Today in Flyers History....

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If we're sending FOUR players I'm sending FOUR 2nd rounders...I learned from the best!

That is what i'm talking about that sounds like a man putting together a deal they can't refuse!!!

#waytobeaggressive

Edited by OccamsRazor

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Or that even though Ivan was a rookie and hands down was the best defenseman on the team...he still finished -7!!!

:ph34r:

Imagine how different that would be if he didn't have a boat anchor for a defensive partner most of the season? Maybe that can change this year...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On this date in 1982...

DHlho56XUAEpsAi.jpg

1982: The Philadelphia Flyers acquire defenseman Mark Howe in a trade that sends forwards Ken Linseman and Greg Adams, plus two draft picks, to the Hartford Whalers. Howe becomes a three-time First-Team All-Star with the Flyers and helps them advance to the Stanley Cup Final in 1985 and 1987. After 10 seasons with the Flyers, he plays three more with the Detroit Red Wings before retiring in 1995. He joins his father, Gordie Howe, in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2011.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 8:54 AM, OccamsRazor said:

On this date in 1982...

DHlho56XUAEpsAi.jpg

1982: The Philadelphia Flyers acquire defenseman Mark Howe in a trade that sends forwards Ken Linseman and Greg Adams, plus two draft picks, to the Hartford Whalers. Howe becomes a three-time First-Team All-Star with the Flyers and helps them advance to the Stanley Cup Final in 1985 and 1987. After 10 seasons with the Flyers, he plays three more with the Detroit Red Wings before retiring in 1995. He joins his father, Gordie Howe, in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2011.

I thought you were going to tell us Cooperalls were invented.  Mark Howe becoming a Flyer is much better.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Claude Giroux scored a hat trick to propel the Flyers into the playoffs.  He finished the season second in the NHL with a career high 102 points.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Today in Flyers history...

...man i miss BIG E days!!!!

Watching old clips like that, it's amazing to me how much slower the game used to be. It's like everyone's skating in slow motion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Today in Flyers History: On June 12, 2012, the Flyers acquired the negotiating rights to impending unrestricted free agent Mark Streit from the New York Islanders in exchange for minor league forward Shane Harper and a 2014 fourth-round pick. In 274 games with the Flyers, Streit would produce 140 points. In 2014-15, he led all NHL defensemen in power play points                                                        . Today in Flyers History: On June 12, 2002, the Flyers traded Brian Boucher and a 2002 third-round pick to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for Michal Handzus and Robert Esche. 

Edited by intheslot
add on.

• 2 weeks later...

From the wonderful  Bill Meltzer.... :)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Musings-and-Quick-Hits-2018-NHL-Awards-Draft-Musings-Therien-Podcast/45/93472

Today in Flyers History: On June 20, 1992, one of the most franchise-shaping and certainly the most historically debated trades in NHL history took shape at the NHL Draft. The Flyers and Quebec Nordiques struck a handshake agreement on a trade that sent the rights to Eric Lindros to Philadelphia. The Nordiques then turned around and traded Lindros for a second time; this time to the New York Rangers for what they believed was an even better deal.

With the trade in heated dispute, the Flyers ended up making the 7th overall pick of the 1992 Draft. The pick was originally part of the Lindros trade. Philadelphia selected Ryan Sittler, the son of Hall of Fame center (and former Flyer) Darryl Sittler.

The disputed trade went to arbitration, where arbitrator Larry Bertuzzi ultimately ruled the Flyers trade was enforceable. The reason: upon making the handshake agreement, the Nordiques provided to Philadelphia the personal contact information for the Lindros family; something they had steadfastly refused to do for any team until there was a finalized trade in place. Thus, although the paperwork for the trade with Philadelphia had not yet been put through NHL Central Registry, the NHL accepted the handshake deal as enforceable. The final compensation was adjusted slightly as Quebec said it would not have taken Sittler with the seventh pick.

Either which way, the Nordiques were going to make out like bandits from the sheer volume of NHL roster players, top-notch prospects, first-round picks and cash coming their way. Lindros had a Hall of Fame career but no one player could make up for all that went the other way.

The final trade from Philly: Mike Ricci, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, 1993 1st Rounder (Jocelyn Thibault), 1994 1st Rounder (Nolan Baumgartner) and $15 million (U.S.) in cash in exchange for Lindros' rights.

• 3 weeks later...

What i can't believe noone chimed in with one of their favorite Bryz moment....ok here is mine...

Image result for bryzgalov duck puck gif

...saddest part he is the last goalie to win a playoff series for the Flyers.

Let that sink in a moment....

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

What i can't believe noone chimed in with one of their favorite Bryz moment....ok here is mine...

Here is mine...

Bryz buyout: Flyers paying $23 million to make Ilya Bryzgalov disappear

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/bryz-buyout-flyers-paying-23-million-ilya-bryzgalov-181447175.html

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On this date in 1999, Dmitri Tertyshny was killed in a boating accident in British Columbia.

Tertyshny looked to have a promising career in front of him when the 22-year old defenseman fell over the bow of the boat that he and two Phantoms were riding in and was hit by the propeller. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Let's not forget to give Scott Gordon his accolades to kept it simple and help limit the shots on his 20 year old netminder to just 22.

Impressive and he played Sanheim 21 minutes and didn't shorten his bench when they were only up by one goal in the waning minutes.

Great first win!!!! Almost a complete game despite special teams still not clicking well.

Zero PP goals and they gave up one when on the PK.

I hope he can help there.

• Like 1