Blues showing what they are made of

Buffalo Rick

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Unless he shocks in camp, I would default to sending him back to juniors, myself.   Because, as you say, he's a year younger.   Give him another year to percolate and the chance to tear that league up.

He already is tearing up that league.

But yes, he should be a Hound again next season.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they have now lost 5 straight....doesn't look like Super Schenn can save them.

2 points -5 in the last 8.....looks like he along with his team has fizzled out.

Then they trade Stasny??? WTF??

It looks like the...

Image result for tank gifs

...is on.

I hope they don't tank to well i would like their 1st rounder this year.

So they can drop to the 11th spot fine by me.

They sit 15th right now!!!!!

:cheers:

They stopped the bleeding last night.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

They stopped the bleeding last night.

Good i want their draft pick this year. They WON'T make the playoffs i say the Flyers end up with the 14th pick. Fine by me i say.

They won't suck enough to get inside the top 10. So color me happy!

@ruxpin

Mock draft has the Flyers taking this guy with their 1st:

Philadelphia.gif

16 *

Ht/Wt:6' 1"/183 lbs
Position:C
Team: Karpat (FIN)

Then the Flyers taking this guy with their pick.

Philadelphia.gif

Ht/Wt:6' 1"/175 lbs
Team: Halifax (QMJHL)

So i would be happy to trade Schenn for Frost and Kupari. Two young centers for one i'd be happy as hell!!!!

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good i want their draft pick this year. They WON'T make the playoffs i say the Flyers end up with the 14th pick. Fine by me i say.

@ruxpin

Philadelphia.gif

16 *

Philadelphia.gif

So i would be happy to trade Schenn for Frost and Kupari. Two young centers for one i'd be happy as hell!!!!

I'm still swinging for the fences in Serron Noel with that 2nd pick if he's available.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, OccamsRazor said:

@ruxpin

Philadelphia.gif

16 *

Philadelphia.gif

I do not think the Blues are finished by any means

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Look at the bloody standings.  They can make it

No they can't (they may have gotten help tonight, though, with Bishop getting hurt. Sadly, the real help would be if Allen got hurt). 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

No they can't (they may have gotten help tonight, though, with Bishop getting hurt. Sadly, the real help would be if Allen got hurt). 

Huton will likely get the nod.  Their are 4 points separating about 6 teams.  They are far from out of it and they are loaded with talent. 

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

Huton will likely get the nod.  Their are 4 points separating about 6 teams.  They are far from out of it and they are loaded with talent. 

Yes on Hutton. 

They're going the wrong way. And they have a fraud playing 1C.   They're mathematically in, but their toast. 

I'd fire the GM in the offseason and try to find a goalie. Allen would look good on Buffalo for Lehtera (kidding. Sabres deserve an upgrade and Allen ain't it). 

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Do you think Housley survives in Buffalo?

I don't know. They may say "work in progress," but they really didn't take a step forward, huh? 

I think I would probably fire him were it up to me. But I have a really quick trigger. It just seems to me that a lot of kids there took a step backwards and have a lot more talent than the results show. 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I don't know. They may say "work in progress," but they really didn't take a step forward, huh? 

I think I would probably fire him were it up to me. But I have a really quick trigger. It just seems to me that a lot of kids there took a step backwards and have a lot more talent than the results show. 

But they are starting to gel.  They have played well the last month and Reinhart has really found his game. They are very competitive and with Jack Eichel out of the lineup for now.

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But they are starting to gel.  They have played well the last month and Reinhart has really found his game. They are very competitive and with Jack Eichel out of the lineup for now.

Yeah, they're. 500 in the last 10. I mean, that's improvement. 

You watch them more than I, does a marginal improvement at the tail end of the season save him?  You've been complaining about him.  Honestly asking. I don't watch enough. 

I have to ask this question too. I'm not making a point, I'm just asking:  is it concerning at all that they're gelling (arguably more) withOUT Eichel?  I mean, one could argue that it's great they're doing so well without him, imagine adding him back in!  But is there any talk there that they're gelling BECAUSE he's out? 

Look at the bloody standings.  They can make it

You just lost JBo and Upshall. 

You're done.

Over finished you're in 10th and have to get past the Avs who are the 9th seed.

Sorry bro.

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yes on Hutton. 

They're going the wrong way. And they have a fraud playing 1C.   They're mathematically in, but their toast. 

