• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hf101 said:

What happened to this Giroux

Like I posted in another thread ...

It was long ago and it was far away
And it was so much better than it is today

(Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf)

Gostisbehere's first goal since NOVEMBER 25th

if the NBC stat guys are correct...and it sounds about right. The last few games he's been looking better, more like the Gost of last year with confidence and some purpose out there. Nice to see him get a big PP goal tonight.

21 minutes ago, canoli said:

Gostisbehere's first goal since NOVEMBER 25th

if the NBC stat guys are correct...and it sounds about right. The last few games he's been looking better, more like the Gost of last year with confidence and some purpose out there. Nice to see him get a big PP goal tonight.

Wow.  I wish I had optimism like you.  I like to focus on how pathetic the team i used to love is while you're concentrating on a meaningless goal in a lackluster performance by a terribly boring team.  Good for you man...enjoy.

As expected, another great one.  Decided to go to my brother's house for the game.  He lost power so we rushed back to my house before the game started.  I thought it would be a stinker, but to my surprise, the flyers scored two goals!  I can't tell you how thrilled I am.  Okie dokie...I'm gonna go bang my wife now because I'm so excited.  Goodnight.

2 minutes ago, icehole said:

Wow.  I wish I had optimism like you.  I like to focus on how pathetic the team i used to love is while you're concentrating on a meaningless goal in a lackluster performance by a terribly boring team.  Good for you man...enjoy.

That may be true ...but sometimes if a player is in a deep rut..sometimes they need a goal like that just to get some confidence back.  That goal in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing...except something the player can build on.  No one is saying it erases the horrible year he is having.  Its like your leading slugger on a baseball team who  has gone 20+ games without a HR.  He finally gets a dinger.  Now maybe he can build on that at hopefully isn't pressing anymore.  Same with Ghost, he has had an incredibly bad season....Maybe this one goal he can take small steps to get back to the level he was at last year.  That is all.  No more, No less.

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

True, he just doesn't have the same attitude.  

Yep, and it got worse when Hartnell was traded away... It was like his two best are gone, now he cannot function anymore

32 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

He also misses Jagr ....BADLY!!!!!!

Yes, he does...and back when he had that great series against Pittsburgh, there were 3 guys you could name as captain on the hockey team, Jagr, Timonen,and Briere. He could play a little more loose. 

Hhhhmm, would love to have any consistency with the goaltending but seemingly it wont happen this year. 

Weal and Cousins on PP2 where Rafl and Read (former 20 goal scorers) sitting on the bench?  Whatever.  Just debating between those players proves the Flyers current lack of depth.  I did like Couturier in front of the net though.  At least he is a bigger body than Cousins.

Streit showed some nice moves in the first.  Good thing as maybe he showcased enough for a 2nd rounder and not a conditional 2nd. Last game as a Flyer?

Nice to see a Flyer score a goal from a shot.  Not a rebound or deflection or scramble but a shot on net...speaking of which nice movement on the first PP but I think they missed the net 4 consecutive times I believe.

Any chance Weise can become a defenseman?  What a complete waste. 

I still liked those jerseys.

Enough random thoughts for tonight.  Thank goodness there is only 21 games or so left this season. 

Perhaps I should have tuned into the Phantoms instead?

The pattern of winning faceoffs and shooting more also continued.  Again--offensive ineptitude. Pittsburgh scored off a face-off and two of their goals were from lateral movement.  Yes, we shoot...but type of shot and from where matters.  

Honestly, who the **** cares anymore...  This team is a listless bunch of soft hockey players....

Let me know if they find a heart bc this **** ain't working.   

Time is yours Hexy....   Keeping Comcast alive by selling hope and patience.   At least Snider would have been on a warpath and truly wanted to win.

This team is a joke....  

Archived