Today in Flyers History....

Hey i figured we needed a new topic we could add to so no better one to start if then this..

Sadly this was before my time following the Flyers didn't get into it till the Lindros era (another story for another time) but feel free all you folks who did to share thanks and...

GO FLYERS!!!!!

• Like 1

• hf101 pinned this topic
On 3/6/2017 at 8:08 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Hey i figured we needed a new topic we could add to so no better one to start if then this..

Sadly this was before my time following the Flyers didn't get into it till the Lindros era (another story for another time) but feel free all you folks who did to share thanks and...

GO FLYERS!!!!!

He was my favorite player growing up and my Howe #2 jersey was the first jersey I ever had (given to me for my 10th B-day).  I tried to squeeze into it for the number retirement game but it was (shockingly) too small.  I ended up using safety pins to pin it to one of my current jerseys that fit so that I could wear #2 for one last time.  While I looked ridiculous it was my way of honoring Howe on that night.    

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

He was my favorite player growing up and my Howe #2 jersey was the first jersey I ever had (given to me for my 10th B-day).  I tried to squeeze into it for the number retirement game but it was (shockingly) too small.  I ended up using safety pins to pin it to one of my current jerseys that fit so that I could wear #2 for one last time.  While I looked ridiculous it was my way of honoring Howe on that night.    

Pics or it didn't happen!!

• 2 weeks later...

March 18 in Flyers History......

1971 - Looks like they beat the stinkin' Rangers 2-1 at the Spectrum, so that's something

1994 - Flyers acquire that man-beast Rob DiMaio from Tampa for Jim Cummins and a the Flyers' 4th rounder in 1995

1995 - Eric Lindros notches a Hat Trick with OT GW against the Panthers and long time Flyer-killer / future Flyer (killer) John Vanbiesbrouck

2011 - Richards and Carter were presumably really hung over at practice

2012 - Scott Hartnell stays up long enough to score with 1 second left in OT to beat the Penguins. Out. Freakin'. Standing.

Today in Flyers history in 2003 Patrick Sharp was called up to the big club for the first time.  Too bad he sucked so bad and was traded, he may have actually been a good player...oh wait!  :ph34r:

Also on this banner day we traded for Dave Babych (3rd rounder) and Dan McGillis (Janne Niinimaa)

Edited by Poulin20

• 1 month later...

Today in Flyers history, in 1980, Bob "The Count" Dailey had five points, tying a Flyers record, to lead the Flyers past the Minnesota North Stars in Game Two of the Stanley Cup Semifinals.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Today in Flyers history, in 1980, Bob "The Count" Dailey had five points, tying a Flyers record, to lead the Flyers past the Minnesota North Stars in Game Two of the Stanley Cup Semifinals.

UGGH...

.:sick:

Seventeen years ago today in Flyers history, game 4 of the 2000 Eastern Conference Semifinals began against Pittsburgh.

Seventeen years ago tomorrow, it ended. At 152 minutes and one second, Keith Primeau scored to tie the series at two, ending the longest game in post-expansion NHL history, and third longest overall. The Flyers would then go on to win the next two games and advance to the ECF.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Seventeen years ago today in Flyers history, game 4 of the 2000 Eastern Conference Semifinals began against Pittsburgh.

Seventeen years ago tomorrow, it ended. At 152 minutes and one second, Keith Primeau scored to tie the series at two, ending the longest game in post-expansion NHL history, and third longest overall. The Flyers would then go on to win the next two games and advance to the ECF.

What a game that was. I'll never forget just go back from a concert (had set up the DVR the game while i was there) in Charleston at the Farm walked in the house turned on the TV only to see the GWer 5 minutes later....OMFG!!!! 

I couldn't sleep the rest of the night!

Today in Flyer history Flyers lose opening game of Eastern conference finals to Bolts 3-1...

.....the Mattias Timander pylon game!!!!! Yikes!

Man if only Rico was healthy.......thanks JR!

Edited by OccamsRazor

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Today in 2010 Flyers sent Montreal packing to head to the Stanley Cup finals...

...what a good series!

I was there in the building and loved every minute of it!!

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

I was there in the building and loved every minute of it!!

Sweet. I hope i get to see one before i check out. It is got to be getting close to getting there to see it! Bring it home Ron.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sweet. I hope i get to see one before i check out. It is got to be getting close to getting there to see it! Bring it home Ron.

You and me both.  When I finished drying my eyes as an 11 year old after watching them lose game 7 of the '87 SCF I took heart as I was sure it was soon their turn

to win.  I would have never imagined that as a 41 year old I am sitting here with grey hairs still starving for a championship.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 9:34 AM, Samifan said:

Love it....:poke:

Last night was a repeat performance of the 75 finals and how the games went.  Buffalo, a 5 year expansion team at the time, dominated play yet could not beat Parent.  Same thing happened last night but it was less great goaltending but still they did not have a shot on goal for a long time.   Hockey is a game of luck in many ways. Out shooting and out skating a team and out playing them does not always mean you will win. 

57 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Last night was a repeat performance of the 75 finals and how the games went.  Buffalo, a 5 year expansion team at the time, dominated play yet could not beat Parent.  Same thing happened last night but it was less great goaltending but still they did not have a shot on goal for a long time.   Hockey is a game of luck in many ways. Out shooting and out skating a team and out playing them does not always mean you will win. 

Then we should expect a fog halfway through the game, a bat to pause the game, and Roger Crozier to start for the Preds tomorrow?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

@Hockey Junkie Is this your first post since the Blues choked and **** the bed again?

Always good hearing from you :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You are alive!!!  You are alive!!!  ...Good to see you back...... :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today in Flyer history 2010 Flyers sent Ryan Parent back to Nashville and a conditional draft pick for the rights to Dan Hamhuis.

Ans as we all know that didn't work because there was even word Dan wanted to go back home to Vancouver stupid Homer!

:rage: