• Pens sweep 4-0
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Blue Jackets sweep 4-0
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

Horrible game by Bryzgalov Bob vs. Pens. Misplays puck on 1st goal behind net. 2nd goal caught cheating bad to one side on the 2 on 1 and the 3rd goal he gave up from a ugly angle....so much for playing well in the regular season!

Bob just a good regular season goalie. Hasn't done nothing in the playoffs! 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said in here that the Pens would win because of the center play, Wennberg is an inexperienced number 2 playing 1C out of necessity, Dubinsky is my wifes favorite player but is a 3C or even a 4C energy guy forced up a line or two out of need and beyond those two it is a gaping chasm at the position. I was shocked they didn't make a play for Hanzal or even Boyle at the deadline and the trio of Crosby/Malkin/Bonino are making me look downright prescient.

At least it makes up for me picking the wild over the Blues, lol.

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

@nossagog

@B21

I have no problem teams sending messages during a playoff game.  HOWEVER, what Calvert did was right out of scene from Slap Shot (not really, but you know what I mean).

Seriously, there is no room in the game for what Calvert did.  If both players are face to face and some pushing and shoving happens near the end of the game...then so be it.  However, Kuhnhackl had his back turned and was attacked from behind.  How hard of a hit did it have to be in order to break his stick?

Again.... no room in the game for that type of crap.  I'm surprised for the viciousness of the hit all was called was 2 min for cross-checking. 

By the precedents set forth through out the season and previous seasons .... Not a major penalty. No injury (i believe), Calvert has no previous injury....therefore nothing else will come about.

Does he deserve to sit?? I really don't know...... at least he should be donating some of his salary to the NHL.

I do agree ...this type of behavior does not belong in the game.....

I think the Pens got the "message". Let the Jackets make arses out of themselves. Play hockey. Win series. 

Looking at it again...Calvert should sit. Not only was there a cross check but the sucker punch after when Kuhnhackl was slumped over.  Just before he went after Kuhnhackl he went high on Carter Rowney, too. 

17 minutes ago, B21 said:

I think the Pens got the "message". Let the Jackets make arses out of themselves. Play hockey. Win series. 

Looking at it again...Calvert should sit. Not only was there a cross check but the sucker punch after when Kuhnhackl was slumped over.  Just before he went after Kuhnhackl he went high on Carter Rowney, too. 

I didn't even need to look at it again, to decide that Calvert should sit.  

HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED.  

My gut tells me this series is over. The only thing I can hope for now is that Columbus puts real ammo in the cannon, aims it at the press box and takes out Paul Steigerwald so we never have to listen to him again. 

5 hours ago, Samifan said:

My gut tells me this series is over. The only thing I can hope for now is that Columbus puts real ammo in the cannon, aims it at the press box and takes out Paul Steigerwald so we never have to listen to him again. 

Yeah they look terrible!  What a bunch of pretenders.  Getting rid of  Vezina Bob doesn't look so bad after he gives up 7 goals in the first 2 games several of which "he would want to have back".

Amen also to having to listen to Stinky call the games as he is beyond a joke.  What is up with this tool always being on the broadcasts? I never thought I would say this but he makes me pine for national announces like Dork (Doc), whom I can't stand either. 

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

OK so I probably haven't watched a broadcast with him in it, and I'm glad I haven't now that I looked up a couple of videos of his work. Hot damn he's terrible.

18 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Fair enough.

9 hours ago, Samifan said:

Steigy is simply horrible. I cannot stand listening I him. Actually, the entire broadcast team in Pitt stinks, but he's the worst of it (I'm not throwing stones. Jackson, the Flyers PxP guy, is only okay and the color folks are not good. All are better than Steigy, though). 

I'll see what Columbus does in the next two before calling this over. I agree that Pitt has owned them so far and the jackets look bad, but change of venue can sometimes change things. 

9 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Who do you want to replace him? Mike Lange wants paid to do both jobs!

Mike Lange would be worth every penny but you can't do radio and TV at the same time. Two completely different ways of calling games.

Errey doesn't bother me as much as others. So let Lange and the 'ol 29er call TV and have Errey and bring someone in to do play by play with him.

8 minutes ago, B21 said:

Mike Lange would be worth every penny but you can't do radio and TV at the same time. Two completely different ways of calling games.

Errey doesn't bother me as much as others. So let Lange and the 'ol 29er call TV and have Errey and bring someone in to do play by play with him.

I curious if Jay Caulfield would do the job?

4 hours ago, notfondajane said:

I curious if Jay Caulfield would do the job?

He's more color than play by play.  It's rare that you see an ex-(professional)-athlete do play by play. 

5 hours ago, B21 said:

I don't know.   Lange used to do simulcasts for a while there and I don't think anyone had an issue.   Lange is great on radio because he completely nails what is going on in a clear way without homer glasses.   Problem is that Lange is getting up there in years, can't see him doing this much longer, but long live his Langism's.

Well, with CBJ letting the game fall out of their grasp, it's safe to say that it's not a matter of whether the pens will get through to the second round but rather if they'll have to play more than four games. It's a shame, CBJ put in some really good play over the course of the game.

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

That kid Guentzel looks pretty dam good...

He's been awesome since he's come up.  He and Sheary are great wingers for Crosby.  

Looking at HF's post, you must have grabbed him for playoff fantasy.   He was great for me the last month or two of NAHANA.  Awesome pickup.

Okay, I'm on my cool down Guiness now, and the blood pressure is back down to almost normal.  Damn that was a great game to watch.  THAT is playoff hockey.

Werenski - Puck to face? Stiches?  Blood? Not a problem,  put a mask on and keep playing

Bonino - Puck to Face?   Blood?   Not a problem, put a mask on and keep playing

Awesome game to take the first one in Columbus for the Pens.  Columbus' has played great, but down 3-0. 

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Well... another playoff series that is essentially over.

I guess the Jackets were more pretenders rather than contenders.

That kid Guentzel looks pretty dam good.....

Crazy thing is that he was buried on the fourth line when he came up.  And then due to injuries to Sheary AND Rust, he got a test run on Sid's line and he has clicked  big time. I think he only had the last 15 - 20 games or so with Crosby.  Finished with 16 G and 17 assists in 40 games.    

Archived