Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

DaGreatGazoo

Morin Recalled

Recommended Posts

Interesting timing with the Phantoms going through the final playoff push.

 

Per GM Ron Hextall, the

Hidden Content

have recalled Defenseman Sam Morin from the

Hidden Content

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Interesting timing with the Phantoms going through the final playoff push.

 

Per GM Ron Hextall, the

Hidden Content

have recalled Defenseman Sam Morin from the

Hidden Content

.

 

Phantoms have three games next week.

 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morin against the Devils tonight, the Bears tomorrow, the WBS Pens Friday and then with the Flyers for the weekend. Then back to Allentown for next week.

 

Essentially missing one Phantoms game.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

Phantoms have three games next week.

 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morin against the Devils tonight, the Bears tomorrow, the WBS Pens Friday and then with the Flyers for the weekend. Then back to Allentown for next week.

 

Essentially missing one Phantoms game.

 

Dude.  What are they trying to do to the kid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I guess Gudas is being shut down. Makes sense.

 

I'm glad for this. No reason for him to push it.  Caution now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, King Knut said:

 

Dude.  What are they trying to do to the kid?

My coworker said that stolarz played in the phantoms game Friday, and we know he played Saturday and Sunday too.  I guess they can handle it.  Goalie is a little different though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King Knut said:

 

Dude.  What are they trying to do to the kid?

 

You think the 21 year old can't handle it?

 

I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.

 

The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.

 

He'd essentially be playing two extra games and making his NHL debut.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could just be a spot in the schedule with an injury to Gudas where they figure they can call him up and reward him for his play with the Phantoms.  Perhaps he will finish out the regular season before getting sent back down for the Phantoms run but I'm not prepared to read into this move too much right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, icehole said:

My coworker said that stolarz played in the phantoms game Friday, and we know he played Saturday and Sunday too.  I guess they can handle it.  Goalie is a little different though.

 

Yeah I mean they're young and the season is just about over, but to play devil's advocate on Stolarz, they didn't really have much choice.  Mason was so sick he couldn't play and Neuwirth passed the hell out on the ice.

 

Morin will spend more time in limmos over the next week than a Chauffer.   It's fine.  I was more just joking.  Hope he has his sheetz card.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

It could just be a spot in the schedule with an injury to Gudas where they figure they can call him up and reward him for his play with the Phantoms.  Perhaps he will finish out the regular season before getting sent back down for the Phantoms run but I'm not prepared to read into this move too much right now.

 

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

You think the 21 year old can't handle it?

 

I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.

 

The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.

 

He'd essentially be playing two extra games and making his NHL debut.

 

Yeah I don't know.  It just seems rough and has the potential to risk injury on him.  I think it's important for him to get a few NHL games in if he's going to be considered a strong contender to make the team next fall.

 

Also, from Hextall's point of view, I'd want as much of a look at the kid as possible before I go into the off season and start deciding what I'm shopping for.

 

The shipping back and forth to the Phantoms (if it happens) is the odd part, but it seems like it's as much throwing them a bone as anything to keep them competitive down the stretch.  Though they're not in much danger of missing the playoffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said about Vecch...   at least we have a reason to watch the figgin' games now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morin should have been up with the Flyers months ago. Worse case is he's as bad as MacDonald. Meaning he makes lots of mistakes. I can live with a rookie making rookie mistakes, but not with a $5m waste-of-space, hardly an NHLer clown like MacDonald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Yeah I don't know.  It just seems rough and has the potential to risk injury on him.  I think it's important for him to get a few NHL games in if he's going to be considered a strong contender to make the team next fall.

 

Also, from Hextall's point of view, I'd want as much of a look at the kid as possible before I go into the off season and start deciding what I'm shopping for.

 

The shipping back and forth to the Phantoms (if it happens) is the odd part, but it seems like it's as much throwing them a bone as anything to keep them competitive down the stretch.  Though they're not in much danger of missing the playoffs.  

 

I don't know that they do shuffle him, but they have six games left and are five points ahead of #5 Hershey - who they play - and have two games against the division-leading Penguins and a third against Providence, who is also competing in their division.

 

On the plus side they have games against Springfield (next to last) and finsih against Binghamton (last in their division).

