Eastern Conference Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators

pilldoc

Eastern Conferenc Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series and goes to the SCF?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators sweep 4-0
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Wow ... did not see this coming..... 5-0 Sens over Pens.  Looks like Game #4 is a must for Pens.  If there is one thing to learn in these playoffs is that the team on the short end of a lopsided score came back to win the following game. I would expect a 3-2 Pens in Game #4 .....just my guess....

I'm not so sure of that, after noticing more what Boucher is doing with these line matchups and having the last change I see the Senators winning both of these at home.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm not so sure of that, after noticing more what Boucher is doing with these line matchups and having the last change I see the Senators winning both of these at home.

Oh..I'm sure you are probably right.  I was just making an observation based on what I have seen so far.

Game 2: Penguins 6, Capitals 2 (PIT leads series 2-0)
Game 3: Capitals 3, Penguins 2 (OT) (PIT leads series 2-1)

Game 6: Capitals 5, Penguins 0 (series tied 3-3)
Game 7: Penguins 2, Capitals 0 (PIT wins series 4-3)

Game 4: Rangers 4, Senators 1 (series tied 2-2)
Game 5: Senators 5, Rangers 4 (OT) (OTT leads series 3-2)

Game 6: Oilers 7, Ducks 1 (series tied 3-3)
Game 7: Ducks 2, Oilers 1 (ANA wins series 4-3)

Game 4: Sharks 7, Oilers 0 (series tied 2-2)
Game 5: Oilers 4, Sharks 3 (OT) (EDM leads series 3-2)

Matter of fact the only time it did not happen was Preds/Hawks.

Game 2: Predators 5, Blackhawks 0 (NSH leads series 2-0)
Game 3: Predators 3, Blackhawks 2 (OT) (NSH leads series 3-0)

Again just an observation.  Sens are playing extremely well and have the Pens on their heels.  They very easily could be up 3-0 on Pens.  Game $ should be a doozie :)

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Ok forum Pens fans, who starts in goal game 4?

I could be completely wrong here..but I say the Pens start MAF. Murray has not played at all  and IMO could be rusty.

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I could be completely wrong here..but I say the Pens start MAF. Murray has not played at all  and IMO could be rusty.

Murray was very solid in relief tonight and made some big saves.  

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Again just an observation.  Sens are playing extremely well and have the Pens on their heels.  They very easily could be up 3-0 on Pens.  Game $ should be a doozie :)

The Senators have won the last 4 games on home ice after losing the first one on home ice to the Bruins.  Pittsburgh will come back and play a better game for sure, but I think Ottawa will get the win.

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

I think you go back to Fleury, as this is not a goalie problem.    First goal takes a weird bounce off the boards. Second goal bounces off of Cole.  Third and fourth goals are awful defense.    The problems the Pens are having now is a result of having a banged up defense.    Its not like Fleury is letting in softies.  

The Pens have come out slow in almost every game this post season, if they can't modify their game to come out in the first with some intensity, they the Sens will continue to take the lead and dictate play.   Also, the Pens again went passive with the hitting last night, they really need Hornqvist back to put some physicality in their game. They are letting up every time they have the chance to hit the Sens defense(with the exception of Wilson and Kunitz). 

Yeah, playoff Fluery hasn't made an appearance yet in this playoffs. In fact, I think the Pens would be out by now if not for him.

Kessel, "Jesus Christ did you see the size of that nacho plate the guy sitting behind Fleury is eating? Why can't we get that size? All catering gives us is the stupid lunchable size nachos. It's bullshit that the fans get bigger portions."

On 5/17/2017 at 10:41 PM, Samifan said:

Fleury. The only reason it's even a question is because the "back up" happens to be a guy who won a Cup last year. If the Pens' back-up is...say...Grubauer...it's not even a question.

I do agree with others on this point - it's a shorter leash for MAF for the exact same reason (i.e. - a more than capable "back-up").

On 5/17/2017 at 4:51 PM, nossagog said:

Hornqvist, Rust and Shultz ruled out for game three.  From the sounds of it, Daley will be back in the lineup, and Mark Streit is also going to be in there.  Playing with seven on defense tonight, probably as a precaution, and also for Streit to play the power play point. 

Same line-up tonight. Rust, Schultz and Hornqvist out. 7 defensemen. 

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ruh roh...

Does this mean we are back to breaking out the torches and pitchforks for Fleury again???

Honestly, I'd blame the skaters in front of him before Fleury himself for that last debacle against the Sens....

The loss in Gm 3 definitely wasn't Fleury's fault. Shoddy D and some bad bounces did the Pens in. 

I heard Rust, Schultz and Hornqvist are still out but have the Pens given any update on Doc Emrick? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

The loss in Gm 3 definitely wasn't Fleury's fault. Shoddy D and some bad bounces did the Pens in. 

I heard Rust, Schultz and Hornqvist are still out but have the Pens given any update on Doc Emrick? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

I haven't heard anything on the waffling, shuffleboarding, knifing, and spirited away good Doctor....however, I understand the Pens' team mascot, Regis McGuire is rarin ta go! :)

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I haven't heard anything on the waffling, shuffleboarding, knifing, and spirited away good Doctor....however, I understand the Pens' team mascot, Regis McGuire is rarin ta go! :)

Regis is always rarin to go when it comes to the Pens. That being said the Pens mojo has been off by not having all 3 NBC Amigos drooling over them in this series. I'm sure Edzo will miss the game again tonight because he is busy interviewing...er, handicapping horses for the race tomorrow. 

I fully expect Bettman to be between the benches with Regis tonight just to make sure things go the way he wants. :VeryCool:

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Regis is always rarin to go when it comes to the Pens. That being said the Pens mojo has been off by not having all 3 NBC Amigos drooling over them in this series. I'm sure Edzo will miss the game again tonight because he is busy interviewing...er, handicapping horses for the race tomorrow. 

I fully expect Bettman to be between the benches with Regis tonight just to make sure things go the way he wants. :VeryCool:

I guess I'll be listening to the game on mute between those guys and Noah Webster Emerick. I wonder how many times Regis McPenguin will mention Kristopher Letang's name tonight, even though he hasn't played a game in months. The over/under is 4. I'll take the over.

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I guess I'll be listening to the game on mute between those guys and Noah Webster Emerick. I wonder how many times Regis McPenguin will mention Kristopher Letang's name tonight, even though he hasn't played a game in months. The over/under is 4. I'll take the over.

Crazy thing is, McGuire feels if Letang had only made that ONE play last game against the Sens, the game would have turned out different.......... :ph34r:

Official. Murray in. Fleury out. Apparently Fleury has some goddawful numbers in Ottawa. Pulled from 4 of his first 7 starts there. Never a save % above .900 (regular seasor or post-season).

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crazy thing is, McGuire feels if Letang had only made that ONE play last game against the Sens, the game would have turned out different.......... :ph34r:

McGuire is an idiot.....and constantly lives in a fantasy world ......  I swear NBC like to torture us with him just because .....

Archived