HF.net Team Vegas Mock Draft

hf101

HF.net Mock Vegas Golden Knights Draft  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to Participate in choosing the Vegas Golden Knights Mock team?

3RW selection will be Dmitrij Jaskin from the Blues.

I think he's signed for $1M next year and then RFA. A guy who has all of the tools but hasn't blossomed yet. He was all over the ice in the Blues vs Predators second round series, if he can build on that performance he can be a very solid third line guy, maybe a weak second liner for stretches. 

@BobbyClarkeFan16 is up again.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Las Vegas selects from the San Jose Sharks, left winger Mikkel Boedker. I fully expect him to rebound in Vegas and it's clear he wasn't a good fit in San Jose. With that being said, Boedker is a defensively subs player's with some decent offensive skills. He'll be a good fit on this club and if he rebounds, McPhee has another trade chip in his pocket. Hf101 pm'd.

50 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I expected @pilldoc to possibly go Grubauer in net, cheap contract, chance to be good and when he didnt it made my choice easy.

I really thought about Grubauer as you can tell from my post above. Pickard also comes on the cheap. It really came down to a coin toss, In my personal mock, I also took Grubauer.   I believe Vegas flips/trades whoever does not win the back-up job.

45 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I probably would have saved Grubauer as a 3rd or 4th goalie pick up for Vegas as I think they will draft more than 3 goalies making trades to the highest bidders.  .

McPhee just might pick more than 3 goalies and hold them for hostage.Trading whomever is left, to the highest bidder.

Just now, pilldoc said:

I really thought about Grubauer as you can tell from my post above. Pickard also comes on the cheap. It really came down to a coin toss, In my personal mock, I also took Grubauer.   I believe Vegas flips/trades whoever does not win the back-up job.

McPhee just might pick more than 3 goalies and hold them for hostage.Trading whomever is left, to the highest bidder.

I don't think he picks guys without having a deal in place, but I do think his extra selections will favor goalie and defence to use in trades.

I'm going to pick Trevor van Riemsdyke from the Blackhawks with a cap hit of .825M.    The Hawks really want to unload Kruger, heh. stick them with the cap issues.  :haha:

@FD19372  is on the clock with a 4C selection.

1 hour ago, Honest Bender said:

I agree with the Schmidt pick. He's an underrated defenseman who has potential to shine on an expansion team. One thing is sure though, this team isn't going to be nearly as good as many people think. I know the rules seems very favorable to Vegas and a lot of people are speculating that they will be competitive right away, a bubble playoff team... I really think they'll end up a lot closer to the bottom of the league than they will to a playoff spot. They will be good enough to not get embarrassed every night, better than what we usually think of as "expansion" teams, but not really competitive. 

As I study and learn on the fly about things Vegas Golden Knights :59474cfb820e2_GoldenKnightssm: [Ed. note: :)]  

I don't see them being a bubble playoff team either. I see them initially 

being more a wheeling and dealing operation similar to what @BobbyClarkeFan16 

posted. Perhaps with a couple of the goaltenders, from among the relatively 

good crop available, that they could snag along the way and toward

expansion draft end depending on how picks shake out. 

The expansion draft rules do seem favorable in some respects, but they're still  

gonna work out in a way that will likely keep Vegas from

being dangerous at first. Not gonna get even a proven pretty good player 

from each team. 

And the rules have other issues too! For example I want to know why 

the NHL isn't mandating the Golden Knights take both 

Gaborik and Brown from LA! :kings: We fans, this team, needs

less overpriced escalating headache as it gears up to try to 

make the playoffs again. :P :hockey: :CelebratingSmiley:

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm going to pick Trevor van Riemsdyke from the Blackhawks with a cap hit of .825M.    The Hawks really want to unload Kruger, heh. stick them with the cap issues.  :haha:

yup...my thoughts exactly. Love the pick.

With the 16th pick, the Las Vegas Golden Knights select Andreas Anthanasiou, 4C from the Detroit Red Wings. He has a cap hit of $628,333. AJgoal, you're on the clock.

12 minutes ago, hf101 said:

:lol: 

Take that, Chicago! 

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

With the 16th pick, the Las Vegas Golden Knights select Andreas Anthanasiou, 4C from the Detroit Red Wings. He has a cap hit of $628,333.

No, Athanasiou was on the Wings keeper list.

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

No, Athanasiou was on the Wings keeper list.

With the 16th pick, the Las Vegas Golden Knights select, Trevor Lewis (4C) , from the LA Kings.He carries a $2,000,000 cap hit.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Beat me to it.

