Sabres and Rangers for the 2018 Winter Classic

hf101

cut.jpg

Sabres vs Rangers for the Jan 1, 2018 Winter Classic.  

I can't believe that it will already be the 10th anniversary of the Winter Classic.

• hf101 changed the title to Sabres and Rangers for the 2018 Winter Classic
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2017 at 9:23 PM, Samifan said:

I think the game is in NYC. Mets stadium

So its like the old Shea stadium, I assume its in Queens?  Not sure.  I am sure many Buffalo fans will make the trip. If I decide to go to my daughters in Hoboken I could wind up there?  Too soon to say.   There never has been much of a rivalry with the Rangers.  I would say Boston and Montreal are more of our rivals than anyone.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So its like the old Shea stadium, I assume its in Queens?  Not sure.  I am sure many Buffalo fans will make the trip. If I decide to go to my daughters in Hoboken I could wind up there?  Too soon to say.   There never has been much of a rivalry with the Rangers.  I would say Boston and Montreal are more of our rivals than anyone.

I would think Boston would be your number one nemesis after Lucic ran over the demi god Ryan Miller a few seasons ago.

Then again, if Lucic running over a deity like Miller is an unforgivable act that will be taken to the grave, then I think the OILERS should be the Sabres' biggest rival as far as you would be concerned, no?  ;)

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I would think Boston would be your number one nemesis after Lucic ran over the demi god Ryan Miller a few seasons ago.

Then again, if Lucic running over a deity like Miller is an unforgivable act that will be taken to the grave, then I think the OILERS should be the Sabres' biggest rival as far as you would be concerned, no?  ;)

My biggest gripe with Edmonton is when they jacked up the price on Thomas Vanek and made us match their offer.  But outside of that, we rarely see them so no rivalry at all.  In the East its Montreal, Boston and Ottawa.  The Flyers have been a few times over the years but we do not see much of them any more either.

Archived