Eastern Conference Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators

pilldoc

Eastern Conferenc Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series and goes to the SCF?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators sweep 4-0
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

5 hours ago, B21 said:

Someone fill me in. I missed the game. Spent the night in the ER with a 2 year old who hit his head on the bed frame and needed 6 stitches to reattach the skin to the top of his ear. Fought off the sedatives like a champ. #futurehockeyplayer?

Hey B21...! All the best to your kiddo. 

A tight and tense game that was engaging to watch. No surprising and inexcusable

short-side giveaways or blowouts from Anderson. In fact only one goal period! And

great energy from the Ottawa faithful in Ottawa.   

Malkin scored a good goal also: 

:cheers:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, hf101 said:

I think @OccamsRazor is the only one here who predicted this to go 7 games.  I myself thought the Penguins would have ripped through this series easily winning in 5 games.  But that was until I became aware of Boucher's coaching style with his lines.  It is going to be a great game 7.   

...and on goaltending Boucher made this interesting comment.

I'm thinking this could be why over the years the Flyers have had so many coaches.    :searching:

Indeed / :) 

Other than one or two strange stretches, Anderson's been great. And 

props need also go to Ottawa's defensive system, the ways their players 

have positioned themselves and sticks, minus the game 6 meltdown of course, 

when other teams are trying to set up their offense. In this era of tighter offensive 

operational space, the Senators often shrink that space farther. 

Should Ottawa and Nashville meet up for the Cup rumble, we may see defensive and 

goaltending clinics for the ages. And, perhaps strangely enough, it could still be a 

fun series to see. :VeryCool: 

:senators: vs. :predators: for all the marvelous marbles? :IDunnoSmiley:

I've got much more reason to root Pens than Sens; however, 

I (like @Samifan and I imagine many others) would have no problem with 

Bettman's britches bunching up over Senators v. Predators in the Final. :haha:

6 hours ago, B21 said:

Someone fill me in. I missed the game. Spent the night in the ER with a 2 year old who hit his head on the bed frame and needed 6 stitches to reattach the skin to the top of his ear. Fought off the sedatives like a champ. #futurehockeyplayer?

Hope he's feeling better today. 

Was a pretty fun game to watch as a Pens fan other than the final score.  Pens had the best of play for most of the game, but Anderson stood on his head for the Sens.   Pens really dictated play, especially in the second, until the Sens power play that tied the game.  

Their power play goal came on a 5v3 power play.  The initial penalty on Cole for interference was a really weak penalty(so weak that even Mike Milbury complained about it), and shortly afterwards a high sticking gave the Sens the 5v3.

Of note also was the reviewed goal by Daley that was then disallowed.    Most of the announcing team thought it should have counted.  To me, Anderson put himself mostly in the net diving to make a save, and with Daley and Karlsson fighting for the puck they determined that Anderson did not have the chance to make a save.  

Overall, the Pens were the better team but Anderson was by far the best player on the ice.   He was in sound position all night long.   The one thing the Pens failed to do was to elevate the puck on him last night.   A lot of pucks were shot directly into his pads, or right on the crest of his sweater.     

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of which.......looks like what Crosby is thinking 3 posts back.....creepy!

Maybe he's panic'd as Methot's trying to give a quick rectal exam with his recovered finger?

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let's just hope it's a finger...:love:

If it wasn't you know Regis would be over the boards in a heartbeat to let Methot know Sid's already spoken for.

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Maybe he's panic'd as Methot's trying to give a quick rectal exam with his recovered finger?

LOL...after all at least he is using protection....his hand is gloved! :haha:

16 hours ago, Samifan said:

Is it just me or does Crosby look like he's smiling and enjoying this a bit too much? 

Crosby, "you're much bigger than Regis." :VeryCool:

IMG_1126.JPG

Maybe he thinks it's Giroux on topof him? :haha:

Wow what a series, and what a game seven.  Big props to the Senators who did not deviate from their game and gave everything they had.   If there was an MVP per series, it would have been Anderson for his play in net.  It really is a shame that he had to lose that game. 

• hf101 changed the title to Eastern Conference Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators
9 hours ago, nossagog said:

Wow what a series, and what a game seven.  Big props to the Senators who did not deviate from their game and gave everything they had.   If there was an MVP per series, it would have been Anderson for his play in net.  It really is a shame that he had to lose that game. 

I'm too emotionally drained to say anything other than hats off to Guy Boucher and the Senators. Nothing to hang their heads over. Hard to believe that they would give the Pens more of a challenge than the Blue Jackets and Capitals.

Great series. GREAT Game 7. I don't even mind the acid reflux. :DancingGrape:

this series really made a believer out of me with regards to the magic of Erik Karlsson. Holy **** is that guy good.

I thought that game was entertaining as all hell.  I also think the right team advanced, I thought the Pens were the better team in nearly every game, Anderson was wonderful, it is fitting that the goals that were scored on him he couldn't see...because everything he saw, he stopped.

I'm looking forward to the finals in that I think these teams play a similar high pressure style. It should be fun. 

This current Pens group is really exciting to watch, they hustle all over the ice, they contest every inch. I won't root for them but I have to say I admire the way Sullivan has them playing. I've said it before, I'd take Rust, Bonino and Guentzel for my team any day. even though 59 played limited minutes he's got the "it" with regards to the puck, it finds him, he finds it, he knows what to do with it. he's a good hockey player.

Archived