Hands of Scone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
13 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

It went dark.

Until Coots this year was unmasked, as a secret scoring centermen, who is privy to firstline minutes.

I'm not sure it's such a surprise. I think that was his billing the whole time. He was never given the assignment in part because of Giroux and in part because he's such a sound defensive player.

For all his questionable offensive numbers so far in his career, his defensive positioning and ability to break up opposing plays has been apparent ever since he shutdown Malkin like a boss in the playoffs some years ago. Given the unfortunate defensive corps we've had over the last 5ish years, I think it becomes easy for coaches to deploy a guy like him in a primarily defensive role. It's hard to put up points when you're running the third line and getting almost entirely defensive starts.

That said, it's still very early in the season now. I'm personally tempering my expectations a little for the time being. Not that I don't want him to be that guy, I just need to see more than six games before I jump on the bandwagon. It's no coincidence that Giroux seems like an elite player reborn so far. The two clearly go hand-in-hand. Voracek remains the tricky one to gauge for me, but he's been playing well with his new centerman to start the season, so I'll take it.

Unlike some others here though, I've always thought quite highly of the original Hands of Scone. Maybe my lack of surprise stems in part from that.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Did someone say scones????

DNTizYkWAAAjAw7.jpg

:smileyandcomputer:

Getting tired of saying it, but at this point in the proceedings it 's the gospel truth: trade this bum, his value will NEVER be higher!

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Getting tired of saying it, but at this point in the proceedings it 's the gospel truth: trade this bum, his value will NEVER be higher!

More bad newz..........

DNVHlodWsAA8kw6.jpg:large

Trade them all while wecan!!!!!!

Archived