Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Capitals sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins sweep 4=0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

1 hour ago, Corky Molloy said:

Congratulations to the Penguins. Now I hope they win the next series and go on to win the Stanley Cup. 

I don't :P But yeah, the odds are they'll get over the Sens. How they'll go against the Western champions is another issue entirely.

46 minutes ago, Corky Molloy said:

Oh, that's ok, nothing really bothers me. Except when the Cowboys beat the Eagles. But I get over that rather quickly also. And I love a great Philly cheesesteak too. 

For a long time I thought that a cheesesteak was some sort of fried cheese concoction. I was disappointed when I found out it was a type of sandwich

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Hmm...so not only do the Caps NOT advance again, but they have to sit on their thumbs during the draft until the 4th freakin round, and HOPE they get a player that maybe, perhaps, will help get them over the hump?

Oh my...could be dark days coming up for the Caps...especially if Ovie blows his top one day and GIVES back money for the team to move him to a team that could use him and his playoff prowess...like the Blues.... :ph34r:

It's incredible that such a talented team leaves the playoffs this soon year after year.

Given their recent success in the regular season, I'm unsure what they can do, how much

they can do, to improve their lineup. They already have, and have had, a team that's

equipped enough to win a Cup. It's just not happening for them.

Blame Fleury and the post for tonight's loss. But what = the real problem year after year? 

I imagine clinical psychologists in DC will see another uptick in business, as clinical psychs

in Anaheim will lament the first downturn in years :) , so maybe some useful insight will

appear and prove fruitful. :scratcheshead:

It's gotta crush the team to come back from two games down only to go

scoreless at home in the clincher. :bonkingheadonwall:

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

they say a picture is worth a 1000 words .....

z05-005.JPG?uuid=bENIAjXxEeerA6op9lbxPg

I believe that this is when Holtby found out that Ovie forgot to book their next round at the Golf Club at Landsdowne

5 hours ago, BluPuk said:

LOL. The great eight. Maybe he can play for Russia in the worlds - IF they want him.....

I think Ovechkin has some issue where he won't be joining Russia at the Worlds.

But it's ok...Nikita Kucherov, Vladislav Namestnikov, and Andrei Vasilevskiy will continue to anchor the Russian team! ;)

16 hours ago, ruxpin said:

What a game. 

I'm so glad. Poor delusional Caps fans. (I don't mean you Corky. Sorry) 

I'm blaming you when the Penguins are the first team in forever to repeat. Seriously. You smarmy jerk. The only thing that can save us now is a prediction by someone who is not me that the Pens will win the Cup.

OK, fine. You're not smarmy.

Jerk.

16 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Honestly, I really wanted to like it. I kept trying it. It just doesn't work for me. 

Btw, Pat's really isn't that great a steak. But I'll still take it over Primanti's.  Although I'll take the actual restaurant over Pat's. 

I have a lot of friends who really like it, so I know it's just a personal preference thing for me. 

Pat's really isn't. There are many better places than Pat's/Genos for steaks.

But Pat's IS 10x better than Primanti's.

22 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Honestly, the most overrated place on the planet. 

My daughter went to school in Pitt.  And honestly, i tried several times. I'm one of those "when in Rome" idiots.  It was okay the first time (Market Square) and never really enjoyed it afterward. The bread and fries were just a mushy tasteless mess to me. 

Just to me. I know far more people that would disagree than agree with me. 

But I'll take a cheese steak 100 times over it .

The veal parm deal or the chicken parm deal at the "O" is the true pgh junk food connoisseur's treat.

Primanti's were good, and traveled well. They hold up well with no refrigeration on the four-hour trip home. The O fries and parm sammich don't.

9 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The veal parm deal or the chicken parm deal at the "O" is the true pgh junk food connoisseur's treat.

Primanti's were good, and traveled well. They hold up well with no refrigeration on the four-hour trip home. The O fries and parm sammich don't.

Hummm, are you talking what was know as the "Dirty O" that was right of Forbes Avenue on the Pitt campus?  I must admit that its been many a year since I've been down in the dahntahn area of the 'burgh since I moved out of the area. 

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Hummm, are you talking what was know as the "Dirty O" that was right of Forbes Avenue on the Pitt campus?  I must admit that its been many a year since I've been down in the dahntahn area of the 'burgh since I moved out of the area. 

Is that even still there, @mojo1917?    I didn't realize it was.  Right there across from the law school  Forbes and Bouquett or Banquet or something.

I'm not huge on it but I've never had the parm there. Just the hot dogs.   In the unlikely event I'm ever down there again, I'll check it out.

Pittsburgh itself has such horrible memories -- none that are actually the fault of Pittsburgh in any way -- it's really not likely.

33 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Is that even still there, @mojo1917?    I didn't realize it was.  Right there across from the law school  Forbes and Bouquett or Banquet or something.

I'm not huge on it but I've never had the parm there. Just the hot dogs.   In the unlikely event I'm ever down there again, I'll check it out.

Pittsburgh itself has such horrible memories -- none that are actually the fault of Pittsburgh in any way -- it's really not likely.

I'll date myself a little bit here, but when I was in the 'burgh hot dogs were the ONLY thing they served there.  That was one of the places to go after the bars closed to get a bite to eat. 

Archived