of the worst 2 periods I've ever seen him play (turned it off after 2) and he still ends up with a PP goal - (actually a very nice redirect).

So I say celebrate - the Flyers scored THREE GOALS!!!

I'm celebrating for 36 shots!  They peppered Edmonton. 

It's pretty bad when you're criticizing one of the only productive players on the team.  The guy has 37 points which is 21 points more than someone he gets paid less than.  He had a goal and an assist which is more than anyone else on the team had.  He may not have had a great game, but it was better than every one of his teammates.

1 hour ago, icehole said:

He may not have had a great game, but it was better than every one of his teammates.

hardly. He made a great play on the redirection but thru 2 he was one of the worst Flyers out there. Maybe he was great in the 3rd idk i only saw the highlights of the goals after 2.

A goal and an assist might normally erase all his TOs and general fumbling with the puck if the Flyers had, ya know, won the game.

Archived