2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh vs Nashville

hf101

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins Lords Stanley Cup?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Nashville sweep 4-0
    • Nashville in 5
    • Nashville in 6
    • Nashville in 7

22 hours ago, Samifan said:

Phantom offside takes Preds momentum in game 1. Video review should have been inconclusive. No way the preds can beat PENS, NBC and NHL. Fix is in.....

IMG_1128.JPG

The player on left side of ice was offside. (Listened on radio) 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

The player on left side of ice was offside. (Listened on radio) 

If Mike Lange said it, then it must be true and I'll stand corrected. :VeryCool:

Yeah, his performance has been... disappointing to say the least. What were his stats going into this round?

That said, damn the defence hasn't been getting its positioning right

Nashville was pretty undisciplined for most of the game but they were still in the game at the end of the 2nd.  They forgot to show up for the 3rd period.

Guentzel just catapulted himself into the top spot for the Conn Smythe, IMO.  Pens up 2 games to 0 and Guentzel has both game winning goals. 

Looked like it was going to be another tossup game going into the third period, and then three quick goals ended it.    Pens hold serve in the 'burgh, on to  Nashville to see what happens.   Don't necessarily like the two days off, but whatever.  

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Nashville was pretty undisciplined for most of the game but they were still in the game at the end of the 2nd.  They forgot to show up for the 3rd period.

Guentzel just catapulted himself into the top spot for the Conn Smythe, IMO.  Pens up 2 games to 0 and Guentzel has both game winning goals. 

Yeah, Jake is going to be a player.  What a playoff run he's had.  Going to be a lot of firsts for him, again, after this game.   Leading goal scorer in the playoffs, really?

All the criticism of Leaky Rinne is warranted. However, the Preds just don't have the talent at the forward position, either, right now to compete with the Penguins forwards, and their defense is getting very frustrated.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Who???

This is 2 years in a row where they are pulling these no name guys out of their rears and are winning Cups.  

7 minutes ago, trevluk said:

SERIES OVER. No team is winning 4 out of 5 against this all star team let alone the beat up Preds with a goalie who is choking in the finals. Another lame Stanley Cup year.

Pittsburgh vs Washington was the Cup final.  

26 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Who???

This is 2 years in a row where they are pulling these no name guys out of their rears and are winning Cups.  

The writing was on the wall that this series would be over in 5 or 6 games when Johansen went down to a season-ending injury. If the lack of good goaltending or offensive firepower continues for Nashville, it might be over sooner than that.

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The writing was on the wall that this series would be over in 5 or 6 games when Johansen went down to a season-ending injury. If the lack of good goaltending or offensive firepower continues for Nashville, it might be over sooner than that.

Yeah the Preds might be able to squeak out a win but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Pens sweep. We could be looking at a dynasty as they have all the pieces in place to win it again next year. I don't see any team in the NHL that can take the Pens in a 7 game series if they are healthy. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

6 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

Who???

Guentzel not exactly a no-name guy, but that kind of depends where you are from.   :tongue:   His father is an assistant coach of the Minnesota Gophers and has been for a number of years.  While he was born in Nebraska he grew up in Minnesota, played HS hockey on one of the best High School teams in the state.   

Jake is there, no 24 when the Gophers won the national title in 2003.

As Yogi would say, "It ain't over, till its over".   Nashville has been playing very well these past two games.  Easily the better team in game one, and still a great game in game two.   I would not be surprised to see them take both game in their own place.  That said, I think then need to play a smarter game.   They gave up seven power plays tonight, and all but the first one were easily deserved.  They can't keep using their sticks for crosschecks and such, at some point the Pens power play is going to wake up.   If Nashville can stop hurting themselves, they'll go a long way to making it even harder on the Pens. 

10 hours ago, nossagog said:

Looked like it was going to be another tossup game going into the third period, and then three quick goals ended it.    Pens hold serve in the 'burgh, on to  Nashville to see what happens.   Don't necessarily like the two days off, but whatever.  

Apparently that flight from Pittsburgh to Nashville is brutal. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

As Yogi would say, "It ain't over, till its over".   Nashville has been playing very well these past two games.  Easily the better team in game one, and still a great game in game two.   I would not be surprised to see them take both game in their own place.  That said, I think then need to play a smarter game.   They gave up seven power plays tonight, and all but the first one were easily deserved.  They can't keep using their sticks for crosschecks and such, at some point the Pens power play is going to wake up.   If Nashville can stop hurting themselves, they'll go a long way to making it even harder on the Pens. 

That's James Neal rubbing off on them. :DancingGrape:

You are right though. This series is far from over. The Pens have a tendency to not close out teams when they are down. Case in point this year - Caps and Senators. If Nashville wins Game 3 it's a series again.

I think Jake Guentzel just got himself PAID !

I don't know when he's up for RFA but that kid is a player and not just with himself.

If you're Nashville I wonder if playing the Pens is like fighting terrorism...you (Nsh) have to perfect, all the time because all they need is that one opportunity.  

Plus the Pens seem to have Rinne's number, he has flat out stunk against them. 

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Jake Guentzel just got himself PAID !

I don't know when he's up for RFA but that kid is a player and not just with himself.

Guentzel has two more years before he gets a Ville Leino-type deal.

:ph34r:

21 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Yeah, his performance has been... disappointing to say the least. What were his stats going into this round?

That said, damn the defence hasn't been getting its positioning right

94% save percentage before this series. 1.6something GAA. Played

out of his mind for all but one Pred game that I saw. And he

wasn't usually giving up tough-angle shots for which he had

a good look. 

Nashville's uncharacteristic lack of discipline these last two games! :dizzysmiley-1:

Power-play goals surrendered in each one after unnecessary penalties. 

And this game they're lucky the refs missed or ignored three obvious 

infractions--a roughing, a goalie interference, and ye-olde regular interference :)--

which could have led to another Pitt strike on the power play. This Pred squad 

continually upends their own momentum and accelerating it for the Pens. 

That's cool for Guentzel to set a new playoff point record for American players.

:playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon: :hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon: :goodjob:

Pittsburgh seems to have gotten extraordinary help from unlikely sources 

throughout this season whenever they've been battered or reeling. 

1 hour ago, thenewestlights said:

94% save percentage before this series. 1.6something GAA. Played

out of his mind for all but one Pred game that I saw. And he

wasn't usually giving up tough-angle shots for which he had

a good look. 

Nashville's uncharacteristic lack of discipline these last two games! :dizzysmiley-1:

Power-play goals surrendered in each one after unnecessary penalties. 

And this game they're lucky the refs missed or ignored three obvious 

infractions--a roughing, a goalie interference, and ye-olde regular interference :)--

which could have led to another Pitt strike on the power play. This Pred squad 

continually upends their own momentum and accelerating it for the Pens. 

That's cool for Guentzel to set a new playoff point record for American players.

:playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon: :hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon: :goodjob:

Pittsburgh seems to have gotten extraordinary help from unlikely sources 

throughout this season whenever they've been battered or reeling. 

Actually, the Pens are 0 for the first two games on the power play.   If the Preds continue to play over the edge, its a matter of time before the Pens PP pots a few.    That could make it even more difficult for the Preds.   Coming out at home in game 3, they need to reel in their exuberance a little at the beginning of the game and not take bad penalties early. 

22 hours ago, nossagog said:

As Yogi would say, "It ain't over, till its over".

Well it ain't looking good Rinne is 0-9 versus the Penguins...shall he get his 10th??? We'll see i guess 5-11 180 pound Jusse Saros ain't the answer for sure......

Archived