Flyers (now drafting #2 overall) and the 2017 NHL Draft (now with Poll)

pilldoc

With the #2 overall pick in the NHL 2017 Draft...What do you want the Flyers to do?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. If available, I want the Flyers to ......

• select Nico Hischier (C/RW) - Halifax
    • select Nolan Patrick (C) - Brandon
    • select Gabriel Vilardi (C) - Windsor
    • select other
    • Trade Pick to highest bidder for Kings Ransom

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

My favorite part: Hextall not thanking anyone.

Just rocks up the the mic, and makes the pick

Only thing cooler would have been if he did the "drop the mic" thing.

9 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I love it!  I was never sold on Hischier.  Patrick has been at the top of the rankings for his draft class for a long time.  And I like that he said he wanted to fall to #2 so he could play for the Flyers!!

I'm with you.  Patrick looks like he has potential to be a leader.  Hischier looks like he might be a hotdog that's worried about himself.  Id like to have a hotdog like that, but I think the flyers will need a powerful, leading center in the near future more than a possible winger.

If you told me last year this time the flyers would get Patrick I would never have believed you. Now I feel a little down as I wanted Nico. However I am reminded that the Flyers moved from 13 to get second and grabbed Patrick so real just thankful of the Flyers good fortune. 

5 minutes ago, icehole said:

I'm with you.  Patrick looks like he has potential to be a leader.  Hischier looks like he might be a hotdog that's worried about himself.  Id like to have a hotdog like that, but I think the flyers will need a powerful, leading center in the near future more than a possible winger.

Ridiculous statement saying Hischier might be a hotdog.   Obviously you haven't heard him talk or heard his back story or watched any of the hilights of him.    I am happy with Nolan Patrick I just hope he is not a bubble boy.

I'm neither upset or happy about the pick. It is what it is - the Flyers selected the top rated player for this draft. Really can't blame them. Hopefully the major injuries are a thing of the past. That's one thing that still has me concerned.

9 minutes ago, icehole said:

The guy is 18 freakin' years old, for God sake. There's a long line of 18 year olds who can be labeled a hot dog, whether they play hockey or not. Give me a break. Hischier is mega talented, as is Patrick. I'm more worried about Patrick's injury history, but they should both be outstanding players.

1 minute ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Ridiculous statement saying Hischier might be a hotdog.   Obviously you haven't heard him talk or heard his back story or watched any of the hilights of him.    I am happy with Nolan Patrick I just hope he is not a bubble boy.

You're right...i don't know his back story.  I'm just looking at his game.  I'm not saying he's OV hotdog.  He just looks like a guy that will keep to himself and do his thing (like a lot of European players).  I want a leader in the center.  I know Hischier is a center, but he'll probably be a smaller center, or maybe a wing one day.

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Glad Flyers got Nolan ....so was the story about Flyers being concerned with his health a smoke screen???

No,  Hextall said the personal meeting he had with Nolan was to talk about his health issues.   Or that is what Hextall is saying.

51 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Glad Flyers got Nolan ....so was the story about Flyers being concerned with his health a smoke screen???

Hexy said he wasn't concerned with Patrick's health because they have Jim McCrossin to handle anything that comes up.:flyers:

On 6/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, brelic said:

Really?

I mean, I get it in theory. But with Provorov and Ghost as 'established' NHLers in the sense that they have graduated to the NHL, Morin and Hagg likely making the jump this year, we're gonna be fine and that doesn't preclude us drafting more defensemen this year and moving forward. Add Myers to that group.

I'm just thinking the opportunity to have Patrick and Hischier - our version of Kane and Toews - for the next decade plus, sounds pretty appealing. I think Sanheim is definitely worth that. Provorov, no. Sanheim, yes.

I get it. I wouldn't do this. Keep in mind that I'm writing this about 2 hours after new jersey and Philly actually made their picks. But I really don't think either player is worth Sanheim. I'll wait for better before playing that card. 

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Hexy said he wasn't concerned with Patrick's health because they have Jim McCrossin to handle anything that comes up.:flyers:

Sami you win the internet for today.

hilarious

Archived