Vanek to Florida

ezlot76

While I didnt want a rental I'll take this deal. Didnt want to part with future but for a third and McIlrath, who'll probably not play for this coach, Thats an acceptable price. Plus Detroit eating some salary. I figure we finally won a deal here. Had to be Tallon behind this one

I can tell ya from watching Vanek that he has rediscovered his love of the game and while he may never again be a dominating point a game forward again he is a very nice player, his stick is always on the ice looking to make a play at both ends, a great pickup for the Cats at bargain pricing.

Panthers did ok with the Vanek acquisition.

They are trying to make some noise in the post season and Vanek, I guess, can help them there.

I am not a big Vanek fan as you guys may have surmised, but he did seem to retool himself while with the Wings.

Still though, and I know not many here think much of him, I just wonder if McIlrath, whom the Panthers traded away, could yet turn into the mean, nasty solid defender I think he can be.

He is a project yes, but also very young still...oh, and the 3rd rounder the Panthers gave up too...

At any rate, Florida has some guys whom they feel they can win with now...and Luongo isn't getting any younger, so Vanek could be helpful.

If not, he is a UFA and Florida can just let him see himself out the door afterwards.

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Panthers did ok with the Vanek acquisition.

They are trying to make some noise in the post season and Vanek, I guess, can help them there.

I am not a big Vanek fan as you guys may have surmised, but he did seem to retool himself while with the Wings.

Still though, and I know not many here think much of him, I just wonder if McIlrath, whom the Panthers traded away, could yet turn into the mean, nasty solid defender I think he can be.

He is a project yes, but also very young still...oh, and the 3rd rounder the Panthers gave up too...

At any rate, Florida has some guys whom they feel they can win with now...and Luongo isn't getting any younger, so Vanek could be helpful.

If not, he is a UFA and Florida can just let him see himself out the door afterwards.

I actually like McIlrath, and think he might turn into a very useful, nasty dman to play against. However, under this regime at least, hes not going to get a chance to play. Not exactly a "numbers" guy this regime uses. Like to still have the 3rd(possibly 2 of them if make playoffs) but to get Vanek and help us for the push, and a step up to possibly get him signed for future, this is acceptable. I didnt want to mortgage future for anyone this yr, and we didnt really, so Im good

Archived