hf101

1. Are you interested in participating in a HF.net 2017 NHL Mock Draft?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a HF.net 2017 NHL Mock Draft?

Last year members of HF.net created our own Mock NHL draft and it was a fun project thus we would like to do it again.

We would like to have a group of HF.net members to sign up in the polls who would like to participate.  Depending on the number who sign up we all take on 1, 2, 3 or more teams.  One member to a team.  Then when we start the Mock Draft that person who represents x team will draft for that team.  Example, if I represent Colorado and Chicago, then I will draft a player who is eligible based on that team's needs. Each pick must have a paragraph or a few sentences of why they are a great pick for the team you are picking from referencing sources.

Here is the page we created last year.  Located under HFPages in the menu.

How does this sound to everyone?  If you are interested please sign-up in the pool.  We will assign teams in a couple of weeks.

If you are interested, please list which team(s) you would be interested in representing as we can try to accommodate.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else interested?  8-10 members would be ideal.     We probably need to get started with this next week.  If anyone would like any specific teams to draft please post below.

Just got back from vacation earlier this week.  Time to get back in the swing of posting again. Yes...count me in.  Agree, would be nice if we have 8-10 members, but even at 5, we could make it work.  I'll take either NJ or the Flyers.  Also willing to take the Sabres, Calgary, and maybe the Blues (who pick twice).

Sounds good everyone thus far.

I was also wondering if maybe some members here who are fans of a specific team would have interest in choosing their favorite team's draft pick when it is their team's turn?

For Example:

Sharks - @J0e Th0rnton

Devils - @MadDevil

Oilers - @JR Ewing

Red Wings - @yave1964 or @WingNut722 or @SpikeDDS

Lightning @TropicalFruitGirl26

Rangers - @Corky Molloy

Islanders - @musky

Kings - @thenewestlights

Penguins - @nossagog

Panthers - @ezlot76

Toronto - @WordsOfWisdom or @BluPuk or @hobie

Jets - @Hatrik98 or @Podein25

Sabres - @Hockey Junkie

Senators - @ScottM

Canadiens - @MrDanglez67 or @habsguy26

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Sounds good everyone thus far.

I was also wondering if maybe some members here who are fans of a specific team would have interest in choosing their favorite team's draft pick when it is their team's turn?

For Example:

Sharks - @J0e Th0rnton

Devils - @MadDevil

Oilers - @JR Ewing

Red Wings - @yave1964 or @WingNut722 or @SpikeDDS

Lightning @TropicalFruitGirl26

Rangers - @Corky Molloy

Islanders - @musky

Kings - @thenewestlights

Penguins - @nossagog

Panthers - @ezlot76

Toronto - @WordsOfWisdom or @BluPuk or @hobie

Jets - @Hatrik98 or @Podein25

Sabres - @Hockey Junkie

Senators - @ScottM

Canadiens - @MrDanglez67 or @habsguy26

That would be ideal.  It would only take 5-10 minutes of everyone's time.  Then it would be a true Mock Draft ......

Come on everyone .....lets get it done!  :)

Don't forget the Blues for @Hockey Junkie as well. Between their two picks and the Sabres, he could have a good time with this. We could start fairly soon, too, as only picks 30 and 31 are still up in the air.

50 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Don't forget the Blues for @Hockey Junkie as well. Between their two picks and the Sabres, he could have a good time with this. We could start fairly soon, too, as only picks 30 and 31 are still up in the air.

Start telling him when the draft is now so he doesn't blow up the site afterward

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

if ok with @hf101 I'll try to have a draft list over the weekend

@CMtt1

@jammer2

@FD19372

@AJgoal

respond below any teams you would like to draft for and like l said above over the weekend I will get a list together.

I'm ok with taking any teams on, the specific team or numbers don't matter, I assume the Flyers are gone...

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

The Wild don't have a first round pick this year as they traded it away.    :rage:

Ahh ..did not not know that...really did not look at all the teams yet.....  I know the Caps also do not have a 1st round pick

I'll do the Leafs if available but I need to know when this would happen as I'm usually only available after 2 PM PST/5PM EST. 

6 minutes ago, hobie said:

I'll do the Leafs if available but I need to know when this would happen as I'm usually only available after 2 PM PST/5PM EST. 

Last year we did it in thread: 

On 6/2/2017 at 7:41 AM, hf101 said:

Anyone else interested?  8-10 members would be ideal.     We probably need to get started with this next week.  If anyone would like any specific teams to draft please post below.

I'm going to be going away on vacation for a bit. :)

All,

Let's try and get this started on Sunday as @pilldoc and I will post the list.  I should be able to get a page up on the site by then.  We should be able to allow 12 hr windows as needed too.  Basically, we just want to be done before the NHL begins the official draft.

Hopefully by late Saturday a few more members will decide if they want to participate and draft for their favorite team.

Archived