Bishop traded to the Kings

hf101

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But isnt it sort of like in football having two QBs going at it?

Yeah, to an extent, but both of these guys have a fairly recent injury history. So think of it as two very good veteran goalies who are insurance policies for the other.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah, to an extent, but both of these guys have a fairly recent injury history. So think of it as two very good veteran goalies who are insurance policies for the other.

Pretty much this ^^^^^^

The move of Bishop to LA is still a bit strange seeing as how LA is fully behind Jonathan Quick, and if Quick is healthy, it means a number one goalie (Bishop) will be sitting during the playoffs....assuming LA gets in that is.

Obviously, Bishop, for whatever reason has not played like a number one this year, but damn, the man was a Vezina type candidate just last year and had been playing very well leading up to that too.

Either way, Quick is STILL the man in LA and Bishop is there for insurance.

I am pretty sure Big Ben will be finding a new team during the off season where he will be featured as the number one goalie.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Pretty much this ^^^^^^

The move of Bishop to LA is still a bit strange seeing as how LA is fully behind Jonathan Quick, and if Quick is healthy, it means a number one goalie (Bishop) will be sitting during the playoffs....assuming LA gets in that is.

Obviously, Bishop, for whatever reason has not played like a number one this year, but damn, the man was a Vezina type candidate just last year and had been playing very well leading up to that too.

Either way, Quick is STILL the man in LA and Bishop is there for insurance.

I am pretty sure Big Ben will be finding a new team during the off season where he will be featured as the number one goalie.

Yes, and I think the Flyers will or at least SHOULD be in contact with Bishop's agent in the off-season. There is little doubt in my mind they'll be looking to move Mason.

• 2 months later...

Archived