Blues showing what they are made of

Buffalo Rick

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, B21 said:

I hear ya. That skating penguin kinda sneaks up on you...

Ya, in the Dobbers Mock thread where he was knocking the guy who wrote it for saying that Colorado needed scoring, not defence (they actually need both) he failed to notice the guy actually had them picking a high scoring centre. I tried to point that out to him but somehow he turned it into a Buffalo thing. I got out before Miller came up.

20 hours ago, pilldoc said:

You do realize, that the Phillies are hardly a worthy World Series team..  The got swept in 1950 by the Yankees, then they don't sniff another World Series until 1980 when they beat the Royals in 6.  Yup they lost in 1983 to the O's (that is almost 35 years ago...I was still in Junior High School), then the Phillies don't make it again until 10 years later when they lose to the Blue Jays in 1993.  Then they don't make it again until they beat the Rays in 2008 and lose again to the Yankees in 2009.

So a franchise who has the most losses in MLB history has exactly 2 World Series trophy's (1980 and 2008).  It's not like the O's beat a perennial World Series Team like the Dodgers / Cardinals / Braves / Giants......

I will give you that the O's did beat a very good Dodgers team...but that was back in 1966.  Over 50 years ago.

There Reds were in 1970 which was the start of the Big Red Machine....

All I'm trying to say is...don't feel to proud beating the Phillies in 83.  The Phillies for most of their history have been pretty bad.

Its kind of the same as you guys rubbing my nose in the Sabres expansion team with one of the best lines of all time losing in 75.  The Orioles have been a very good team over the years.  The teams in the 70s were great for many years.  And you had best watch out for them this year.  My biggest gripe is that sack of crap they are sending to the mound tonight.  But he might even be able to beat the Reds.  Outside of him we are rock solid.  Tillman is due back any day

19 hours ago, B21 said:

Good God are you defensive. :dizzysmiley-1:

You do realize that the Pirates' and O's post season histories practically mirror each other, right? Each team has 3 appearances in the last 6 years then a short run in the 1990's preceded by lots of success in the 1970's and early 1980's.

Pirates: Founded 1882. 17 post-season appearances. 9 pennants. 5 World Series wins.

Orioles: Founded 1901. 14 post-season appearances. 7 pennants. 3 World Series wins.

Right now the biggest difference between the two clubs is that the Pirates were smart enough to get rid of Pedro Alvarez while the Orioles signed him.  Oh yeah - 4 years and $50 million for Ubaldo Jiminez??? #winning  :DancingGrape:

Speaking of proud...Honus Wagner. Willie Stargell. Roberto Clemente. 

Alverez is gone now I believe.  He has not played

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Are we really talking baseball? 

If I want to watch 18 guys standing around scratching themselves for 3 hours, I'll go watch a PennDot crew. 

I guess its a sore subject with the Sillies being so bad for so long now?  But I like two of their pitchers.  Eichoff being one.  And they have a very good second baseman

5 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I guess its a sore subject with the Sillies being so bad for so long now?  But I like two of their pitchers.  Eichoff being one.  And they have a very good second baseman

The world series parade was fun. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, flyercanuck said:

They're finished.

Playoff time getting close and they are fading fast...

[IMG]

...Schenn only 5 points in the last 10 games. Lehtera has had 2 points in the last 10!!! :VeryCool:

On 4/15/2017 at 8:38 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

This team is for real.

So they have now lost 5 straight....doesn't look like Super Schenn can save them.

2 points -5 in the last 8.....looks like he along with his team has fizzled out.

Then they trade Stasny??? WTF??

It looks like the...

Image result for tank gifs

...is on.

I hope they don't tank to well i would like their 1st rounder this year.

So they can drop to the 11th spot fine by me.

They sit 15th right now!!!!!

:cheers:

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

doesn't look like Super Schenn can save them.

I think Schenn has done exactly what many of us expected.   Exactly like track record, he had a hot spell where he was red hot.  Then becomes disinterested or lazy or floats, etc forever.   

My prediction is once they're eliminated (realistically, not necessarily mathematically) he'll get hot again and his year stats will look great and hide what kind of a putz he is.   First line center my ###.   Not on a playoff team, he isn't.

He's not the only problem, don't get me wrong.   Their goaltending is horrible.   It's been a weird year for NHL goalies in general, but Allen is not an elite goalie.   This should have been abundantly clear a couple years ago, but they instead hitched their wagons to him.

They fired Hitchcock.  I'm okay with that.   They'll probably fire Yeo.  That may or may not be justified.  The person that has been there way too long and, in my opinion, has completely misread what is needed there and has screwed up their window is Doug Armstrong.  He needs to go.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

My prediction is once they're eliminated (realistically, not necessarily mathematically) he'll get hot again and his year stats will look great and hide what kind of a putz he is. 

DING DING DING we have a winner!!!!!

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's been a weird year for NHL goalies in general, but Allen is not an elite goalie. 

And Hutton who has looked the best is a UFA at years end (has outplayed Allen)....so i wonder what they do it net to fix this??

Allen is signed 3 more year at 4.3 mill. They may need to go out and find someone else to push him next year.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Allen is signed 3 more year at 4.3 mill. They may need to go out and find someone else to push him next year.

That's the thing.   That tact has given mixed results in the past.   They brought Elliott in to do that, and it seemed to be okay.    They brought in Miller -- quite possibly one of the worst decisions by a GM in the history of GMing -- and that was a disaster and quite possibly screwed with Allen's head.  

I agree, though, that they need to bring someone in to push him.  I don't have a suggestion of who.  Hutton has been decent, but I really don't think he's the answer.   I'd move Allen if I could and get someone else altogether and keep Hutton for the role he's in.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I agree, though, that they need to bring someone in to push him.

Neuvy says hello....i mentioned in another thread a second ago Flyers could trade him there and say pick up have his 2.5 mill salary!

Sure maybe not but i can wish.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Neuvy says hello....i mentioned in another thread a second ago Flyers could trade him there and say pick up have his 2.5 mill salary!

Sure maybe not but i can wish.

I don't know that a guy that gets injured eating breakfast qualifies as someone who can "push him."   But as a backup, maybe.

Doug Armstrong just may be stupid enough to do it, too.   I'm not remotely impressed with him.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

@OccamsRazor

I'll tell ya something.  When Frost comes up and is kicking serious ###, I'm going smack the crap out of the people whining when Schenn was traded.   It's really already "I effing told you so" time.

He could go back to junior one more year.

Jordan Kyrou went back for another year after putting up 95 points.

Frost is actually trailing him for the scoring title and is a year younger.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Unless he shocks in camp, I would default to sending him back to juniors, myself.   Because, as you say, he's a year younger.   Give him another year to percolate and the chance to tear that league up.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Frost has fallen to 3rd in scoring, but he's only 2 points out of 1st. Kyrou (100 pts) is a year older, and Luchuk (99) is an overager. 

Archived