Expansion draft to be televised

jammer2

37 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Looking forward to it, hopefully a better watch than this past droll trade deadline snoozefest.

Yep.

We are going to try and do our own MocK Expansion draft as well as the Mock NHL draft as we did last year too.

51 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yep.

We are going to try and do our own MocK Expansion draft as well as the Mock NHL draft as we did last year too.

I need to start working on this ......  might try to come up with something over the weekend....

Just now, pilldoc said:

I need to start working on this ......  might try to come up with something over the weekend....

Yep, and I need to get the Fantasy Cup Playoffs sign up started on Monday.

I have not researched or googled it yet, but does anyone know what order the Vegas team will be picking from the other teams?  Meaning, will they go alphabetical or by final overall standings?  Just curious.....

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I have not researched or googled it yet, but does anyone know what order the Vegas team will be picking from the other teams?  Meaning, will they go alphabetical or by final overall standings?  Just curious.....

I don't think there's an order. I mean, there's no other team coming into the league, so what does order matter? I imagine the "reveal" will be alphabetical order. Or maybe they'll pull balls out of a bucket and have Vegas announce the player they pick from that team?! Or, or...

I honestly can't believe they're making a tv spectacle out of the submission of a list.

On 3/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, AJgoal said:

I honestly can't believe they're making a tv spectacle out of the submission of a list.

I think it might be interesting. If for no other reason, nobody but Vegas will know which players were not protected. I expect a few teams to make side deals to avoid their players being taken. For instance, if I'm San Jose, I would NOT want to lose Dell. In fact, I'd pay a 2nd to not lose him. As you know, a good back up can mean home ice advantage for longer, insurance against your starter getting injured. I'm convinced Dell is the real deal. They pay a 2nd to keep him, but maybe down the road, they get a 1st for him....even if he is 27, I really, really like that guy. Same for Saros on Nashville. Can't see Nash wanting to part with Rinne, he still has a few good years left in him, but Saros is young and talented and will start to steal games away from Rinne next year. Maybe Washington wants to keep Grubauer. Vegas could really clean up with prospects and or picks in some of these scenarios. 

On 3/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, jammer2 said:

The NHL has just announced, the expansion draft this coming summer will be televised. There will be tons of drama also, because the league has mandated that NHL teams do not have to release the list of non protected players.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-expansion-draft-will-be-televised/

It should be done old Raw vs Smackdown style. With Players in Attendance ready to come down and talk on the mic.

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

It should be done old Raw vs Smackdown style. With Players in Attendance ready to come down and talk on the mic.

ha ha....Buttman could learn some things from Vince!!

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually quite simple. LV must take one player from each of the existing 30 franchises. LV cannot take more than one player from each of the other 30 teams.

Players eligible for the draft are those not protected by a team.

Any players with no trade or no movement clauses in their contracts cannot be drafted (and therefore do not need to be protected).

There are a lot of other "rules" about who has to be protected and who doesn't, but what it comes down to is that LV must draft from the list of unprotected players provided by each team. I'm sure if I missed something other posters will be by to correct me. :eyeroll:

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

Any players with no trade or no movement clauses in their contracts cannot be drafted (and therefore do not need to be protected).

I think you're mostly right. Since they have these clauses they MUST be protected.

Archived