• Ducks sweep 4-0
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators sweep 4-0
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

Scrappy win for the Preds. Rinne kept them in it until they could find a way to get it done. Smashville should be wild Monday night.

Can't believe the team that has scored first has lost 4 out of 5 games in this series. 

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Does this series swing to Nashville's favor with the injury to Gibson?

It could. Both teams getting more banged up. My concern though, 

even with the Gibson injury, remains twofold: Anaheim's firepower and 

faceoff prowess, especially with Johansen out the mix. 

Methinks Nashville's gonna need one or two more nights from Rinne like 

his night tonight if they're gonna win this series. And as someone built for 

antipathy toward Anaheim :D I sure hope that happens. :) 

:cheers: 

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

Ducks Rakell out with a LBI and the Predators Fisher out with a concussion.  

Johansen is said to have had surgery for Acute Compartment Syndrome which can be limb and life threatening.  Frankly, I have never heard of this and it sounds terribly painful.

Same issue Flyers prospect John Kalinski had. https://www.google.com/amp/poststar.com/sports/an-injury-once-threatened-career-of-phantoms-kalinski/article_1d09f790-34aa-11df-810b-001cc4c03286.amp.html

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Acute Compartment Syndrome

Working in health care, I have heard of this before and is very serious condition.  God speed for a full recovery.

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/acute-compartment-syndrome-of-the-extremities?source=search_result&search=acute compartment syndrome&selectedTitle=1~150

SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATIONS

Acute compartment syndrome (ACS) occurs when increased pressure within a compartment bounded by unyielding fascial membranes compromises the circulation and function of the tissues within that space (figure 2). ACS is a surgical emergency. (See 'Pathophysiology' above.)

ACS most often develops soon after significant trauma, particularly involving long bone fractures of the lower leg or forearm. ACS may also occur following penetrating or minor trauma, or from nontraumatic causes, such as ischemia-reperfusion injury, coagulopathy, certain animal envenomations and bites, extravasation of IV fluids, injection of recreational drugs, and prolonged limb compression. (See 'Epidemiology and risk factors' above.)

The accuracy of the physical examination for diagnosing ACS is limited. Early symptoms of ACS include progressive pain out of proportion to the injury; signs include tense swollen compartments and pain with passive stretching of muscles within the affected compartment. Important clues to the development of ACS include rapid progression of symptoms and signs over a few hours and the presence of multiple findings consistent with the diagnosis in a patient at risk. Close observation and serial examinations in patients at risk for ACS are of great importance. Motor deficits are LATE findings associated with irreversible muscle and nerve damage. (See 'Clinical features' above.)

Immediate surgical consultation should be obtained whenever ACS is suspected based upon the patient's risk factors and clinical findings. Whenever possible, the surgeon should determine the need for measuring compartment pressures, which can aid diagnosis. A single normal compartment pressure reading, which may be performed early in the course of the disease, does NOT rule out ACS. Serial or continuous measurements are important when patient risk is moderate to high or clinical suspicion persists. (See 'Measurement of compartment pressures' above.)

The normal pressure of a tissue compartment falls between 0 and 8 mmHg. Signs of ACS develop as tissue pressure rises and approaches systemic pressure. However, the pressure necessary for injury varies. Higher pressures may be necessary before injury occurs to peripheral nerves in patients with systemic hypertension, while ACS may develop at lower pressures in those with hypotension or peripheral vascular disease. (See 'Interpretation of measurements' above.)

When interpreting compartment pressure measurements in patients with clinical findings suggestive of ACS, we suggest using a difference between the diastolic blood pressure and the compartment pressure of 30 mmHg or less as the threshold for an elevated compartment pressure. (See 'Interpretation of measurements' above.)

Immediate management of suspected ACS includes relieving all external pressure on the compartment. Any dressing, splint, cast, or other restrictive covering should be removed. The limb should be kept level with the torso, not elevated or lowered. Analgesics should be given and supplementary oxygen provided. Hypotension reduces perfusion and should be treated with intravenous boluses of isotonic saline. (See 'Management' above.)

Fasciotomy to fully decompress all involved compartments is the definitive treatment for ACS in the great majority of cases. Delays in performing fasciotomy increase morbidity. (See 'Management' above.)

Left untreated, ACS can result in muscle contracture, sensory deficits, paralysis, infection, fracture nonunion, and possibly limb amputation [4]. Rhabdomyolysis may occur with muscle ischemia, resulting in myoglobinuria and possible renal failure necessitating dialysis

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Ah, thanks for the flashback AJ, I totally forgot what compartment syndrome was.   Kalinski's career pretty much ended after that hit.  

2009-10    Adirondack Phantoms    AHL    69    10    18    
2009-10    Philadelphia Flyers        NHL    10    0    2    
2010-11    Adirondack Phantoms    AHL    73    6    17    
2011-12    Adirondack Phantoms    AHL    40    9    3    
2011-12    Norfolk Admirals             AHL    5    0    0    
2012-13    Hershey Bears               AHL    27    1    5

13 hours ago, hf101 said:

Ducks Rakell out with a LBI and the Predators Fisher out with a concussion.  

Johansen is said to have had surgery for Acute Compartment Syndrome which can be limb and life threatening.  Frankly, I have never heard of this and it sounds terribly painful.

There was a hockey player a few years back that suffered from this i can't remember who it was but i was from a check IIRC.

They had to have their whole thigh split open to relieve the pressure.

Great job Predators, knocked of the Hawks and the Ducks, the two top teams in the West to get there. Looks like through year one it is Subban 1 Weber 0.

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Great job Predators, knocked of the Hawks and the Ducks, the two top teams in the West to get there. Looks like through year one it is Subban 1 Weber 0.

Remember when matching the Flyers offer sheet on Weber was going to cripple this small non-traditional hockey market? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Finals Nashville Predators.

Classy move by the Preds to wait for their injured teammates before having the team photo taken!

Gibson and Rakell not playing hurt the Ducks a lot. But they needed to overcome it like the Preds did. Bottom line Bernier is to small and not quick enough to lead them further......please Lord don't let the Flyers go sign this guy...pass.

Congrats Preds. Lavy takes his 3rd team to a Cup!

I think Cam Fowler has played his last game for the Ducks. I'm sure they protect Vatanen and Lindholm and they have to protect Bieksa due to his NMC so i can't see Vegas passing on the 25 year old defenseman.

Archived