• Blues sweep 4-0
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7
    • Predators sweep 4-0
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

All discussion regarding the Blues / Predators series should be here.

Schedule :

St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Nashville Predators (WC2)

Wednesday, April 26, 8pm: Predators @ Blues | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Friday, April 28, 8pm: Predators @ Blues | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sunday, April 30, 3pm: Blues @ Predators | NBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 2, 9:30pm: Blues @ Predators | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Friday, May 5, TBD: Predators @ Blues | TBD

*Sunday, May 7, TBD: Blues @ Predators | TBD

*Tuesday, May 9, TBD: Predators @ Blues | TBD

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

i was far more fearful of the Wild than Nashville.  I do not believe Nashville are even close to the Wild

I would agree to a point, but the Preds just systematically took apart a VERY GOOD Blackhawks team.  A team in which many, including myselfm thought would have been in the SCF.  I caution you....don't take the Preds too lightly.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I would agree to a point, but the Preds just systematically took apart a VERY GOOD Blackhawks team.  A team in which many, including myselfm thought would have been in the SCF.  I caution you....don't take the Preds too lightly.

I watched Chicago in that series and they did not resemble the team we knew over the years. They were all over the place.   Disorganized big time. Bring on the Preds.   I have to see who is home?

I just glimpsed through the head to head between these two in the regular season.  After trading 3-1 wins, Nashville won the next two 4-0 and 6-3 and this was early on.  In April St Louis beat them 4-1.  The Blues are not the same team under the new coach.  They are far better.  We all know that.  If you still dont believe, stick around

I believe the Blues are too deep and talented for Nashville. They just have to work.  Do not be overconfident and go out there and let your talent and great D and goaltending beat them.  I believe the bigger fight will come later from the Ducks

Both teams had surprisingly easy series wins in the first round, my personal belief is that the Predators depth and determination were underrated by most of us and that the Blues are smoke and mirrors and not really very good. Preds in 6 at most.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:38 AM, B21 said:

Blues in 7. Considering the way Allen and Rinne are playing, all games are 1-0 contests decided in OT.

Good call about the goaltending. Given the playoff form from both blokes, goals 

could take on extra import in this series. 

I don't know too much about either team. But I do think two things: Are the Blues 

overdue and ready for the Cup Finals? Are the Preds onto a system that could

beat any team given what they did to Chicago? 

Predators in 6.

Overall, I think they have the more complete team, lines 1-4, on defense, and in the cage.

Sure, both are red hot and both had just about everything go their way in Round 1 as they disposed of both Chicago and Minnesota in impressive fashion, but at this point, ONE of them are gonna have to lose, and I prefer to put my money on the team that SHOULD have had deep playoff runs for awhile now, the Nashville Predators.

I am not discounting St. Louis, however, I can't shake the idea that the Wild thoroughly outplayed them, yet some hot goaltending, and bad fortune (and yes, shame on the Wild for not taking advantage of some prime opportunities) did the team in and allowed the Blues to move on (in just a mere 5 games!) to this match up.

And while I don't believe the Predators are as completely dominant as they showed against the Hawks, I DO believe they did outplay Chicago AND, unlike Minnesota, got the results to show for it.

So here we are.

Two hot teams, two hot goalies, two very confident squads....but I think the overall skill, team play, and coaching system Nashville has in place should win out in the end.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Predators in 6.

Overall, I think they have the more complete team, lines 1-4, on defense, and in the cage.

Sure, both are red hot and both had just about everything go their way in Round 1 as they disposed of both Chicago and Minnesota in impressive fashion, but at this point, ONE of them are gonna have to lose, and I prefer to put my money on the team that SHOULD have had deep playoff runs for awhile now, the Nashville Predators.

I am not discounting St. Louis, however, I can't shake the idea that the Wild thoroughly outplayed them, yet some hot goaltending, and bad fortune (and yes, shame on the Wild for not taking advantage of some prime opportunities) did the team in and allowed the Blues to move on (in just a mere 5 games!) to this match up.

And while I don't believe the Predators are as completely dominant as they showed against the Hawks, I DO believe they did outplay Chicago AND, unlike Minnesota, got the results to show for it.

So here we are.

Two hot teams, two hot goalies, two very confident squads....but I think the overall skill, team play, and coaching system Nashville has in place should win out in the end.

A more complete team than St Louis?  Are you kidding me?

Blues in 5

35 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

A more complete team than St Louis?  Are you kidding me?

Blues in 5

More complete, yessir....and they have been for about two seasons or so, unlike the Blues who are riding the hot hand into the post season causing SOME fans to think they are better than what they really are.