I'd fire the GM in the offseason and try to find a goalie. Allen would look good on Buffalo for Lehtera (kidding. Sabres deserve an upgrade and Allen ain't it). 

I thought Allen was fabulous in last years playoffs.  So he is on a bad streak.  Happens to the best.  Lehner is good in regulation but sucks in OT

I thought Allen was fabulous in last years playoffs.  So he is on a bad streak.  Happens to the best.  Lehner is good in regulation but sucks in OT

It's one hell of a long streak.   He's not a starting goalie.  He's a liability.  I think Lehner would actually be a vast improvement on the Blues.

The Blues have issues outside of goaltending, though.

Jake Allen has poor hockey IQ, and is mentally weak at times. That's why he's not too much more than an average goalie playing for an elite defensive team. He relies too much on his athleticism, which can get him in trouble when he doesn't read the play accurately, which of course goes back to the hockey sense.

Found this gem ....

"Jake Allen is now 2-13-0 his past 15 starts to fall to 19-19-2. Just mind-boggling. What's even more mind-boggling is the Blues have scored a grand total of 16 goals in his 13 losses, or 1.23 goals per game. That's ridiculous to ask any goalie to win with those numbers."

Source - Lou Korac

IMO the bottom line seems to be.....if you hold the other team to 2 or less goals...you SHOULD be winning those games.  If not then there are other issues more than just goaltending ....

@Hockey Junkie

And another thing...your golden boy, B. Schenn, has been absolutely putrid since Jan 1st. 

In the 26 games since Jan 1st, Schenn has a meager 7G, 9A, 16 pts, (-8).  That is less than 0.5 pts / game.  Who do you really think won that trade.  We all warned you about Schenn.  I admit he was shooting the lights out in the first part of the season, but he also had a unsustainable >20 SH%.  There was NO way he was going to keep that pace for the entire season. 

As long as the Blues finish at 11 or greater, many of us Flyer fans will be saying "Thank You" for the draft pick.

51 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@Hockey Junkie

And another thing...your golden boy, B. Schenn, has been absolutely putrid since Jan 1st. 

In the 26 games since Jan 1st, Schenn has a meager 7G, 9A, 16 pts, (-8).  That is less than 0.5 pts / game.  Who do you really think won that trade.  We all warned you about Schenn.  I admit he was shooting the lights out in the first part of the season, but he also had a unsustainable >20 SH%.  There was NO way he was going to keep that pace for the entire season. 

As long as the Blues finish at 11 or greater, many of us Flyer fans will be saying "Thank You" for the draft pick.

Dont count on it

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

@Hockey Junkie

My golden boys are Eichel, Swartz and Teresenko and Reinhart all of a sudden.  Buffalo is not going to be this bad next year.  They are playing far better and without Jack

52 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Dont count on it

We'll see ....odds do not favor the Blues at all .......  here is their remaining schedule with my predictions ....  Nothing is a lock for the Blues...

MARCH OPPONENT Home/Away  
Thu, Mar 8 San Jose Away L
Sat, Mar 10 Los Angeles Away L
Mon, Mar 12 Anaheim Away L
Thu, Mar 15 Colorado Home W
Sat, Mar 17 NY Rangers Home W
Sun, Mar 18 Chicago Away W
Wed, Mar 21 Boston Home L
Fri, Mar 23 Vancouver Home W
Sat, Mar 24 Columbus Away L
Tue, Mar 27 San Jose Home L
Fri, Mar 30 Vegas Away L
Sat, Mar 31 Arizona Away W
Mon, Apr 2 Washington Home L
Wed, Apr 4 Chicago Home W
Fri, Apr 6 Chicago Away L
Sat, Apr 7 Colorado Away L

fhl.jpg

39 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

We'll see ....odds do not favor the Blues at all .......  here is their remaining schedule with my predictions ....  Nothing is a lock for the Blues...

MARCH OPPONENT Home/Away  
Fri, Mar 30 Vegas Away L
Sat, Mar 31 Arizona Away W
Mon, Apr 2 Washington Home L
Wed, Apr 4 Chicago Home W
Fri, Apr 6 Chicago Away L
Sat, Apr 7 Colorado Away L

fhl.jpg

They will beat San Jose and the Blackhawks who in case you have not noticed have totally fallen off the map.

41 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

MARCH OPPONENT Home/Away  
Fri, Mar 30 Vegas Away L