Marchand plays bag tag

yave1964

Apologies for the vulgar title, not sure how to mention what he did in a clean way.....

Basically Marchand did what Marchand does, a flick of the stick here or there and down goes talented rookie Jake Dotchin. And then Marchand takes on a look of total innocence and surprise over first being penalized and then over being ejected.

Discipline hearing set for Thursday, based off previous history there is a chance he will get the final two games of the season which is really a waste as the Bruins have clinched a playoff spot already and it amounts to a chance for Marchand to recharge his batteries and sharpen his stick end. If the league wants to put an end to what is becoming a problem of excessive stick work especially from skilled players who do not get called to account either on the ice or off the best way to send a message would be to make it three games meaning he would miss the opening game of the postseason.

I like Marchand, the sucker could play for me any day of the week and twice on Sunday but that was uncalled for. He is too good of a player to keep doing this stuff.

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I like Marchand,

This is the source of your problem. He's turned into a good hockey player, but he's still a douche through and through. 

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

This is the source of your problem. He's turned into a good hockey player, but he's still a douche through and through. 

I liked him as a 40 point a year douche even lol. A couple of years ago as the Bruins were choking a season away he called out a bunch of vets as cancer to the team and threatened younger players for their me first mentality. He has a fire and is driven and probably a pain in the ass in the clubhouse but he is in it to win it.

that said there is no reason to do some of the more egregious things that he does. Stick work is a real no no to me and I cannot stand players who do this stuff and it seems that the leagues superstars are the biggest problem in this area right now. Just a week or so ago another superstar, I wont say his name because this thread is about Marchand but his name rhymes more or less with Bid Crowsfeet did the same thing to Ryan O'Reilly of Buffalo, a quick flick of the stick in the sack and down he went.

The instigator rule allows these guys to do whatever they want without fear of retaliation or the retaliating team gets the extra time in the sin bin. I understand the rule but feel it is poorly thought out and things such as Marchand and others carving up players genitals as if they were the Thanksgiving giblets are the direct result.

Give me a big old nasty open ice hit any day of the week, give me a couple of knuckle dragging bruisers busting each other up in a rough game and I am happy. But the constant stick work and the pushing and shoving after every single whistle without a penalty are things I could easily do without.

If I was GM of Boston, I'd trade Marchand.  He's a hell of a hockey player, but he's uncaring about his team.   That stupid spear last night was another selfish move.  Every Boston player can see that he's more interested in indulging his ego that he is the team's success.  That type of act can suck the drive out of a team.  If I was a player on the bench, I'm thinking "Oh great, now we gotta play short-handed again because of this jerk.".  

Sad thing is, from a Bolts' fan perspective (or anyone else who doesn't like Marchand or the Bruins), is that the Bolts not only didn't take advantage on that 5 min major, but they were shut out in the game.

Even though the TB isn't mathematically eliminated, that loss all but sealed their fate for this season.............not that they were well equipped 'as-is' to make a deep playoff run again anyways.

At the end of the day though, when the chips are down, the games loom their largest, Brad Marchand is what Brad Marchand is: a King rat, who, while I agree is a hell of a player, also is a hell of an a-hole.

Also, I watched the Lightning feed for this game, and in listening to the clip @yave1964 provided here (the Boston feed), I find it hilarious that the homer announcers were saying things like "Ya gotta hope it's just a minor penalty"....and this gem " right there, got him in the mid section".

The 'mid section'.

Now, I may not have played hockey, but I spent many years training in martial arts, and my husband, a former Army Ranger, and I like to have fun and keep sharp with training when we have time together.

I am a rather small person at 5'5, and my best defenses are shots in 'delicate' areas of a larger person.

Trust me....the 'mid section' is not where a small person like me needs to hit someone to put them down.

Try the family jewels, ya homer announcers!

And how the hell do you "hope it's just a minor penalty"....unless, of course, you STILL consider the 'nads a part of the 'mid section'.

There are homers, and then there are these NESN guys.... SMH...

They keep this up, they will give a serious run to the ROOT Pittsburgh announcers for most absurd commentary in support of the home team in the NHL.....

The 'mid section' he says...... :no:

6 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I liked him as a 40 point a year douche even lol. A couple of years ago as the Bruins were choking a season away he called out a bunch of vets as cancer to the team and threatened younger players for their me first mentality. He has a fire and is driven and probably a pain in the ass in the clubhouse but he is in it to win it.

that said there is no reason to do some of the more egregious things that he does. Stick work is a real no no to me and I cannot stand players who do this stuff and it seems that the leagues superstars are the biggest problem in this area right now. Just a week or so ago another superstar, I wont say his name because this thread is about Marchand but his name rhymes more or less with Bid Crowsfeet did the same thing to Ryan O'Reilly of Buffalo, a quick flick of the stick in the sack and down he went.