 

They obviously should make it, but it is far from locked up. If Hershey wins out they finish with 97 points. If you look at Springfield and Binghamton as "should wins" the Phantoms get four points there and then they need two more to clinch. Stranger things have happened.

 

That said, Hershey at home tomorrow is a big game and I think could clinch it for them. Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him play against Hershey and then not go back down until next week if they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morin was called up to hammer the Devils for taking out Gudas. Since we are a team of ******* some ones got to do it.Simmonds is a 30 goal scorer he cant be our only guy fighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Morin should have been up with the Flyers months ago. Worse case is he's as bad as MacDonald. Meaning he makes lots of mistakes. I can live with a rookie making rookie mistakes, but not with a $5m waste-of-space, hardly an NHLer clown like MacDonald.

 

You're beating a tub of Elmer's at this point.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

I don't know that they do shuffle him, but they have six games left and are five points ahead of #5 Hershey - who they play - and have two games against the division-leading Penguins and a third against Providence, who is also competing in their division.

 

On the plus side they have games against Springfield (next to last) and finsih against Binghamton (last in their division).

 

They obviously should make it, but it is far from locked up. If Hershey wins out they finish with 97 points. If you look at Springfield and Binghamton as "should wins" the Phantoms get four points there and then they need two more to clinch. Stranger things have happened.

 

That said, Hershey at home tomorrow is a big game and I think could clinch it for them. Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him play against Hershey and then not go back down until next week if they win.

 

That makes sense.  Newark to Lehigh Valley is like an hour and a half.  He can sleep at home and make the morning skate with ease.   If they can beat the  Bears, then maybe he won't have to go back down, but the Flyers have off until the weekend.  I could see them playing him in Allentown Friday night too.  At least all the games over the next week are in Philly or Allentown.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manning hurt. Morin skating with Ghost.

 

Vecchione centering 4th line with PEB and McDonald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Vecchione centering 4th line with PEB and McDonald.

 

Sure, stunt his development on Day 1!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

Sure, stunt his development on Day 1!!!!

 

Well, once they said "Vandevelde scratched," you knew his career was doomed without Chris to carry him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, radoran said:

 

You think the 21 year old can't handle it?

 

I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.

 

The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.

 

He'd essentially be playing two extra games and making his NHL debut.

 

 

Well there is no way he'll play soon he hasn't had a practice with the team so far...

 

 

 

:ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow just looked at Bill's lineup so Morin is skating with Schultz....nice way to damage the kid out the box...guess it could be worse he could be out there with Mcdud....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Morin was called up to hammer the Devils for taking out Gudas. Since we are a team of ******* some ones got to do it.Simmonds is a 30 goal scorer he cant be our only guy fighting.

 

The Devils recalled Gazdic and Thomson from the AHL, so it might be some old time Flyers vs Devils tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Occam:

 

Morin might pick up Schultz and break him in pieces.  This should be a good match-up.  I hope Morin puts his baptism to good use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow just looked at Bill's lineup so Morin is skating with Schultz....nice way to damage the kid out the box...guess it could be worse he could be out there with Mcdud....

 

He's only on the PK with Schultz according to the TV crew and the morning skate lineup I saw earlier. Ghost is slotted as his ES partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Well, once they said "Vandevelde scratched," you knew his career was doomed without Chris to carry him.
    • 2
      Post
      You think the 21 year old can't handle it?   I mean, it already seems odd with Hextall's "philosophy" of players "earning the spot" and "creating a winning atmosphere" in Lehigh.   The former makes more sense with Gudas going down. The latter would be why they would shuffle him back and forth.   He'd essentially be playing two extra games and making his NHL debut.
    • 2
      Post
      You're beating a tub of Elmer's at this point.  
    • 2
      Post
      I think he was sent back because they had a big game with Hershey last night(lost in OT), and another one tomorrow vs the SWB Pens.  @radoran suggested he may come back up for the Flyers weekend games, which I also think is probably the case.
    • 2
      Post
      McDonald and Morin were both "loaned" to the AHL so I expect to see them back up this weekend.  
    • 2
      Post
      Sorry but if they want me to watch i'd rather watch Morin. Manning is nothing more than a 7th Dman. That is all.   Edit: In fact in my opinion if Manning or Mcdud is dressing on opening night in the top 6 next year they are already taking a step back.

Game Room 1

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...