• Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7
    • Predators sweep 4-0
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm pretty sure the Blues and Ducks were both supposed to win their series.

Then the dreaded Curse of the Buffalonian was bestowed upon them...rendering them completely useless.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a great name for a feature film or Broadway play!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Lavi pretending to punch Homer?

Naa....h

maybe  it is a replica of the PK Subban Celebration 

via GIPHY

but we've seen that before...

lavy-fist-pump-o.gif

Last year I picked the Predators to get to the Finals against the Caps....from the looks of this series, I may have been a year too soon.

Granted, Nashville hasn't put away St. Louis quite yet, but dam it all if they give up three straight games.

Then, of course, there is the matter of the winner of the Anaheim-Edmonton series.

Speaking of which, Nsh-Edm may be somewhat of a nightmare for "the networks and ratings" (except Canada, which should be giddy about the Oilers getting there), but for real hockey fans, if it comes to pass, should have everything they want in a series.

As for the Blues, again, just proves, they probably shouldn't have been in the 2nd round to begin with. I will stick by my contention that the Wild outplayed them, but Jake Allen, as is the case many times in the post season, simply saw his team through....and yes, I will hammer the Wild over the head for NOT taking advantage of opportunities...sometimes served on a silver platter against St. Louis.

That all said, the way the Preds are playing, the way they are built, and how hungry they seem this year, not too sure Minnesota would have fared any better against them than the Blues are right now.

One game more for Nashville to claim before any real talk of Western Finals can commence. The toughest one. The 4th.

But if I am Carrie Underwood, I have two sets of bags packed: One for California, the other for Western Canada...and have outfits to match!

I really like the Preds chances at this point to move on! :yes:

6 hours ago, Samifan said:

Lavi pretending to punch Homer?

Congrats to the Preds on their outstanding play thus far in the playoffs. Very talented & hardworking team despite what HJ says..

You as Philly fans should know better than anyone that this is not over. Remember that Boston series?  3-0?  This series is far closer than the 3-1 indicates.  One at a time

30 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You as Philly fans should know better than anyone that this is not over. Remember that Boston series?  3-0?  This series is far closer than the 3-1 indicates.  One at a time

Close only counts in horse shoes.

You're right anything can happen and the 4th win is usually the toughest to get. I think it's the fact that you completely dismissed Nashville's team, ability and the way they were playing before this series with your mighty Blues is what is giving "us Flyers fans" the most joy right now. 

Your bravado and tone about this series has definitely changed in the past week. Maybe you should stop putting the cart before the horse. 

IMG_1089.JPG

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Of course they do. I'm sure they also remember the 1,375 times a team went down 3-0 and didn't come back to win.  But who knows....maybe Pekka Rinne will catch Ebola or something.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And hand grenades. Don't forget hand grenades...very important! :bigteeth:

My bad. I was too busy sticking to the whole horse metaphor :thumbsu:

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You picked the Bruins in that series...right?

8 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

The Blues are one period shy of having been swept. They've simply been outclassed. 

I'll be back when it's over to say I told you so from the beginning. 

Since I've seen the movie several times I'll get an early start on next year's playoffs:  they will choke. Find a team with the remotest chance of winning. 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The Blues are one period shy of having been swept. They've simply been outclassed. 

Since I've seen the movie several times I'll get an early start on next year's playoffs:  they will choke. Find a team with the remotest chance of winning. 

Errrr, those other teams prefer he NOT.... :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hey @Hockey Junkie

I hear the Wild and Lightning should be pretty good next year. You should jump on their bandwagon. 

You better knock it off, Buster...or I will clue him in to what a nice core of young defensemen Philly has and ALL they would need to compete would be Miller in net... :hehe:

Uh oh...sorry, @hf101 ....more shrapnel your way....

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You better knock it off, Buster...or I will clue him in to what a nice core of young defensemen Philly has and ALL they would need to compete would be Miller in net... :hehe:

We don't need the Curse of the Buffalonian.  We have subpar goaltending to take care of that

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nah, I'll just settle for Jake Allen.:thumbsu:

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You are so full of it I can smell it all the way up here in upstate ny.  The Blues have ooutplayed them and have not gotten the bounces and the refs have made so many bad calls its up there with the Orioles and Red Sox series.  You probably have not even watched a game

29 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You are so full of it I can smell it all the way up here in upstate ny.  The Blues have ooutplayed them and have not gotten the bounces and the refs have made so many bad calls its up there with the Orioles and Red Sox series.  You probably have not even watched a game

Cheese is yummy. I like just about every kind. 

Archived