Must win tonight for any hopes of playoffs

Buffalo Rick

The Sabres must win this game tonight to have any thoughts of making it in.   I am not ruling out a win tonight.  I am pretty much ruling out a seeding.  Because we have pure garbage between the pipes.  Lehner sickens me.  I mean, we have a very proud history of having great goalies here.  Going back to the early  80s.  Donnie Edwards and Bob Sauve, then Hasek and Miller.  Top notch guys  And now we have this.  I get it that they gave Ryan the option to get out of here rather than suffer through the rebuild at his stage of the game.  But now that we have a good team again, except for some adjustments and additions that must be made, and some maturing of youth that takes time, I would think he would welcome playing here over Vancouver?  He has a better chance to win here next year than he does there.  Back to tonight, I do think they have to win this game.  Preferably in regulation as Philly is one of the teams that would stand in the way.  The meltdown vs Pittsburgh is just inexcusable.  a 3-0 lead, after putting 22 shots on their net in the first period and then losing the game with two minutes left in regulation once again shows the lack of discipline that Lindy Ruff brought here, the lack of defensive presence and the crap goaltending.  Win tonight, or next year is upon us.

Archived