The instigator rule allows these guys to do whatever they want without fear of retaliation or the retaliating team gets the extra time in the sin bin. I understand the rule but feel it is poorly thought out and things such as Marchand and others carving up players genitals as if they were the Thanksgiving giblets are the direct result.

Give me a big old nasty open ice hit any day of the week, give me a couple of knuckle dragging bruisers busting each other up in a rough game and I am happy. But the constant stick work and the pushing and shoving after every single whistle without a penalty are things I could easily do without.

Agreed. I've done things with my stick that I'm not proud of, immediately regretted, but they were rare events.

There's no place for it. God gave us two perfectly good fists with which to settle differences and scores.

So Marchand gets a hearing with likely suspension and Crosby, who did the same thing to Ryan O'Reily a few games earlier gets absolutely nothing. 

NHL: Selective Discipline 24/7

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

So Marchand gets a hearing with likely suspension and Crosby, who did the same thing to Ryan O'Reily a few games earlier gets absolutely nothing. 

NHL: Selective Discipline 24/7

Well obviously, that's because Crosby merely got O'Reilly in "the midsection".....  :ph34r:

You guys are gonna love this....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-suspends-brad-marchand-explains-sidney-crosby-wasnt-175622930.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

The NHL DPS explains why Marchand got suspended but Crosby didn't.

Sure, the obvious play here is "Marchand is a repeat offender".

Also, they say "Crosby hasn't been suspended before for such actions"....... and he never will, as long as the NHL deems his actions "not as harsh" as was stated, :ike: :ph34r:

Article also goes on to quote the NHL DPS by saying that the play involving Crosby "happens all the time".

Hmmm....were they perhaps referring to Crosby spear fishing men's clams regularly?

At any rate, Marchand got what he deserved. As for Crosby, well, I won't further beat the dead horse, but his stick clearly did the same that Marchand's did.

The only flaw there was, O'Reilly should have gone down like a ton of bricks....then MAYBE Crosby gets a minor for 'roughing' :shifty:

20 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You guys are gonna love this....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-suspends-brad-marchand-explains-sidney-crosby-wasnt-175622930.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

The NHL DPS explains why Marchand got suspended but Crosby didn't.

Sure, the obvious play here is "Marchand is a repeat offender".

Also, they say "Crosby hasn't been suspended before for such actions"....... and he never will, as long as the NHL deems his actions "not as harsh" as was stated, :ike: :ph34r:

Article also goes on to quote the NHL DPS by saying that the play involving Crosby "happens all the time".

Hmmm....were they perhaps referring to Crosby spear fishing men's clams regularly?

At any rate, Marchand got what he deserved. As for Crosby, well, I won't further beat the dead horse, but his stick clearly did the same that Marchand's did.

The only flaw there was, O'Reilly should have gone down like a ton of bricks....then MAYBE Crosby gets a minor for 'roughing' :shifty:

So the Crosby thing "happens all the time" and shouldn't be addressed.

But head hits "happen all the time" and they get suspensions.

Either the league should get rid of the rule preventing players from trying to emasculate other players or they should do something to stop it.

I can't believe that the "defense" of Crosby is "everybody tries to chop other guy's giblets off all the time and it's really no big deal."

On the other hand, it's open season on Crosby's crotch.* And we also know why Giroux didn't think a cop would mind.

Crosby didn't even get a penalty.

* I don't mean to get Pierre McGuire all hot and bothered...

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, yave1964 said:

not sure how to mention what he did in a clean way.....

Another one from the dirt bag....a stick check to the dude's face he should get a call for this cheap sh it!!!!!

giphy.gif

I missed this from game 1 of the playoffs, but maybe Marchand's new nickname should be the Kissing Bandit.  He's starting to remind me of Sean Avery.  lol.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Absolutely HILARIOUS!!!   I have been watching hockey for 40+ years and have NEVER, EVER seen anything like the Marchand lick....it's hard to wrap your head around.

I'll assume they'll have a rule made up for next season (like Averys) for something I see zero difference than spitting in a players face.

If he did that to me I think put my finger over one nostril and blow my nose aka farmer in his face. Absolutely no need for a guy with his skillset and motor to act like a complete imbecile and degrade a great game.

Archived