Dobber's 2017 NHL Mock Draft

jammer2

This guy *may* be the most knowledgeable prospects poster on the planet. The guy knows his stuff....cold. I really like this mock, the guy has a very nice feel for this upcoming draft. I trust him more than any other prognosticator out there, and that is including McKenzie and Button among others.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/dobberprospects-2017-nhl-mock-draft/

12. Philadelphia Flyers- Eeli Tolvanen, Left Wing (USHL)

Tolvanen may end up being the best goal scorer from this draft class, as his terrific release is quick, accurate and heavy. This weapon was on full display at the U18's where he scored seven goals in as many games. However, due to some concerns regarding his consistency, compete-level and play away from the puck, the talented-Finnish winger slips to the Flyers who are happy to add a dynamic forward to their strong stable of goaltending and back-end prospects. Tolvanen will head to Boston College in the fall and will look to build the strength and consistency needed to become a dangerous top six winger in the NHL. – Cam Robinson @CrazyJoeDavola3

This is not the first mock where I have seen Tolvanen picked by the Flyers...please...NO. When I read stuff like weakness in consistency, compete level, play away from the puck....no thank you. The last one can be fixed, but NO...lazy is lazy and zebra's do not change their stripes.

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

This guy *may* be the most knowledgeable prospects poster on the planet. The guy knows his stuff....cold. I really like this mock, the guy has a very nice feel for this upcoming draft. I trust him more than any other prognosticator out there, and that is including McKenzie and Button among others.

Well I am sure he knows his stuff but to me Colorado going defense makes no sense.  They need scoring more.  As for the young Finn, no doubt Rasmus knows the kid.  So maybe?

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I am sure he knows his stuff but to me Colorado going defense makes no sense.  They need scoring more.  As for the young Finn, no doubt Rasmus knows the kid.  So maybe?

Well, I agree the Ave's need scoring badly...BUT, ever since they dealt away Shattenkirk, the defense has gotten steadily worse. The Ave's defense is a big giant MESS. They will go no where until they fix the defense. Their transition game is non existant...and although Varlamov is no star tender, his HORRIBLE stats are directly related to the Ave's putrid defense.

17 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

2. Colorado Avalanche - Nico Hischier, Center (QMJHL)

The Maple Leafs are showing us this season that you can never have too many dynamic forwards on a rebuilding team. In Hischier, the Avs add to their solid group of core centermen and give the team that needs scoring help a grade-A weapon. 

Something makes no sense...and it ain't Colorado.

33 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

2. Colorado Avalanche - Nico Hischier, Center (QMJHL)

The Maple Leafs are showing us this season that you can never have too many dynamic forwards on a rebuilding team. In Hischier, the Avs add to their solid group of core centermen and give the team that needs scoring help a grade-A weapon. 

Something makes no sense...and it ain't Colorado.

Well if its Buffalo do tell?

58 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Of course, when you are picking 2nd like the Ave's, it's gotta be best player available...UNLESS, they choose to trade down. I do think a Nolan Patrick, Nico or Gabe might be to tempting to pass up for the Ave's, but the need for a puck lugging, minutes eater should be top priority in Colorado. Last year, Tyson Barrie regressed a LOT points wise, but even more defensively. He is a mess. 

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Of course, when you are picking 2nd like the Ave's, it's gotta be best player available...UNLESS, they choose to trade down. I do think a Nolan Patrick, Nico or Gabe might be to tempting to pass up for the Ave's, but the need for a puck lugging, minutes eater should be top priority in Colorado. Last year, Tyson Barrie regressed a LOT points wise, but even more defensively. He is a mess. 

I don't think it's a certainty that Patrick goes 1st. His injury history have many scouts/GMs more than a little concerned.

10 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I don't think it's a certainty that Patrick goes 1st. His injury history have many scouts/GMs more than a little concerned.

Totally agree with that. I think Nico has a LOT more offensive upside and Valardi has an elite top of the line release. Patrick does all the little things great, but no one particular skill that really stands out. 

6. Detroit Red Wings -Timothy Liljegren, Defence (SHL)

The Red Wings are very happy to select at sixth overall the player ranked second overall for most of the season. Liljegren has seen his stock drop due to an injury plagued season but the Wings are not concerned because Mono is not a chronic injury. The Wings hop to have their next franchise defenceman in Liljegren. –

THIS. Man I hope this kid falls to the Wings. I have been waiting for years for the Wings to go defense early, we passed in favor of forwards or traded down year after year, we simply have to go defense right now in the worst way.Liljegren is the best pick at our worst position.

