2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh vs Nashville

hf101

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins Lords Stanley Cup?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Nashville sweep 4-0
    • Nashville in 5
    • Nashville in 6
    • Nashville in 7

On 6/6/2017 at 10:45 AM, Samifan said:

I don't speak their language but would listen to their broadcast over the 3 Amigos from PENBC any day.

Wow... what energy! :D 

Reminds me how excited some Mexican brethren get when they

call "GOOOAAALLL!" in Liga MX. :) 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2017 at 8:13 AM, ruxpin said:

I picked Pens in 6.

It's not based on anything, and I have no idea.  

It's funny how I end up being right only when I'm randomly picking something.

I have no idea why this super power doesn't work for the lottery.

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

PENBC not happy with the anti Milbury signs in Smashville tonight.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nbc-bribing-predators-fans-get-rid-anti-mike-milbury-signs-001454063.html

Oh, and he don't know...
That I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he speaks...

...What? a hat?

Well, ****, why didn't you tell me I could have a hat?

To know know know him
Is to love love love him
Just to see that smile
Makes my life worthwhile
To know know know him
Is to love love love him
And I do
And I do
And I do

Congrats to the Pens on back to back championships, first time in two decades this has happened.

One thing I noticed was the Penguins won more games that they were outplayed in than any cup winner that I have ever seen. Game one and again game six easily could have went to the Preds which really was the norm for the Penguins this popstseason as every series they won at least one game if not more that they were outplayed, in some cases badly. 

This is not a crack or a rip on the Pens, they played without Letang for the entire run and Murray for over half of the postseason as well as Schultz, Hornqvist and more missing time throughout. They managed to hold on when they needed to, they remained calm and dug deep and won games that lesser teams certainly would not have. That is what makes champions.

Congratulations Penguins. I'm betting it will be a lot more than 20 years before we have a repeat  cup winner  again. The NHL is not set up for that to happen. Anyway, well done Sid and the boys! :cheers:

35 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Hornqvist

A former Preds forward scores the Cup winner....drafted in 2005 like Sid who was the 1st pick that year Hornqvist was the last.

44 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Congrats to the Pens on back to back championships, first time in two decades this has happened.

One thing I noticed was the Penguins won more games that they were outplayed in than any cup winner that I have ever seen. Game one and again game six easily could have went to the Preds which really was the norm for the Penguins this popstseason as every series they won at least one game if not more that they were outplayed, in some cases badly. 

This is not a crack or a rip on the Pens, they played without Letang for the entire run and Murray for over half of the postseason as well as Schultz, Hornqvist and more missing time throughout. They managed to hold on when they needed to, they remained calm and dug deep and won games that lesser teams certainly would not have. That is what makes champions.

Yeah this was far from any type of dominant performance by the Pens.  They won plenty of games where they seemed to be outplayed.  You have to wonder if that comes down to that experience thing from last year, knowing that they can stay in games and not panic.  Will have to look, but last night was one of a rare games where the Pens out shot a team in these playoffs. 

A shame in regards to the quick whistle on the early goal, that will leave a dark spot(and fuel plenty more conspiracy theories) on a great game. 

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Yeah this was far from any type of dominant performance by the Pens.  They won plenty of games where they seemed to be outplayed.  You have to wonder if that comes down to that experience thing from last year, knowing that they can stay in games and not panic.  Will have to look, but last night was one of a rare games where the Pens out shot a team in these playoffs. 

A shame in regards to the quick whistle on the early goal, that will leave a dark spot(and fuel plenty more conspiracy theories) on a great game. 

Well put.  Last year was more about dominating.  This year was all about attrition which brings me back to giving a lot of credit to Rutherford. Adding Hainsey and Streit. NOT trading Fleury. He understood that there would be a need for depth if they were to make another run.

As for that quick whistle - what can you do? Caught a break there.  Right call as far as disallowing the goal but it was certainly quick. That said, it certainly did not cost Nashville the game. Failing to convert during almost 4:00 of PP time in the 3rd period including a 5 on 3 did them in.

Edit: If that same call happened with 10:00 to go (or less) different story. But with two full periods of hockey left to play? 

Archived