I about had a heart attack when I saw Athanasiou picked, lol. The kid was a highlight reel (one of the few) for my boys and I thought, Oh no, Holland couldnt have left him exposed, could he? I checked two lists to make certain that he was kept before my heart started beating properly again, lol

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

I about had a heart attack when I saw Athanasiou picked, lol. The kid was a highlight reel (one of the few) for my boys and I thought, Oh no, Holland couldnt have left him exposed, could he? I checked two lists to make certain that he was kept before my heart started beating properly again, lol

Sorry, buddy. I guess I misread. The name jumped out at me, and for as amazingly talented as Andreas is, I thought Holland was going senile and exposed him to the draft.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Sorry, buddy. I guess I misread. The name jumped out at me, and for as amazingly talented as Andreas is, I thought Holland was going senile and exposed him to the draft.

Holland has been falling asleep face first in his oatmeal at team meetings for three or four years, lol. That is why I thought that I missed something with AA. I figured that Holland probably protected Yzerman or federov instead,:rage:

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Holland has been falling asleep face first in his oatmeal at team meetings for three or four years, lol. That is why I thought that I missed something with AA. I figured that Holland probably protected Yzerman or federov instead,:rage:

What about Kozlov???:lol:

After reviewing the available lists, specifically the one for Montreal, and with approximately 35 million in cap space remaining, Las Vegas selects unrestricted free agent Alexander Radulov. Risky picking a UFA, but I think Vegas can come to an agreement and add a talented winger to their draft.

Contracts: 14

Total Cap Hit: 40.53

@pilldoc is on the clock, looking for a LW.

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

After reviewing the available lists, specifically the one for Montreal, and with approximately 35 million in cap space remaining, Las Vegas selects unrestricted free agent Alexander Radulov. Risky picking a UFA, but I think Vegas can come to an agreement and add a talented winger to their draft.

Contracts: 14

Total Cap Hit: 40.53

@pilldoc is on the clock, looking for a LW.

Wow going for the home run. Best UFA in this years market, either Radulov or Shattenkirk. If this occurs, the offseason of Montreal's discontent will continue.

Just now, yave1964 said:

Wow going for the home run. Best UFA in this years market, either Radulov or Shattenkirk. If this occurs, the offseason of Montreal's discontent will continue.

Yup. Radulov may be the best available forward in the entire draft, and I was wholly unimpressed with what Montreal had to offer. Might as well swing for the fences.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Yup. Radulov may be the best available forward in the entire draft, and I was wholly unimpressed with what Montreal had to offer. Might as well swing for the fences.

Soooo.... Radulov is all about the money and not the Cup eh?    :tongue:

I'm already not impressed with the name and logo/uniform for Vegas. Other than non-traditional markets sticking together, I have no interest in rooting for this team... And if they land Radulov then they go straight up my dislike list. 

Though in a way it would be good to give Nashville fans something to hate on right out of the gate, it would at least make the first seasons a little more interesting before any real hate can build up.

Wow!  Slim pickings for the 4LW spot.  Looked at what was left left from the available teams and there was nothing that jumped out at you and said ..."pick me" :drool:

I did manage to come across a few names that might tempt Vegas.  In no particular order except alphabetical:

Anaheim: Nicholas Kerdiles (face it...there is some type of deal to protect Vantanen and Manson)

Boston: Matt Belesky ...with that contract...a 1000x NO

Buffalo: Moulson ..again with that contract ...1000x NO

Buffalo: William Carrier

Columbus: Matt Calvert

Toronto: Kirby Rychel

Toronto: Brendan Leipsic

Other notable LW not listed above, Patrick Sharp / Mike Cammalleri.  Vegas is not interested in these two at the time simply because of their age and contract / price tag.

I honestly think it is a 3 man race at this point.  Kerdiles / Carrier / Rychel

And the pick is .........

William Carrier (LW) - Buffalo Sabres

A gritty, fast skating player, who has a bit of scoring touch would certainly be welcomed by the Knights.  At one point last year with the Sabres he was promoted to the top line.  Only age 22 and a cap hit of only $689K, he could help form a formidable 4th line for the Knights.

Besides from what I have read, Sabres fans REALLY want to rid themselves of Moulson's contract the same way Flyer fans want Vegas to take McDud.

Let them lose a young player for once and eat the big contract........

@yave1964 you are now on the clock for the Knights - 5D.

Just now, hf101 said:

Soooo.... Radulov is all about the money and not the Cup eh?    :tongue:

He has a better chance at both in Vegas vs. Montreal...

Archived