24 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

The Red Wings are very happy to select at sixth overall the player ranked second overall for most of the season. Liljegren has seen his stock drop due to an injury plagued season but the Wings are not concerned because Mono is not a chronic injury. The Wings hop to have their next franchise defenceman in Liljegren. –

THIS. Man I hope this kid falls to the Wings. I have been waiting for years for the Wings to go defense early, we passed in favor of forwards or traded down year after year, we simply have to go defense right now in the worst way.Liljegren is the best pick at our worst position.

A lot of scouts have compared Timothy to Drew Doughty, or at least a poor mans version of Drew. He would be a major haul for the Wings, addressing their power play point problem, would help out with the transition game, which is another glaring weakness. There is a real good chance he falls to the Wings at #6. He would represent their best skating defenseman and would also have the best on the ice vision, despite being a rookie. 

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

If I had to compare Nolan to a present day NHL player, I'd say he compares favourably to Landeskog. He cycles the puck well, has a strong lower body, has some very nice balance....and his offense will probably be in and around the amount Lands gets....perhaps a well rounded, two way 60 to 70 pt center. He has a strong game away from the puck, which is rare for a young 17 year old. Mature beyond his years.

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I like Liljegren too and acquired him on my keeper, so I was disappointed to hear from a scout the other day about how his stock is falling. He had "a brutal" U18 tourney and was "just awful" at times.

It's just one scout's opinion (albeit one that appears to be shared by others) but once the idea that a guy is regressing takes hold, it's damn near impossible to shake. So I expect him to fall, possibly out of the 1st round.

On 4/16/2017 at 5:21 PM, Podein25 said:

I like Liljegren too and acquired him on my keeper, so I was disappointed to hear from a scout the other day about how his stock is falling. He had "a brutal" U18 tourney and was "just awful" at times.

This is the first I've heard of this, every mock I've seen has him in the top 10, mostly 5th or 6th. These kind of negative things can gain steam though, we shall see. I'm really impressed with his skating and eye hand cordination, so I just don't see him falling to far.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, jammer2 said:

12. Philadelphia Flyers- Eeli Tolvanen, Left Wing (USHL)

Tolvanen may end up being the best goal scorer from this draft class, as his terrific release is quick, accurate and heavy. This weapon was on full display at the U18's where he scored seven goals in as many games. However, due to some concerns regarding his consistency, compete-level and play away from the puck, the talented-Finnish winger slips to the Flyers who are happy to add a dynamic forward to their strong stable of goaltending and back-end prospects. Tolvanen will head to Boston College in the fall and will look to build the strength and consistency needed to become a dangerous top six winger in the NHL. – Cam Robinson @CrazyJoeDavola3

This is not the first mock where I have seen Tolvanen picked by the Flyers...please...NO. When I read stuff like weakness in consistency, compete level, play away from the puck....no thank you. The last one can be fixed, but NO...lazy is lazy and zebra's do not change their stripes.

Read more  

Great a forward with concerns with his compete level and play away from the puck....

....and small he'll fit right in with the rest of the smurfs!!!!

In and out of Hak's dog house till he is traded!!!!

Make it happen!!!

:beer:

15 hours ago, jammer2 said:

This is the first I've heard of this, every mock I've seen has him in the top 10, mostly 5th or 6th. These kind of negative things can gain steam though, we shall see. I'm really impressed with his skating and eye hand cordination, so I just don't see him falling to far.

Yeah, we'll see I guess. It's only one scout - head of a service that I've mentioned here frequently, so obviously I value his opinion - but scouts talk. The one thing I will say about this scout - he likes to be a bit contrarian. Often, this takes the form of having a lower opinion of a guy that everyone is raving about. Liljegren may just be this year's whipping boy for him.

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, we'll see I guess. It's only one scout - head of a service that I've mentioned here frequently, so obviously I value his opinion - but scouts talk. The one thing I will say about this scout - he likes to be a bit contrarian. Often, this takes the form of having a lower opinion of a guy that everyone is raving about. Liljegren may just be this year's whipping boy for him.

Craig Button?

Archived