Again, not completely discounting the Blues...but then, I already said that, but you likely overlooked it in favor of taking umbrage with the "more complete than St. Louis" part.  :bonkingheadonwall:

As for Blues in 5?

I'd expect NOTHING less than a prediction like that from you, my friend!

:yes:

I really like the way that Nashville is playing as a defensive unit, and how quickly they move the puck out of the zone. They have more offense this season than last, and more quality depth. For that reason and Rinne being slightly better than Allen, I say Preds in 6.

Preds came to play.  Wonder if they can keep it for an entire series.

On another note....Did anyone see that nasty crash into the boards Fiala took.  Had to be taken off ice on stretcher.  At first I thought broken bone, but one would think the Emergency Medical team would have either splinted it or put an air cast around the leg to immobilize.  Though it could be a shattered patella the way it looked like his knee went square into the boards.  My bet is torn ACL / MCL combination.  Regardless, it is a shame.  Hears to a speedy recovering.  I have video listed below.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/predators-kevin-fiala-taken-off-on-stretcher-hospitalized-after-scary-fall/

59 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Preds came to play.  Wonder if they can keep it for an entire series.

On another note....Did anyone see that nasty crash into the boards Fiala took.  Had to be taken off ice on stretcher.  At first I thought broken bone, but one would think the Emergency Medical team would have either splinted it or put an air cast around the leg to immobilize.  Though it could be a shattered patella the way it looked like his knee went square into the boards.  My bet is torn ACL / MCL combination.  Regardless, it is a shame.  Hears to a speedy recovering.  I have video listed below.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/predators-kevin-fiala-taken-off-on-stretcher-hospitalized-after-scary-fall/

I'm shocked nothing broken, but I'm doubtful given the way they were bending the knee,etc., while he lay on the ice.  I agree, I don't think they do that if the knee is broken.    Possible fracture, I would think, of lower bones  (I just read @hf101's guess of femur.  Gee, I hope not, but I guess that's a possibility).

When he was on the stretcher, they were holding his left skate up and keeping that knee raised.  That's making me guess ACL/MCL or dislocated patella (my current favorite guess).

I never knew that Carrie Underwood was married to the Predators Mike Fisher. So, I guess that her married name is technically Carrie Fisher. Name rings a bell. The Predators are looking real good. 

1 hour ago, Corky Molloy said:

I never knew that Carrie Underwood was married to the Predators Mike Fisher. So, I guess that her married name is technically Carrie Fisher. Name rings a bell. The Predators are looking real good. 

They've been married for about 6 years.  

Related image

She is almost as good as Lauren Hart.  :IDunnoSmiley:

8 minutes ago, hf101 said:

She is almost as good as Lauren Hart.  :IDunnoSmiley:

LOL  I'll take Underwood 100 times before Hart.  And not just with the mute on.

I like Lauren, but she's really pitchy.

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

More complete, yessir....and they have been for about two seasons or so, unlike the Blues who are riding the hot hand into the post season causing SOME fans to think they are better than what they really are.

Again, not completely discounting the Blues...but then, I already said that, but you likely overlooked it in favor of taking umbrage with the "more complete than St. Louis" part.  :bonkingheadonwall:

As for Blues in 5?

I'd expect NOTHING less than a prediction like that from you, my friend!

:yes:

Big deal.  Its one game. Nashvillel does not have anyone as good as Teresenko or Steen or Swartz or Pietrangelo.  Are you kidding me?  They were lucky last night that they got those calls and had power plays.  They were also lucky Allan had his worst game of the playoffs.  They were outskated and ST Loui controlled the majority of the play .  They won New Jersey style.  Its only one game

59 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Its only one game

In my Yoda voice ....

To two yes but one game leads....Two leads to three.....beware of the four game sweep.  To fear losing one game leads, to anger and anger leads you down to the darkside losing two games leads.  Your destiny will forever to the darkside be when the predators win the series .... 

or

To two, yes but one game leads. . Feel the force! . . Herh Herh Herh Herh! Herh Herh Herh Herh! To three, two leads. . . . Hmmmm! Herh Herh Herh Herh! . Of the four game sweep, beware. To fear, losing one game leads,To anger and anger leads you down to the darkside, losing two games leads. Your destiny when the predators win the series, forever to the darkside will be. . . .

The Blues are a very good road team.  I have no doubt at all that St Louis and Anaheim are the best two teams left in the West.  They both lost game one.  But ST Louis is very good on the road.  Anaheim is better at home. I think its a bigger deal Anaheim losing to Edmonton than the Blues losing game one.  And how they lost it.  The Blues stormed back, and do not forget they were all over Nashville early.  The penalties sure did not help them.  The goal that Allen had first stopped and sneaked in, is unusual for him.  Not his best night but Nashville is not talented enough to keep this up.  

Archived