10 rising players from 2016 draft

jammer2

The more I read from Kevin LeBlanc, the more I value his opinion. Great prospects writer for Dobber.

A solid article about 10 players who saw their value skyrocket *after* the 2016 draft. Basically, these kids would have been drafted higher than their original slots. Nice to see the Flyers 6th round pick, Tanner Lacyzinski singled out. When you make the USA World Jr's unexpectedly it will have a tendency to drive up the old value chart...lol. A total steal by Hexy at #168.

Certainly, Clayton Keller would have gone top 5 if the scouts knew he would reach the upper tier of his upside like he did. He's always been looked upon as a skill machine, but slid a bit due to size......this kid is SO amazing, the size no longer matters. Arizona plucked a gem here.

I distinctly remember laughing out loud when the Panthers selected Borgstrom at #23. At the time, almost everyone called it a gigantic reach and way off the board. As it turns out, this kid finished 3rd in the entire NCAA in scoring as a freshman (Universtiy of Denver), netting 21 goals and 22 assists  AND lead his team to a NCAA title. The laugh is on all the other GM's now, cause this pick was not only legit but terrific value.

I really like the write up on Victor Mete, agree with all of it. This kid was steady as a rock in his own end and really upgraded his offensive potential. Victor Mete makes the NHL, simple as that. Wow, a whale of a steal for the Habs at #100. Great pick.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-home/the-journey/the-journey-rising-stock-among-2016-nhl-draft-picks/

Very interesting article, especially for the Hextall Flyers, who appear to really focus on the draft, from round one through round seven. Thank you for sharing, Jammer.

Archived