Fun

blocker

Tomorrow, one of my grandsons plays an important game at 1:00 PM.  His older  brother has a playoff game at the same rink at 4:00 PM. The rink is only an hour away from me.  All my kids will be there.  The father of the players will host my other son who will fly in for the games.  I've only been able to watch the older grandson on TV or the computer this year.   His games are too far away for me.  But, luck dictates that his playoffs begin nearby.

I can't wait.  I'm wicked proud of both of them.  And, I know and like their teammates.

It's going to be a blast.

I have no doubt you're going to have a blast.

I'll share a bit of a personal story from my own experiences. One of my first cousins has a son that plays soccer for one of the local high schools, and in their first round playoff game this year, he scored four goals. Since I was there as a member of the media, I really wasn't in a position to cheer or anything, but you can be sure I was proud of him. There's nothing like getting to watch family in something like that. I hope things are so memorable for you.

• 6 months later...

Archived