• Senators in 7
    • Rangers sweep 4-0
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pageau now has a 3 goal game in previous playoffs and a 4 goal game last night, including the beautiful OT winner to boot. This kid shows up when it matters. One of my favourite players in the league.  1st player to score 4 in a playoff game since Franzen in 2010. I would imagine Pageau got himself on a pretty short but notable list.

Got me curious...so took a peak....

MOST GOALS, ONE GAME
  5 Newsy Lalonde, Montreal, March 1, 1919, at Montreal. Final score: Montreal 6, Ottawa 3.
  Maurice Richard, Montreal, March 23, 1944, at Montreal. Final score: Montreal 5, Toronto 1.
  Darryl Sittler, Toronto, April 22, 1976, at Toronto. Final score: Toronto 8, Philadelphia 5.
  Reggie Leach, Philadelphia, May 6, 1976, at Philadelphia. Final score: Philadelphia 6, Boston 3.
  Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh, April 25, 1989, at Pittsburgh. Final score: Pittsburgh 10, Philadelphia 7.
MOST GOALS, ONE PERIOD
  4 Tim Kerr, Philadelphia, April 13, 1985, at NY Rangers, second period. Final score: Philadelphia 6, NY Rangers 5.

Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh, April 25, 1989, at Pittsburgh, first period. Final score: Pittsburgh 10, Philadelphia 7.

WOW, Kerr and Lemieux with 4 in ONE PERIOD??  Forgot about those gems but remember them now that I think about it. lot's of Flyers in there, for and against!!

Game two has to be a very hard pill to swallow for the Rangers.  Up two goals late and Lundqvist in net, you have to figure it was in the bag.   Great comeback by the Sens and one of the great individual performances of all time by Pageau. 

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Got me curious...so took a peak....

MOST GOALS, ONE GAME
  5 Newsy Lalonde, Montreal, March 1, 1919, at Montreal. Final score: Montreal 6, Ottawa 3.
  Maurice Richard, Montreal, March 23, 1944, at Montreal. Final score: Montreal 5, Toronto 1.
  Darryl Sittler, Toronto, April 22, 1976, at Toronto. Final score: Toronto 8, Philadelphia 5.
  Reggie Leach, Philadelphia, May 6, 1976, at Philadelphia. Final score: Philadelphia 6, Boston 3.
  Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh, April 25, 1989, at Pittsburgh. Final score: Pittsburgh 10, Philadelphia 7.
MOST GOALS, ONE PERIOD
  4   Tim
Tim Kerr, Philadelphia, April 13, 1985, at NY Rangers, second period. Final score: Philadelphia 6, NY Rangers 5.
Kerr, Philadelphia, April 13, 1985, at NY Rangers, second period. Final score: Philadelphia 6, NY Rangers 5.

Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh, April 25, 1989, at Pittsburgh, first period. Final score: Pittsburgh 10, Philadelphia 7.

WOW, Kerr and Lemieux with 4 in ONE PERIOD??  Forgot about those gems but remember them now that I think about it. lot's of Flyers in there, for and against!!

The Sultan of Slot!

1 hour ago, canoli said:

Rags looked like a different team last night much faster, hungry for the puck. I'm still convinced it's Rangers in 6. 

I hear ya, canoli, but I feel like the Rangers should have won one of those 2 games in Ottawa, and the series was decided right there. I also think that Ottawa is playing their best hockey right now, with guys like Pageau stepping up. Their team is really rallying and playing very hard in front of Anderson as well, after what he and his wife have been through on a personal level. with her battle against cancer. I think the Sens take the series in 6.

Another convincing win at home now let's see if the Sens can regroup Saturday. I doubt it NY is just steamrolling over them even the Sens' wins were both kinda flukey. Ya i still think Rags in 6.

Okay, I need a rules clarification.  When a player makes a clear kicking motion to kick a puck, what has to happen prior to the puck entering the net to make it a good goal.    

On the game tying goal in game 5, Brassard clearly kicks the puck, it then deflect off  the leg of a Ranger on one side of the goal, then  hits the skate of another Ranger on the other side, and then goes in the net.  Neither player even realized they touched the puck.

https://www.nhl.com/video/brassards-late-game-tying-goal/t-289074202/c-51854103

14 hours ago, nossagog said:

Okay, I need a rules clarification.  When a player makes a clear kicking motion to kick a puck, what has to happen prior to the puck entering the net to make it a good goal.    

On the game tying goal in game 5, Brassard clearly kicks the puck, it then deflect off  the leg of a Ranger on one side of the goal, then  hits the skate of another Ranger on the other side, and then goes in the net.  Neither player even realized they touched the puck.

I haven't seen a clear replay but it looks like he may have got that off his stick, I'm not sure...if not....

If that puck goes directly into the net, it's likely no goal. But it deflects off a few different players before going in...so good goal.

Just now, nossagog said:

Yeah, it can't get kicked straight in or off the goalie. Once it's touched by another player it's no longer an issue.

Rangers on the brink.........

Yet somehow...I can't shake this feeling that this series is far from over.

Neither NY nor Ott has proven to be particularly dominant over the other, so this thing could still turn the Rangers' way.

I like what the Sens have done thus far, and win or lose in this series, they have FAR surpassed expectations for this season.

I just wonder if they can duplicate and/or better it next year.

It's interesting seeing the reaction of the fans to Neil's inclusion and his impact on the game. After fans have been saying since before the playoffs that he should be included for his physicality, he was picked and was physical. That he drew a penalty and caused the Sens to miss a PP is made up by the energy created by his taking out of Glass, which could be linked to their two goals they scored not long after. However, his impact is very overstated- as many people pointed out, he still only spent two and a half minutes on the ice, none of which were in the third period.

It was a fun game, and it would be interesting to see if the Sens manage to get a win together on the road.

Rags have 20 minutes to get 2, force OT. I'm surprised by [what looks to me like] a lack of desperation through 40 minutes. This isn't the same team that ran over the Sens in G3 and G4. Then again to be fair the Sens have upped their game in a big way. Karlsson - what can you say he's a game-changer but all the skaters look focused and hungry for the puck.

Ha! I'm about to type where's Kreider and Nash and Kreider scores a breakaway goal.

Archived