2017 Fantasy Cup Playoffs Discussion thread

hf101

Now that the Draft is complete use this thread for discussions.  I'll try to get the scores up each morning.

Scoring is located in the Menu under Fantasy / Fantasy Cup Playoffs

https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/fantasy-cup-playoffs/=1

The process took longer than expected but I did like the challenge of picking in a larger group as more NHLer's were chosen than in previous years.  We can make some tweaks in the process next year.

BTW, there will be no IR picks this year as it gets too confusing.

Anyway, Everyone's teams look great.  Best of luck everyone.

• hf101 pinned this topic
Just now, AJgoal said:

Surprised that the Rags aren't well represented. I think they're coming out of that bracket.

I actually picked them too in my bracket.

11 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I was shocked. But I have Jones. I sat there wishing I could take a 2nd goalie instead of D

Yeah. I made a mistake picking Anderson so soon: with Lundqvist, Gibson, Rask and Anderson available I could really wait until the last round. Not used to this kind of drafting though.

11 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I was shocked. But I have Jones. I sat there wishing I could take a 2nd goalie instead of D

Some of it has to do with whether you thought the Rangers were getting out of the first round.

I still don't.

But if they do, Lundqvist will be the reason.

17 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

Yeah. I made a mistake picking Anderson so soon: with Lundqvist, Gibson, Rask and Anderson available I could really wait until the last round. Not used to this kind of drafting though.

Lundqvist has struggled of late, no fault there.  I don't think Rangers get out of 1st round.

Gibson definitely could make a case to at least going to Conf. Championships

Rask -- don't see Boston going past 2nd round

F. Anderson - Toronto does not make out of 1st round.

If you are lucky to pick near top, you want goalies who you think will get to at least Conference Championship or SCF.

Agree..I would have picked Gibson over C. Anderson.  Since I had 1st pick, I had luxury of taking Holtby.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Lundqvist has struggled of late, no fault there.  I don't think Rangers get out of 1st round.

If you are lucky to pick near top, you want goalies who you think will get to at least Conference Championship or SCF.

Agree..I would have picked Gibson over C. Anderson.  Since I had 1st pick, I had luxury of taking Holtby.

Couldn't make myself to pick a Quack... :)

I was picking G in the 2nd round. Decided to go for Crosby early.

3 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

Couldn't make myself to pick a Quack... :)

I was picking G in the 2nd round. Decided to go for Crosby early.

Again..not a bad choice in this format.  A lot depends on where you pick  I was lucky and had top pick. If I was picking middle or bottom and my perceived top goalie list was gone..then I am going best player among playoff teams.  Then goalie.  If I'm near the bottom then I get a shot at the top D-man..Karlsson / Burns / etc.  Then I go BPA or G. 

My bottom pick was a D-man since most are pretty equal in this format.  I was lucky when my turn came around because I could pick back to back. I went top D-man (Shattenkirk) and then I could follow-up with a very scoring center in Getzlaf.  Picks 4 and 5 were a crap shoot to who was left. I figured getting players who could score was better than picking a decent D-man.  My last pick was a D-man.  Anyway that was my thought process.  It could be different next year depending on where I pick.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

It was fixed!  I want a refund!!

FD19372 cant really have 0 points?  Price won?  Just as an example?  Or did he drop out?  If the Blues win this series I think its going to be huge.  It not only knocks out those with the Wild in their lineups, it gives me a longer life line.  One that can take me all the way to the finals.  Minnesota scares me more than any other opponent.  Any.  And that includes the big bad Blackhawks who I need to tie the series tonight to get my paws on $500

My team would have been incredible if Alaska Flyer did not throw me  a curve ball and steal Justin Williams at the last possible moment.  I was all set to draft him and there were plenty of other options.  And he hits the button.  I still think I will beat him.  But Columbus has shown nothing so far and I now am regretting picking Atkinson.  He is my only regret.  I have the Caps defenseman and the set back at home does not worry me.  Toronto is not going to win the series.  I know its nice to dream Leafs nation.  Enjoys the win.  It will likely be the last. As for Chicago, I hope they get blanked the next two games for screwing me.  They were the logical pick. St Louis never looked better.  And I am loaded with Blues

Okay, seriously. What are the odds? Last year I picked MAF, he was injured but expected back, never plays. This year I pick Murray, he gets hurt in warmups, and MAF is now carrying the load. That's really not how this curse thing is supposed to work.

46 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Okay, seriously. What are the odds? Last year I picked MAF, he was injured but expected back, never plays. This year I pick Murray, he gets hurt in warmups, and MAF is now carrying the load. That's really not how this curse thing is supposed to work.

LOL ... I really don't know what to tell you AJ.  Find a new lucky charm! ;)

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

LOL ... I really don't know what to tell you AJ.  Find a new lucky charm! ;)

Next year, I'm picking Crosby and Malkin.

Sharks get shut out for 2 games and then suddenly get a touchdown win.

My choice to pick up McDavid AND Jones was strange, and its counterproductive in a sense, but if I have a choice, I want McDavid to go scoreless.

And for the leafs to keep beating the Caps since I am the only person who drafted a leaf player and probably the only one who picked them to advance to the Conference finals vs the Pens in the bracket

I lost a good player in Cam Atkinson, but took him as I wanted to roll the dice with an Eastern team other than Pitt or Wash.  Now that he is gone and its business as usual, my picks of Jake Allen, Teresenko and Pietrangelo are looking mighty good.  And the defenseman for Washington helps too

18 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The first round isn't over yet and everyone has lost at least one player except @ScottM.  It's gonna be hard to catch him even though it's still early in the playoffs.

Very true, but that will change in a hurry if Senators and or the Oilers get eliminated.  Have to wait until  the first round is completed before anyone of start making predictions.  Hell I could lose Holtby and Shattenkirk if the Caps find away to blow the series against the Leafs. I'm just in wait and see mode for now.

Archived