Morin Recalled

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Interesting timing with the Phantoms going through the final playoff push.

Per GM Ron Hextall, the #Flyers have recalled Defenseman Sam Morin from the @LVPhantoms.

Phantoms have three games next week.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morin against the Devils tonight, the Bears tomorrow, the WBS Pens Friday and then with the Flyers for the weekend. Then back to Allentown for next week.

Essentially missing one Phantoms game.

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

Phantoms have three games next week.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morin against the Devils tonight, the Bears tomorrow, the WBS Pens Friday and then with the Flyers for the weekend. Then back to Allentown for next week.

Essentially missing one Phantoms game.

Dude.  What are they trying to do to the kid?

40 minutes ago, King Knut said:

My coworker said that stolarz played in the phantoms game Friday, and we know he played Saturday and Sunday too.  I guess they can handle it.  Goalie is a little different though.

Just now, King Knut said:

You think the 21 year old can't handle it?

I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.

The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.

He'd essentially be playing two extra games and making his NHL debut.

It could just be a spot in the schedule with an injury to Gudas where they figure they can call him up and reward him for his play with the Phantoms.  Perhaps he will finish out the regular season before getting sent back down for the Phantoms run but I'm not prepared to read into this move too much right now.

10 minutes ago, icehole said:

My coworker said that stolarz played in the phantoms game Friday, and we know he played Saturday and Sunday too.  I guess they can handle it.  Goalie is a little different though.

Yeah I mean they're young and the season is just about over, but to play devil's advocate on Stolarz, they didn't really have much choice.  Mason was so sick he couldn't play and Neuwirth passed the hell out on the ice.

Morin will spend more time in limmos over the next week than a Chauffer.   It's fine.  I was more just joking.  Hope he has his sheetz card.  

5 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

It could just be a spot in the schedule with an injury to Gudas where they figure they can call him up and reward him for his play with the Phantoms.  Perhaps he will finish out the regular season before getting sent back down for the Phantoms run but I'm not prepared to read into this move too much right now.

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.

The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.

Yeah I don't know.  It just seems rough and has the potential to risk injury on him.  I think it's important for him to get a few NHL games in if he's going to be considered a strong contender to make the team next fall.

Also, from Hextall's point of view, I'd want as much of a look at the kid as possible before I go into the off season and start deciding what I'm shopping for.

The shipping back and forth to the Phantoms (if it happens) is the odd part, but it seems like it's as much throwing them a bone as anything to keep them competitive down the stretch.  Though they're not in much danger of missing the playoffs.  

Morin should have been up with the Flyers months ago. Worse case is he's as bad as MacDonald. Meaning he makes lots of mistakes. I can live with a rookie making rookie mistakes, but not with a $5m waste-of-space, hardly an NHLer clown like MacDonald.

25 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Yeah I don't know.  It just seems rough and has the potential to risk injury on him.  I think it's important for him to get a few NHL games in if he's going to be considered a strong contender to make the team next fall.

Also, from Hextall's point of view, I'd want as much of a look at the kid as possible before I go into the off season and start deciding what I'm shopping for.

The shipping back and forth to the Phantoms (if it happens) is the odd part, but it seems like it's as much throwing them a bone as anything to keep them competitive down the stretch.  Though they're not in much danger of missing the playoffs.  

I don't know that they do shuffle him, but they have six games left and are five points ahead of #5 Hershey - who they play - and have two games against the division-leading Penguins and a third against Providence, who is also competing in their division.

On the plus side they have games against Springfield (next to last) and finsih against Binghamton (last in their division).

They obviously should make it, but it is far from locked up. If Hershey wins out they finish with 97 points. If you look at Springfield and Binghamton as "should wins" the Phantoms get four points there and then they need two more to clinch. Stranger things have happened.

That said, Hershey at home tomorrow is a big game and I think could clinch it for them. Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him play against Hershey and then not go back down until next week if they win.

50 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Morin should have been up with the Flyers months ago. Worse case is he's as bad as MacDonald. Meaning he makes lots of mistakes. I can live with a rookie making rookie mistakes, but not with a $5m waste-of-space, hardly an NHLer clown like MacDonald.

You're beating a tub of Elmer's at this point.  

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't know that they do shuffle him, but they have six games left and are five points ahead of #5 Hershey - who they play - and have two games against the division-leading Penguins and a third against Providence, who is also competing in their division.

On the plus side they have games against Springfield (next to last) and finsih against Binghamton (last in their division).

They obviously should make it, but it is far from locked up. If Hershey wins out they finish with 97 points. If you look at Springfield and Binghamton as "should wins" the Phantoms get four points there and then they need two more to clinch. Stranger things have happened.

That said, Hershey at home tomorrow is a big game and I think could clinch it for them. Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him play against Hershey and then not go back down until next week if they win.

That makes sense.  Newark to Lehigh Valley is like an hour and a half.  He can sleep at home and make the morning skate with ease.   If they can beat the  Bears, then maybe he won't have to go back down, but the Flyers have off until the weekend.  I could see them playing him in Allentown Friday night too.  At least all the games over the next week are in Philly or Allentown.  

9 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Sure, stunt his development on Day 1!!!!

Well, once they said "Vandevelde scratched," you knew his career was doomed without Chris to carry him.

5 hours ago, radoran said:

Well there is no way he'll play soon he hasn't had a practice with the team so far...

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Morin was called up to hammer the Devils for taking out Gudas. Since we are a team of ******* some ones got to do it.Simmonds is a 30 goal scorer he cant be our only guy fighting.

The Devils recalled Gazdic and Thomson from the AHL, so it might be some old time Flyers vs Devils tonight.

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow just looked at Bill's lineup so Morin is skating with Schultz....nice way to damage the kid out the box...guess it could be worse he could be out there with Mcdud....

He's only on the PK with Schultz according to the TV crew and the morning skate lineup I saw earlier. Ghost is slotted as his ES partner.

Archived