PEGULA CREATED SABRES MESS, NOW HE NEEDS TO FIX IT THEN GET OUT OF THE WAY

flyercanuck

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Looks like Pegula is going shopping in Pittsburgh? Wonder if Tocchet will put up with Eichel's whining?

I don't know, but at least Tocchet doesn't have any hair to lose if he has to put up with that bunch.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hardly. You have a complete mess in Buffalo and Pegula is still there. 

Well if not having a goalie in place with a rebuilding club is a complete mess, then I would agree.  But that is a bit extreme.  Pegula has his GM and coach and it is now out of his hands.  Well, other than agreeing to pay X amount of dollars to certain free agents that may pop up on the new GM's radar.  I think the goalie issue is tops for them right now.  And then fixing the D.  The offense will be ok because the guys they will depend on are mainly young guys like Eichel and Reinhart and some others but its a certainty that they will pursue free agents.  There are a few situations where teams have two starting goalies as in Pittsburgh and LA and we know that is not going to hold.  Fluery is not going to warm the bench with his butt when he can be starting somewhere.  Nor Bishop.  I sure hope this new GM and Housley are smart enough to know Gorges has to go.  Gionta?  Not sure what to do with him.  Maybe if he wants to play, you let him play one more year?  Not sure about the situation with Okposo.  Alot of Hush Hush on that subject on specifics.  The Hippa law sure holds up even against the scrutiny of the mass media.

59 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well if not having a goalie in place with a rebuilding club is a complete mess, then I would agree.  But that is a bit extreme.  Pegula has his GM and coach and it is now out of his hands.  Well, other than agreeing to pay X amount of dollars to certain free agents that may pop up on the new GM's radar.  I think the goalie issue is tops for them right now.  And then fixing the D.  The offense will be ok because the guys they will depend on are mainly young guys like Eichel and Reinhart and some others but its a certainty that they will pursue free agents.  There are a few situations where teams have two starting goalies as in Pittsburgh and LA and we know that is not going to hold.  Fluery is not going to warm the bench with his butt when he can be starting somewhere.  Nor Bishop.  I sure hope this new GM and Housley are smart enough to know Gorges has to go.  Gionta?  Not sure what to do with him.  Maybe if he wants to play, you let him play one more year?  Not sure about the situation with Okposo.  Alot of Hush Hush on that subject on specifics.  The Hippa law sure holds up even against the scrutiny of the mass media.

That's all fair.  I'm not excited about the choice of coach, but time will tell there.   They already went the "experienced coach" route, so why not a rookie.

Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with the goalie situation there either.   I've never been a fan of Lehner.   I suppose even he's still in "wait and see" territory given his age but I'm just not impressed even when he was still in Ottawa.   It's a shame because his save percentage last year, at .924, was more than respectable.  It just seems he picks really inopportune times to give up a clunky goal. 

You could do worse.  You could be going into a season with Neuvirth as your starter.

Okposo:  I've admitted this to you before, but I'll repeat:  you argued his signing was a good one and I didn't like.   I was wrong.  It's amazing how quiet they've been about his condition but really hoping the best for the kid.

Yeah, Buffalo's still a work in progress.  It's not a mess ("mess" was to troll).  They're heading in the right direction and Okposo was really unfortunate.   They're getting there, but still a risky move with the coach. 

On 4/23/2017 at 8:22 PM, ruxpin said:

That's just it. I think they largely had this on schedule. And then got fired for it. 

I haven't liked all of Murray's moves, but I thought he deserved longer.  By the way, I didn't like the Okposo signing and I know he's facing health issues, but up until then he turned out really well. I didn't think he took enough advantage of being next to Tavares. I'm starting to think maybe that wasn't Okposo's fault. 

Anyway, I think it's a really quick and unnecessary trigger on Murray. 

I've no problem with the firing of Bylsma, despite the fact it's 4 coaches in a very short period of time.. You've sounded like you didn't like him. I don't either.  Do you suppose it was that hire that cost Murray his job?  Or did he fight Pegula about firing him?  I just wonder if the coach situation is what cost the GM his job rather than the on ice personnel. 

Thoughts? 

Yes I do believe Bylsma cost Murray his job! Ray Shero was released by the Pens for  firing Bylsma! 

On 6/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, ruxpin said:

That's all fair.  I'm not excited about the choice of coach, but time will tell there.   They already went the "experienced coach" route, so why not a rookie.

Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with the goalie situation there either.   I've never been a fan of Lehner.   I suppose even he's still in "wait and see" territory given his age but I'm just not impressed even when he was still in Ottawa.   It's a shame because his save percentage last year, at .924, was more than respectable.  It just seems he picks really inopportune times to give up a clunky goal. 

You could do worse.  You could be going into a season with Neuvirth as your starter.

Okposo:  I've admitted this to you before, but I'll repeat:  you argued his signing was a good one and I didn't like.   I was wrong.  It's amazing how quiet they've been about his condition but really hoping the best for the kid.

Yeah, Buffalo's still a work in progress.  It's not a mess ("mess" was to troll).  They're heading in the right direction and Okposo was really unfortunate.   They're getting there, but still a risky move with the coach. 

I have seen enough of Lehner to know he is not good at stopping breakaways like Miller was.  He is never going to be Miller or Hasek.  Forget it.  Get rid of him now

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I have seen enough of Lehner to know he is not good at stopping breakaways like Miller was.  He is never going to be Miller or Hasek.  Forget it.  Get rid of him now

I'm not a fan of Lehner either, but if this is your benchmark, you might be going through a lot of goalies.   I mean, Hasek nor Miller is no Brodeur or Roy ( :VeryCool:) but that's a pretty high mark to reach.

Archived