Stadium series to be engineering marvel

mojo1917

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA1290:1:US

So the weather forecast for this weekend's big outdoor game is not very "ice friendly"...

Does the NHL still try to make it work despite near 60 degree temperatures and rain in the forecast ?  

Do they move the game inside to Consol ?

It seems like the game on good ice won't be very competitive the way the Flyers are playing does the NHL want to add 45 minutes of soupy ice to a "showcase" event ?

20 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Why do they always take something unique and shove it down your throat until it just isn't anymore?

Could not agree more FC...   I literally have no enthusiasm for this game.   Too many of these games to make it special anymore...

42 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I thought it was only once a year?

I'm guessing that it's one of the few games that draw 60,000 plus per game!

Ya...it's only once a year....this is the 4th one this season....so far! Heritage Classic/Winter Classic/ Centennial Classic/Stadium Series...

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya...it's only once a year....this is the 4th one this season....so far! Heritage Classic/Winter Classic/ Centennial Classic/Stadium Series...

I feel the same as you and most people here! If the N.N.H.L could 60000 plus a game, why not do it? 

Unfortunately money talks! 

24 minutes ago, nossagog said:

In the end, it was pretty good weather for the game.   Cold, a little snow and a bit of wind.  Outdoor hockey.

Yes, Pierre reminded us all about the wind every 3 minutes.  :bonkingheadonwall:

Archived