2017 IIHF World Championships

hf101

The 2017 IIHF World Championships start today. 

Let's put all discussions in this topic.

The IIHF has set up a YouTube channel with free live streams of the games. Access to the broadcasts is subject to region blocking.

5 hours ago, hf101 said:

I'd like to see a better clip of Giroux in that.  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

“That’s expected, that’s the way he plays,” Giroux said of Gudas. “Let’s just say that during the season I’m happy he’s on my team.”

Meanwhile, Gudas made it known that he’s going to play hard no matter what.

“I’m not gonna take it easy on anyone,” Gudas said. “We’re in different jerseys right now…We’re gonna laugh about it after for sure.”

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Has Giroux been diagnosed with a concussion yet :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

No but Coots is out already with what it hasn't been revealed yet. Great another reason so he can have a shiity start next year...

Just goes to show how well everyone has performed when a real coach has given them a chance to play in a structured system that's not all about running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I hope Hakstol takes away some important lessons after being an assistant on Jon Cooper's staff.

36 minutes ago, hf101 said:

:goodjob:

I was at the WJ game when Canada beat Slovakia to go on to the Gold Medal game. Godla was in net for the Slovaks and Canada just shellacked him in shots and won 5-1. He kept them in it all game, but for some reason they gave the Player of the Game to a defenceman. All us Canadian fans stood and chanted Goalie! Goalie! Goalie! It was one of the coolest moments I've experienced as a fan.

Awesome on Bellemare.

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Gudas...still making friends at the Worlds...

Voracek took a high hit and was pulled from his game. Apparently ok and will practice today.

Love it!!!! Keep doing what you do Radko!!!

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Giroux gets into a shoving match with...Bellemare, after he took one too many whacks at the goalie...and he scored Canadas 2nd goal.

That dirty bastard!!! Trade his arse to the Whalers ASAP!!!

Archived