Eastern Conference Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators

pilldoc

Eastern Conferenc Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series and goes to the SCF?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators sweep 4-0
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I wonder how many times Regis McPenguin will mention Kristopher Letang's name tonight, even though he hasn't played a game in months. The over/under is 4. I'll take the over.

One around the 6:45 mark of the first period.  Three to go!

Well as critical as I've been on Olli Maatta this season, what a great play stepping up into the rush and scoring his first playoff goal last night.   He actually looked great shielding the puck from the defender, who happened to be a forward, to score the goal.   Sorry for the criticism Ollit(but please still work on your foot speed in the off season).

As I mentioned above, history has shown, at least during this years playoffs, the team that has gotten "blown out", has won the next game. (except for 1 time).  I'm gonna go with the Senators coming back and winning 3-2.

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

Wow, Wingels with a salty move at the end of the game. That's pretty dirty. Would love to see the full play. 

Of course there will be a suspension! #mostprotectedteamever :-)

7 hours ago, pilldoc said:

As I mentioned above, history has shown, at least during this years playoffs, the team that has gotten "blown out", has won the next game. (except for 1 time).  I'm gonna go with the Senators coming back and winning 3-2.

Might you be willing to work as an investment forecaster on my behalf 

if you get this scoreline right too? 

:)

Wow.

The Pens have lived on the razors edge all postseason but while other teams are getting more and more banged up they are getting key guys back and putting it together. What a great organization.

And yes Wingels deserves a game for that nonsense.

41 minutes ago, hf101 said:

No suspension - Wilson is fine

Wish he would have at least been fined.  You have to get things like this on someone "record" or else next time it happens people will still be saying "He's not a dirty player, he's never been suspended or fined".   There was nothing hockey related in that.  He simply meant to hit him in the head with a forearm/elbow.  

So basically the league has said, once again, its okay to do that since he wasn't hurt.   Just add that video to the class action lawsuit for concussions that is to come as another piece of evidence that the NHL refuses to take action to protect its players from illegal hits to the head. 

Anyone else notice how the Pens started playing a lot better once Doc Emrick returned to call games 4 & 5 after missing the first three games of this series?

#mysticalpowerofthewaffleboard

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Anyone else notice how the Pens started playing a lot better once Doc Emrick returned to call games 4 & 5 after missing the first three games of this series?

#mysticalpowerofthewaffleboard

We're going to start an internet movement to nominate him for the Conn Smythe if the Pens win the cup again.  Where would they be without him.   

The Anderson I remember has roared back with a vengeance! :readytofight: 

Stopped 45 of 46 shots! 

And Murray was none-too-shabby either: 28 of 30! :readytofight:

Another Game 7 in this year's playoffs! Hope it's a good one! 

:dancing: 

Who had this series picked to go seven games? 

I confess that I didn't think Ottawa would be here. 

7 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

Stopped 45 of 46 shots! 

I think @OccamsRazor is the only one here who predicted this to go 7 games.  I myself thought the Penguins would have ripped through this series easily winning in 5 games.  But that was until I became aware of Boucher's coaching style with his lines.  It is going to be a great game 7.   

...and on goaltending Boucher made this interesting comment.

I'm thinking this could be why over the years the Flyers have had so many coaches.    :searching:

10 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

Stopped 45 of 46 shots! 

I had Ottawa sweeping... :bonkingheadonwall:

Someone fill me in. I missed the game. Spent the night in the ER with a 2 year old who hit his head on the bed frame and needed 6 stitches to reattach the skin to the top of his ear. Fought off the sedatives like a champ. #futurehockeyplayer?

Looks like one team will be breaking a streak.

I'm with the above, I didn't expect it to go to seven games, and honestly even if the Sens lose they should be proud of what they've achieved this season. They weren't expected to make it half this far into the playoffs

.facebook_1495639584129.jpg

3 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Looks like one team will be breaking a streak.

I'm with the above, I didn't expect it to go to seven games, and honestly even if the Sens lose they should be proud of what they've achieved this season. They weren't expected to make it half this far into the playoffs

.facebook_1495639584129.jpg

Wow.

Yep someone is breaking something. 

Agreed that should the Sens lose, they have nothing to be ashamed of. They had a helluva run and definitely should be proud of their year. 

Although I think the Pens will ultimately win Game 7, I would love to see the Sens win and would enjoy the utter devastation that Bettman, NHL league office and the three amigos from NBC Sports would feel. GO SENS GO!

#makeGaryDocEddieandRegissadagain

Archived