Hextall's Offseason Moves

JJMason33

5 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Good. No reason to hit next year's cap. Just bite the bullet and trade him at the deadline or let his contract expire.

Worst case he will bump someone else out the lineup...

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Worst case he will bump someone else out the lineup...

If that's the case, then the guy that he bumps out isn't worth the roster spot 

3 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

If that's the case, then the guy that he bumps out isn't worth the roster spot 

What?? Not true at all. You can only have 23 and dress 20. It is the rules....sorry.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

What?? Not true at all. You can only have 23 and dress 20. It is the rules....sorry.

Im saying that if Read is beating you out for a roster spot, you aren't worth much and we shouldn't be worrying about this player 

3 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Im saying that if Read is beating you out for a roster spot, you aren't worth much and we shouldn't be worrying about this player 

Well that person could be Lindblom. Ron will have to have to play his cards right which i expect he will and to keep from losing anyone it could be Oskar because he would waiver exempt...just saying it could be not just because he got outplayed.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well that person could be Lindblom. Ron will have to have to play his cards right which i expect he will and to keep from losing anyone it could be Oskar because he would waiver exempt...just saying it could be not just because he got outplayed.

Highly doubt it's Lindblom. The Flyers brass seem pretty high on him and I expect him to be on the Flyers getting good icetime this season. It'll be someone like Leier or another Tom Sestito

Hexy probably called to see what they were looking (doing what he is suppose to do leave no rock unturned) and J Dub's agent sent it out there to stir interest in his client (what he is suppose to do)....not much of a story here i think.

Hexy probably called to see what they were looking (doing what he is suppose to do leave no rock unturned) and J Dub's agent sent it out there to stir interest in his client (what he is suppose to do)....not much of a story here i think.

Or the Flyers were pursuing him until Weal re-signed. Would make sense from that point of view.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope Hextall, you and others realize that 65.7% of those drafted in the 2nd round make it to the NHL, and only 31.1% play more than 100 games in their careers. I know this is an article from 2014, but....https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/6/27/5845256/nhl-draft-2014-analysis-luck

'd hate to throw a damper on the whole build through the NHL draft thing, but that is a reality. You have to sign quality free agents. I know they didn't have a lot of manueverability for trades, but Hextall needs to pull the trigger on some significant deals down the line to round out the hockey team. 

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I hope Hextall, you and others realize that 65.7% of those drafted in the 2nd round make it to the NHL, and only 31.1% play more than 100 games in their careers.

I don't care about that. I know about statistics.

I will watch and see where this goes. They have a plan.

Trust. The. Process!

On 30/06/2017 at 5:15 PM, OccamsRazor said:

First thing the Flyer's need to do if they want to make the playoffs next year is sign a long snapper!!!!!!

bf.gif?w=450&h=313

All great Cup team couldn't make it without one........

LACES OUT!

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I hope Hextall, you and others realize that 65.7% of those drafted in the 2nd round make it to the NHL, and only 31.1% play more than 100 games in their careers. I know this is an article from 2014, but....https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/6/27/5845256/nhl-draft-2014-analysis-luck

'd hate to throw a damper on the whole build through the NHL draft thing, but that is a reality. You have to sign quality free agents. I know they didn't have a lot of manueverability for trades, but Hextall needs to pull the trigger on some significant deals down the line to round out the hockey team. 

You build your core through the draft and sign free agents to compliment your core 

The Flyers arent in a position right now to add expensive free agents to help their core make a push in the playoffs

I don't care about that. I know about statistics.

I will watch and see where this goes. They have a plan.

Trust. The. Process!

Yeah...well, the Sixers didn't get better until Hinkie left...so I hope they don't go down that road. They were in a perpetual cycle of stupidity. 

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

You build your core through the draft and sign free agents to compliment your core 

You can't round a core significantly when you overpay your lock into your overrated core with bloated guaranteed contracts. See Jake and G.

23 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah...well, the Sixers didn't get better until Hinkie left...so I hope they don't go down that road. They were in a perpetual cycle of stupidity. 

F**k the Sixers no one gives a f**k about them.

Look they are 3 years into this thing. I'm committed.

Do i have my questions?

Of course but since i have followed the Flyers i have seen it done the other way.

Now i'm with them on trying it this way.

All i know the farm is deeper than it has ever been and they are headed in the right direction.

The rebuild isn't in a straight line.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They were in a perpetual cycle of stupidity. 

And sure by all means arm chair GM this thing to the very last second for all i care (it's what the site is for) as of right now....this is all i care about where they sit right now.

Every year every team rolls the dice....guess we'll see...

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You have to sign quality free agents. I know they didn't have a lot of manueverability for trades, but Hextall needs to pull the trigger on some significant deals down the line to round out the hockey team. 

yeah, you add to your core of players via free agency or trades

I think the first order of business is identify the core. I thnk the VeeGees are bridge guys to keep the team from being completely unwatchable while Hextall gets his guys into the system.  I think IP, Sanheim, Koneckny, Rubstov, Patrick... I think these are the players in Hextall's core. G and Jake can show them how to be pros while still contributing but I think when this team is winning Jake and G will be quality depth players, not the on-ice production leaders.

I don't think now is the time to make moves in a weak free agent market.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think IP, Sanheim, Koneckny, Rubstov, Patrick...

Yes then down the road the support cast come trickling in...

Vorobyev

Aube-Kubel

Allison

Myers

Friedman 

Laberge

Vecchione

Laczynski

Bunnaman

Frost

Ratcliffe

Salinitri

Kase

Strome

Marody

Twarynski

And that is not to name all i left a few off but just to know where they are headed...they will come in when ready...

Archived