You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

mojo1917

Stadium series to be engineering marvel

Hidden Content

So the weather forecast for this weekend's big outdoor game is not very "ice friendly"...

Does the NHL still try to make it work despite near 60 degree temperatures and rain in the forecast ?  

Do they move the game inside to Consol ?

It seems like the game on good ice won't be very competitive the way the Flyers are playing does the NHL want to add 45 minutes of soupy ice to a "showcase" event ?

If they move the game indoors what do you do with the extra ticket sales especially if these people are from out of town? 

Why do they always take something unique and shove it down your throat until it just isn't anymore?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Why do they always take something unique and shove it down your throat until it just isn't anymore?

Could not agree more FC...   I literally have no enthusiasm for this game.   Too many of these games to make it special anymore...

• Like 1

I thought it was only once a year?

I'm guessing that it's one of the few games that draw 60,000 plus per game!

42 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I thought it was only once a year?

I'm guessing that it's one of the few games that draw 60,000 plus per game!

Ya...it's only once a year....this is the 4th one this season....so far! Heritage Classic/Winter Classic/ Centennial Classic/Stadium Series...

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya...it's only once a year....this is the 4th one this season....so far! Heritage Classic/Winter Classic/ Centennial Classic/Stadium Series...

I feel the same as you and most people here! If the N.N.H.L could 60000 plus a game, why not do it? 

Unfortunately money talks! 

Would really hate to see a player get hurt if Bettman forces them to play in an unsafe environment. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

When did Boston host an out door game? Any eastern Canadian city also?

Boston hosted the 2nd Winter Classic against the Flyers at Fenway in 2010.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

Boston hosted the 2nd Winter Classic against the Flyers at Fenway in 2010.

Thanks! I forgot that one.

In the end, it was pretty good weather for the game.   Cold, a little snow and a bit of wind.  Outdoor hockey.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nossagog said:

In the end, it was pretty good weather for the game.   Cold, a little snow and a bit of wind.  Outdoor hockey.

Yes, Pierre reminded us all about the wind every 3 minutes.  :bonkingheadonwall:

On a related note about this game I received 2 hours overtime because of the game! Lots of Flyer fans stopped in to eat!